"The Earth is flat" - Kyrie Irving

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:ohhh: im not like that breh. I don't have a flat earth membership card or anything. I'm just trying to learn. No one has an answer to exactly how high you have to be to escape the rules of gravity so I feel it's a valid question.
It's not a valid question because again you aren't starting with a sound premis in the first place.

You can't go "high enough" to escape the rules of gravity. The rules of gravity apply to the entire universe. Earths gravitational pull can be felt by distant bodies just as the earth can feel the gravity from distant bodies. Our entire galaxy is orbiting around a black hole due to its gravitational pull.

Everything that has mass, has a gravitational pull. Including you.

So there's no way to "escape the laws of gravity" it's an invalid question in the first place.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No its because if I tried to speak physics with someone who thinks that satellites can only go above 200 feet above where the atmosphere ends (you probably didn't even know what a exosphere or being geosynchronous was before this conversation), I'd be speaking to a brick wall. I'd be happy to take you to a physics class if you're ever on campus in the near future though.

They didn't use physics at all, you used a generic statement they had zero physics in it, which is why I asked you to prove and you can't
you don't even understand physics you would've spoken to me in terms of physics which you didn't

First off I said the international space station has only been 200ft not Satelittes

can you READ nikka
Human beings cannot go far off in space, I never satelites
Stop trying to argue with you to prove me wrong and talk facts

that's why I can respect you as a man, because you're not interested in facts, you just want to argue like a woman

the fact you just lied about what I said, proves what type of person you are

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
tumblr_mudt1y76g71ql5yr7o1_500.gif

You think there are square planets out there breh?

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
One side isn't facing much more gravitational pull than the other. The amount of gravitational pull is determined solely by how large you are and how far you are from the center of the Earth. Since the Earth is roughly a sphere, it's about the same distance to then center on all sides, thus about the same gravity.

There are minor differences in gravity from place to place, depending on whether you're on mountain or valley, different densities of rock in different places, but those effects are too minor to notice, less than 1%.

And I simply don't believe this...

If on side is closest to the center thus having the lowest gravitational pull the other side needing the higher pull would have to be noticeable...

Like I said take a 4000 pound truck and drive around a track on one side of the earth..and drive that same truck around around on the opposite side..

After 100 miles the fact that there are different gravitational pulls would have to be noticeable in gas usage with these vehicles weighing as much as they do...
(Even if it's just by a tenth of a gallon)

I hear what you are saying but I just don't believe it

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Alright I'll start this physics discussion off then. Do you know what centrifugal force is?

They didn't use physics at all, you used a generic statement they had zero physics in it, which is why I asked you to prove and you can't
you don't even understand physics you would've spoken to me in terms of physics which you didn't

First off I said the international space station has only been 200ft not Satelittes

can you READ nikka
Human beings cannot go far off in space, I never satelites
Stop trying to argue with you to prove me wrong and talk facts

that's why I can respect you as a man, because you're not interested in facts, you just want to argue like a woman

the fact you just lied about what I said, proves what type of person you are

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
Thanks for the good info breh. How high do you have to be to escape the effects of gravity though? You didn't quite answer that one. I just want to know

breh everything is held in orbit by gravity
earths gravitational force dissipates the farther away you go but there are infinite numbers of forces on any given object in space at any given time.
you will get to a point where another objects gravitational force is stronger than earth's but earth's pull is still there...

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Daps
Ok flat earthers explain how this is possible?

Man theres so many videos showing that if you use a telescope all that will come back into view. Showing that it isnt the boat going over the curve, just a vantage point issue...

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Thanks for the good info breh. How high do you have to be to escape the effects of gravity though? You didn't quite answer that one. I just want to know

Well, you can never completely escape it, it just becomes smaller and smaller until some larger gravitational force pulls you in. To get to the point where, for example, you are so far from the Earth that the Sun begins pulling you in instead, you'd have to be about 900,000 miles from Earth.

Satellite and shyt don't escape the effect of gravity, they just move fast enough to counterbalance the effect, like a ball spinning on a string goes in a perfect circle, even if the only force on the ball is IN, as long as the ball is spinning fast enough. The speed you need to counteract the Earth's gravity is 7 miles/second, or about 25,200 mph. Really fukking fast, which is why you have to put such a huge asset rocket on a small ship to get it into orbit.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alright I'll start this physics discussion off then. Do you know what centrifugal force is?

I'm done with you, like said you cannot prove any of this shyt, all you can do is parrot definitions

that's not science, and it's a reason why scientist debate these things, and science always changes

Instead of asking me anything you should be showing me, like I said you can't prove anything you say

but you're not honest with yourself to admit it

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
if the earth was flat, it would compress under the force of it's own gravity until it was roughly spherical. A high school student can easily perform the calculations that show this.

The laws of physics have the property of rotational invariance. It's the things that aren't round/spherical that require further explanation.

Most of these nikkas couldn't integrate X on a curve from 0 to 1 breh, why even bother :heh:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Like I said they have an answer for everything

you can't prove or disprove this shyt lmao

:russ::mjlol::mjgrin::skip::pachaha::heh::laff: I could only watch like three minutes of this shyt are you serious you have to be trolling im certain of it at this point.