"The Earth is flat" - Kyrie Irving

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-the-pi...-Earth-as-perfectly-round-even-though-its-not

main-qimg-6447b2eb2cd89e38f3f8333680ce4bf4-p

main-qimg-851b05ad458f5caa2e96c0e6ea8d0bef-p

Arun Prasaad Gunasekaran, Masters in Climate Science - learnt about Earth's atmosphere-ocean interactions.
Written Dec 6, 2015

If I remember correctly, the first image is an exaggerated view of the changes in acceleration due to gravity throughout the planet. The places which are yellow or red have higher gravity than the planet's average value. The blue spots have a lower value than the planet's average. This distortion "mashed potato"picture of the world is for the viewers to get a feel of how the gravitational anomalies are present throughout the world.

Why does the Earth look spherical even if it is not? It's simple! - length scales.

Your table at your home or at office is flat and smooth right? Strictly speaking, it is incorrect. On a microscopic level, your table is rough with a lot of undulations.

That is what happens to Earth. Technically, it is not a perfect sphere. There are undulations due to continents and oceans/seas/mountains/valleys etc., And because of the rotation of the planet, the equatorial radius is more than the polar radius of the Planet by around 21 km. The actual average radius of the planet is around 6371 km. 21 km is just 0.33% variation in the average radius of the planet. So, this variation would not be visible to notice at all by the naked Eye.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I don't. I never said I was certain the earth was flat. I only said the flat earthers brought up some good points regarding how little evidence there is for a round earth.

I got no idea what shape the earth is.

I'm just not gonna take some scientist or NASA's word for it. They need to show us some EVIDENCE. And thus far there has been little to no credible evidence regarding the shape of the earth.
Can you give a wishlist of evidence that you'd like to see.

People have shown you live feeds, photos, mathematical equations, attempts at using common sense.

Give us a top 5 or top 10 wishlist of the type of evidence you'd like to see.

Example:
1. I need to see an uninterrupted video feed of a rocket going into space
2. I need to see a full above view mapping of antarctica
etc

Stop saying evidence when you don't know what the fukk you're talking about. Give us a list of things..in LIST FORM, please.

KingJudah2

All Star
Daps
Reppin
718 Kings County
I see you ignoring this request @Swagnificent :sas1:

As well as this: 10 Easy Ways You Can Tell For Yourself That The Earth Is Not Flat all while continue to throw shade at NASA. NASA never proposed the idea of the Earth being a globe, nor did they prove it was a globe. That was done long before they existed. But you'll ignore that too:sas2:

If this isn't the most non-scientific, conjecture riddled "proof" list I've ever seen. Vanishing point, the moon have a "shadow" does not prove the earth is a sphere. What a joke. You can see a crescent moon at dusk while the Sun is still out, no possible way for the earth to cast a shadow on the moon at that period.

Daps
If this isn't the most non-scientific, conjecture riddled "proof" list I've ever seen. Vanishing point, the moon have a "shadow" does not prove the earth is a sphere. What a joke. You can see a crescent moon at dusk while the Sun is still out, no possible way for the earth to cast a shadow on the moon at that period.
Where’s the moon? Waning crescent | EarthSky.org

"The moon, as always, is rising in the east day after day. But most people won’t see this moon phase unless they get up early. When the sun comes up, and the sky grows brighter, the waning crescent moon fades. Now the moon is so near the Earth/sun line that the sun’s glare is drowning this slim moon from view.

Still, the waning crescent is up there, nearly all day long, moving ahead of the sun across the sky’s dome. It sets in the west several hours or less before sunset."

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
I havent taken medicine to correct an illness in probably 4+ years breh... :blessed:

Cac science has an agenda. Real science does not.

I haven't had a cold in 5 years, haven't seen a doctor in 6-7 years, didn't go to a dentist while I was traveling overseas, came back and the orthodontist said my teeth were ridiculously strong for someone who hasn't been to the dentist in 10 years. :blessed: With all that said gravity exists, and for $8K you can visit Antarctica breh:

Antarctica Tours & Travel | Intrepid Travel US, go and let us know what the edge of the earth looks like my brother :blessed:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps

Are you really this stupid? You need a light source and an obstacle to cast a shadow breh. You can cast a shadow in broad daylight, go outside and give it a try :pachaha:

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Talked to my ex today, she's an astrophysics professor. Told shorty about Kyrie, and about this thread. Her response: "Well, it’s pretty fukking easy to rule out a flat earth if you’ve ever sailed a long distance across the ocean or traveled cross country by airplane. Actually, there are many many other ways. Tell those people to watch the solar eclipse this August 21st and try to use their dumb flat earth model to explain that."

I told her there was no use, because there's always a rebuttal. And even when it doesn't make sense, the people trying to parse details on both sides are so woefully uneducated they can't tell what's rooted in years of study and what's crackpot logic. Soon enough all the children will be in charter school praying to Jesus while the paint peels off the walls and the administrators struggle to deal with the bottled water shortage. And we can all make model Earths out of cardboard, lay them on the floor, and have a place to sleep in our ignorance while the world collapses.

:blessed:

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She just came through with another one: "Dear god. Yeah, the people who hear something they don’t immediately understand, and decide, ‘that must be a lie and/or wrong’ rather than ‘I should work harder to try to understand that concept’ bug the shyt out of me. People have a way of hanging onto elaborate rationalizations that validate their own preconceived notions. Why a flat earth would appeal to some people is completely beyond me though. There may be some complex math you’d have to invent that makes no sense to explain the multitude of phenomena that simply all point to a near-spherical body orbiting the sun, but it’s just such bullshyt that I imagine the flat earthers must be trolls."

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
Talked to my ex today, she's an astrophysics professor. Told shorty about Kyrie, and about this thread. Her response: "Well, it’s pretty fukking easy to rule out a flat earth if you’ve ever sailed a long distance across the ocean or traveled cross country by airplane. Actually, there are many many other ways. Tell those people to watch the solar eclipse this August 21st and try to use their dumb flat earth model to explain that."

I told her there was no use, because there's always a rebuttal. And even when it doesn't make sense, the people trying to parse details on both sides are so woefully uneducated they can't tell what's rooted in years of study and what's crackpot logic. Soon enough all the children will be in charter school praying to Jesus while the paint peels off the walls and the administrators struggle to deal with the bottled water shortage. And we can all make model Earths out of cardboard, lay them on the floor, and have a place to sleep in our ignorance while the world collapses.

:blessed:
No offense to you or your ex, but how would sailing a long distance especially across the vast ocean prove curvature? What would be the reference points or landmarks that would show the curve?