"The Earth is flat" - Kyrie Irving

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No offense to you or your ex, but how would sailing a long distance especially across the vast ocean prove curvature? What would be the reference points or landmarks that would show the curve?

Dog, no offense to you either (and I truly mean that), but there's zero chance I would make a post in this thread debating the flatness of the fukkin Earth. I might laugh a little, cry a little, and toss in an aside from my ex... but actually engaging with this shyt?
image.jpg

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
No offense to you or your ex, but how would sailing a long distance especially across the vast ocean prove curvature? What would be the reference points or landmarks that would show the curve?

Latitude and longitude are your friends. There's a reason it's in degrees and not a measure of length my fellow Rhodes scholar :pachaha:

Go read a book breh :hhh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see you ignoring this request @Swagnificent :sas1:

As well as this: 10 Easy Ways You Can Tell For Yourself That The Earth Is Not Flat all while continue to throw shade at NASA. NASA never proposed the idea of the Earth being a globe, nor did they prove it was a globe. That was done long before they existed. But you'll ignore that too:sas2:

I've ignored it cause its really dumb and I have already dismissed many of those bullshyt arguments before. But if you want me to do it again then here it goes:

1. Lunar Eclipse - If the moon is self-illuminating as many flat earthers believe then the shadows cast on the moon are not from the earth but rather the sun. Just watch this youtube video showing an experiment using a Styrofoam ball and lamp light.

2. Ships at the horizon - Another round earth conspiracy point that has been widely debunked by flat earthers. There is video of people all over youtube using high power cameras and telescopes to view ships that look like they disappeared at the horizon. In fact all that happens is that they go out of our field of view cause our eyes are not powerful enough. With the use to high power cameras or telescopes, those ships come right back into view.

3. Varying star constellations - The flat earth explanation here is that the stars along with the sun and moon are actually much closer to the earth than mainstream science claims. Thus if the objects are closer then the star constellations I cannot see from the United States that I might see in Australia are simply invisible past the vanishing point, beyond my perspective. When I travel south I am moving to a new location, changing my perspective, rising up a completely different set stars. There is a reason all the ancients believed the earth was flat. There is no phenomenon we can view from the earth that is not consistent with a flat model of the world.

4. Shadows and Sticks - This point has been refuted many times. There is no way Erastheones 2,000 years ago could have known what the sun was doing at the same time of day hundreds of miles away in another city of Egypt. If the sun is closer to the earth than the 93 million miles current science says then once again this phenomenon is also explained.

5. Seeing further from higher - This foolish point was refuted in the article itself. All that happens when you look from a higher position is you overcome obstacles on the earth like houses, buildings, hills, etc. Being able to see further from higher up does in no way prove a round earth. It just proves the earth ain't perfectly flat since there are obstacles all across it.

6. Riding a plane - Already refuted this point as well. First you can't see curvature from a plane. Many people have posted pictures already refuting this. Next you can make circles on a flat plane. Latitudinal circumnavigation as I've pointed out many times is perfectly consistent with a flat earth as well as a round one. Now if you can show me a flight that has flown from the north pole to the south pole longitudinally and then back, then I'll believe the earth is round. As of right now plane rides neither prove a round earth nor a flat one.

7. Other planets - Another point I have refuted many times. Just because other things in the sky appear spherical doesn't make the earth also spherical. That would be a logical fallacy. Just as a pool table is not also spherical simply because the billiard balls on it are spherical.

8. Timezones - This point goes along with points made about the day/night cycle. Once again if the earth is a stationary plane and the sun/moon are moving then all the phenomenon we see including differences in time and day are perfectly explainable.

9. Center of gravity - Gravity is unnecessary if there is an objective up and an objective down.

10. Images from space - Do I even have to answer this?

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dog, no offense to you either (and I truly mean that), but there's zero chance I would make a post in this thread debating the flatness of the fukkin Earth. I might laugh a little, cry a little, and toss in an aside from my ex... but actually engaging with this shyt?
image.jpg

You see shyt like this is what proves people have been brainwashed.

If its so easy to refute the flat earth theory then why does everyone who thinks its so obvious think its beneath them to engage in debate?

This just proves you can't come to terms with the fact you been brainwashed and don't really have any good reasons to believe what you believe.

I personally have no fukkin idea what shape the earth is but I'm glad flat earthers have brought the issue up cause it got me to question why I believe what I believe. And that is always a good thing.

Jayou Ayen

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The East Bay
7. Other planets - Another point I have refuted many times. Just because other things in the sky appear spherical doesn't make the earth also spherical. That would be a logical fallacy. Just as a pool table is not also spherical simply because the billiard balls on it are spherical.

:pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
And for the record I want the spherical earth model to be a real.

I don't like the idea of a flat earth.

But I would be lying to myself if I didn't admit I find some of their arguments convincing.

Daps
I've ignored it cause its really dumb and I have already dismissed many of those bullshyt arguments before. But if you want me to do it again then here it goes:

1. Lunar Eclipse - If the moon is self-illuminating as many flat earthers believe then the shadows cast on the moon are not from the earth but rather the sun. Just watch this youtube video showing an experiment using a Styrofoam ball and lamp light.

2. Ships at the horizon - Another round earth conspiracy point that has been widely debunked by flat earthers. There is video of people all over youtube using high power cameras and telescopes to view ships that look like they disappeared at the horizon. In fact all that happens is that they go out of our field of view cause our eyes are not powerful enough. With the use to high power cameras or telescopes, those ships come right back into view.

3. Varying star constellations - The flat earth explanation here is that the stars along with the sun and moon are actually much closer to the earth than mainstream science claims. Thus if the objects are closer then the star constellations I cannot see from the United States that I might see in Australia are simply invisible past the vanishing point, beyond my perspective. When I travel south I am moving to a new location, changing my perspective, rising up a completely different set stars. There is a reason all the ancients believed the earth was flat. There is no phenomenon we can view from the earth that is not consistent with a flat model of the world.

4. Shadows and Sticks - This point has been refuted many times. There is no way Erastheones 2,000 years ago could have known what the sun was doing at the same time of day hundreds of miles away in another city of Egypt. If the sun is closer to the earth than the 93 million miles current science says then once again this phenomenon is also explained.

5. Seeing further from higher - This foolish point was refuted in the article itself. All that happens when you look from a higher position is you overcome obstacles on the earth like houses, buildings, hills, etc. Being able to see further from higher up does in no way prove a round earth. It just proves the earth ain't perfectly flat since there are obstacles all across it.

6. Riding a plane - Already refuted this point as well. First you can't see curvature from a plane. Many people have posted pictures already refuting this. Next you can make circles on a flat plane. Latitudinal circumnavigation as I've pointed out many times is perfectly consistent with a flat earth as well as a round one. Now if you can show me a flight that has flown from the north pole to the south pole longitudinally and then back, then I'll believe the earth is round. As of right now plane rides neither prove a round earth nor a flat one.

8. Timezones - This point goes along with points made about the day/night cycle. Once again if the earth is a stationary plane and the sun/moon are moving then all the phenomenon we see including differences in time and day are perfectly explainable.

9. Center of gravity - Gravity is unnecessary if there is an objective up and an objective down.

:whew: this is a lot of BS, let's focus on #6 cuz that's the easiest to illustrate in my mind. I'll ask again, please post the flat earth picture so we can use it as a frame of reference.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps

The whole basis of science is the ability to predict events based on observable phenomena!!!! :mindblown: The electronic device you are spewing these fallacies on are based on the PROBABILITY of electrons having certain spin vectors based on a certain input voltage/current/resistance, e.g. linear circuit. When you say sh*t like "there is no way" you automatically declare to those that don't know you that you are not a scientist. Brownian motion, stoichiometry, quantum physics are all based on PROBABILITY. But as you can see with your computer it is working 99% of the time.

Science: a+b=c, because a1+b1= c1, a2+b2 = c2, so a+b=c

@Swagnificent : No, f*ck all that, I need to see you whip out a measuring and prove it to me

Science: :comeon:

Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's not true breh. As any sailor why they use latitude and longitude for transoceanic voyages instead of simple linear measurements. And if you don't believe what they say, become a merchant marine and take a voyage yourself. :obama:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
You can't read? Read it again

Yes, you said you can see the crescent moon shape at dusk from earth while the sun is still out (technically this is a redundant statement since dusk implies the sun is still out, but we'll allow it for the sake of argument :obama:) therefore making it impossible for earth to cast a shadow on the moon at that time. So please explain to me how it is impossible for the earth to cast a shadow ON THE MOON, a smaller object. Perhaps the other way is possible, since the earth is larger than the moon, but the moon isn't small enough or far enough for it's shadow to be inobservable at any given time. Buy a floodlight, buy a tennis ball, by a golf ball/marble. Suspend the tennis ball directly above the golf ball/marble, say 1/8 inch. Let us know if there is any angle you can hold the flood light on a dimmed setting where the tennis ball doesn't produce a shadow on the smaller object and vice versa. If you can do send me a video and I will paypal you $100 if it's real :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whew: this is a lot of BS, let's focus on #6 cuz that's the easiest to illustrate in my mind. I'll ask again, please post the flat earth picture so we can use it as a frame of reference.

Dude I never said I believed in any flat earth map or picture. IMO its possibly as bullshyt as the round earth map.

All I've ever said is we don't know for sure what the truth is.

All there is are theories.

Daps
Dude I never said I believed in any flat earth map or picture. IMO its possibly as bullshyt as the round earth map.

All I've ever said is we don't know for sure what the truth is.

All there is are theories.
:dwillhuh:

You claimed the flat earth theory had never been debunked. It has, and I can debunk it pretty easily right now. Then, once we rule out that theory, we can move on to proving the globe.

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Daps
With all that said gravity exists

Tell that to a balloon, to which when it is not filled with hair, gravity holds it to the ground. But when it is filled with a certain air, suddenly gravity has no hold on it

:sas2:

, and for $8K you can visit Antarctica breh:

Antarctica Tours & Travel | Intrepid Travel US, go and let us know what the edge of the earth looks like my brother :blessed:

Pretend as if they let you roam freely instead of taking you to designated areas brehs

Ignore the story of Admiral Byrd who went to Antarctica and came back saying there is an unmapped land mass there brehs

:mjlol: Plugging your ears and covering your eyes doesnt make the truth go away

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Daps
The whole basis of science is the ability to predict events based on observable phenomena!!!!

How's that the case when everything we "observe" matches a flat, stable earth? :jbhmm:

Yet instead of going with what we observe, they with the exact opposite, that we're a ball that spins and hurls through space at very fast speeds? :jbhmm:

Or how about how we observe BOTH the sun and moon move, but they tell us only the moon moves? :jbhmm:

Or how about we see the stars move, yet they tell us its us moving? :jbhmm:

Where exactly does observable science come in FOR US? :jbhmm: :yeshrug: