"The Earth is flat" - Kyrie Irving

Imlinkin

Banned
Daps

Educate me man... the 'retard' and 'dumbazz' retorts are thrown out so fast for this topic. :ohhh:. I can't think of any other topic that inspires such anger.

If you read my previous thread, I admit that I'm on the fence. We need people to be humble enough to be confused long enough to actually understand for themselves.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
If there's anything this thread proves, it's that people will commit themselves to being completely fukking moronic in order t prove how woke they are.

I mean, who's really naive here? Y'all nikkas are dropping everything because some dumbfukk made a YouTube video with ominous music and shyt :russ:

GhostoftheMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Straight Outta Homeworld
Hey guys, what's on the other side of this flat earth?
these nikkas don't even know what's on the other side :russ:

However, to answer your questions, What is on the other side of the Earth depends on which Flatter you talk to. Unfortunately, one of the weaknesses of FET is that there is no consensus on ANY topic except that the Earth is flat. Everything else is up for grabs. I will give you the answers I personally know, and am inclined to believe. In order to answer your questions, I am going to have to do more than that. I am going to have to give you the whole cosmology of my FET. So do be patient with me.

i can't believe that there is a 40 page thread about the Earth being flat :francis:. i hate some of you nikkas

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Asked this question a few pages back and they never responded

they never responded to the

horizon
travelin along the equator
day and night time

and a few more I forgot

Exactly, why they want to ignore these questions?

It's 10:30 am (light) here in Alabama and 1:23 am (dark) in Tokyo. How is that possible with a flat earth?

swerve

All Star
Daps
:francis: I'm copying this but the numbers are way off
:
A flight from New York to London takes on average between 7 to 7.5 hours. Conversely, it takes about 8 to 8.5 hours for a flight to cross from London to New York. The difference here, as any Round Earther will tell you, is tailwinds, another strong factor in the alleged discrepancy in southern flight times. More on that later though, first let me walk you though a thought experiment.

Imagine the Round Earther's concept of the earth; a sphere suspended in space. Imagine you're looking at it miles and miles above the surface so you can see it in its entirety (or as much as the round-earth model allows). Look down from the North Pole. A Round Earther will tell you that it is rotating counter-clockwise. Now, look closer. Take note of planes making the trip from New York to London and back. For a moment, recall your lessons of Newtonian Physics; the first law to be precise. Objects at rest tend to stay at rest and objects in motion tend to stay in motion unless acted upon by an outside force. A brief spark of doubt clouds your thoughts and a question arises. If the planes are no longer in contact with the earth and being slowed by wind resistance, how is it that the ones going from London to New York aren't concluding the flight much quicker than the ones going from New York to London. After all, they are no longer in contact with the earth and it should be spinning independently underneath them as they make their transatlantic flight, thus shortening it considerably.

To rephrase, it would stand to reason that a flight flying from London to New York would be shorter than one flying from New York to London because the earth would spin New York closer to you as you flew. In other words, the spinning of the earth would move New York directly towards you, just as it would spin London away from you if you were crossing from New York to London.

In reality though, the opposite is true. Due to tail/headwinds, flights from New York to London are shorter than the opposite. Tailwinds and headwinds account for much of the variance in flight times in the southern "hemisphere" and can be seen on a smaller scale here.

To conclude, let me reiterate. If the earth did spin as in the round-earth model, then flight times would be shorter when flying from London to New York. As that is not the case (an in fact the opposite is true due to high altitude winds) the world is clearly not round and provably flat
Actually there's a reasonable explanation of that

The plane is also affected by the earth spin, so the plane is moving away from its destination. Remember the plane is still within reach of gravity, otherwise it wouldn't crash

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
If I'm flying from NY to LA vs LA to NY why isn't one of those a shorter flight given the earth spinning in an opposite direction of the plane?

One is shorter breh but its due to the winds not the rotation of the earth. You and the airplane are relative to earth and earth's rotation doesn't influence how fast you can travel from one point to another...

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:russ:
just google fake images of Earth and compare them to Nasa official images
They are both composites clearly the one you say is real may be based of a real image though just becuase you find composite sketches that nasa uses and schools use for education doesn't mean the earth is flat still haven't seen anyone show a picture or video of the earth actually being flat since we have satellites in space that should be an easy task.

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Explain it in the terms of physics
If something spins really fast the mass of the middle of said object spreads outwards.

The Northern Hemisphere is smaller than the southern.

The deviation of the circumferences is so relatively small that you aren't going to be able to see a pear shape with your eye, nonetheless any of the imperfections in the sphere that the Earth forms. They exaggerate the pear shape, flat southern pole, smaller northern hemisphere, etc. To help visualize and prove a point not to say we're living in a giant pear.