"The Earth is flat" - Kyrie Irving

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I'm not even going to say I think the world is flat... but if it's so round...
How come planes fly straight and not in a downward curve when going to a country on the other side of the world though?
Have you ever been on a plane before? They don't fly straight at all. They are changing altitudes pretty often.

You're also grossly exaggerating the curvature of the earth. Planes do not fly at a speed where that would be noticeable at all.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I didn't say down into the ground... and the plane doing the beach ball thing is what I was trying to express when I said downward curve.. I shouldve just said curve but I was picturing flying from the north to the south when I said it.

When you fly a toy plane around a beach ball it Flys in a curve... how can a real airplane fly in such a direction?

If you really think about it on a basic level the earth has to be flat because imagine someone standing up in northern Canada

Ok

Now imagine someone standing up in southern South America

One person is bound to be upside down is the earth was truly round right:ohhh:

No to both of you, because "down" is towards the Earth.

Gravity is a real force, caused by the attraction of matter. It is a very weak force, so you need a very large piece of matter to feel it, like the Earth. "Down" is where ever gravity is pulling.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
not if it's shaped like a pear. Because that's what Neil Degrasse Tyson said it was shaped like.
He said "pear-shaped" not "shaped like a pear" as in the Northern Hemisphere is slightly smaller than the Southern Hemisphere, not noticeable to the naked eye, but definitely noticeable if you measure it out.

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Why are we doomed? I'm not a scientist nor do I aspire to be one. And why neg me for inquiring? I just wanted to be schooled on the matter and I was

Never said I believe the earth is flat but I'm open minded with the situation and wanted to play Devils advocate.
At least do iy right breh. Say the Earth is a flat disc traveling a constant 9.8m/s second upward which explains gravity. Deny the theory of gravity which is that large masses have a gravitational pull. And say that the sun and moon are actually very small and only a few hundred miles away the planet and travel around with a spotlight effect which is why we can only see them certain times a day.:mjgrin:

Commit all the way to flat earth gang or see your way out breh:mjgrin:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everybody thought the world was flat up until a few hundred years ago. :mjlol:why would they do a globe if so was the case?

Because its a flat logo, you want them to have a 3d globe as their logo?

You don't know :mjlol:so tell me

I just posted a flat logo of the sphere earth you fukking moron, the fact you can't understand that concept

The use the exact flat earth map

Yes I don't know what the lines are for, you tell me

its for the coordinates and distances to actual places, and they all match even if you use the globe has a reference

This is the flat image of the round Earth
this should be there logo

2000px-Simple_world_map.svg.png

The fact you said that dumb shyt, proves you're too stupid to even have a serious conversation

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You cant have a serious debate about something that is already settled thats just silly.

It's not settled if actual scientist have evidence for otherwise and debate those points

once again, you can't prove the Earth is round or flat, I've seen scientist debate it

you're speaking from a perspective of ignorance

at least I know I don't now

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
Why are we doomed? I'm not a scientist nor do I aspire to be one. And why neg me for inquiring? I just wanted to be schooled on the matter and I was

Never said I believe the earth is flat but I'm open minded with the situation and wanted to play Devils advocate.

I want people to be smarter. Your question deserved a neg. Play Devil's advocate... just do it more intelligently.
The conversation gets derailed when people have to step back and question if you are trolling or not.
By all means question reality. But strive to not be dumb please...

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's not settled if actual scientist have evidence for otherwise and debate those points

once again, you can't prove the Earth is round or flat, I've seen scientist debate it

you're speaking from a perspective of ignorance

at least I know I don't now
:francis:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Once again, anti-intellectual attitude is what falsehoods are believed to be true

nobody in this thread can prove the Earth is round, if so they would've done so instead of trying to belittle people

I watched scientist debate this in person and both had compelling arguments, but nothing was absolute over the other

Which is why the debate continues in the scientific community

KingJudah2

All Star
Daps
Reppin
718 Kings County
He said "pear-shaped" not "shaped like a pear" as in the Northern Hemisphere is slightly smaller than the Southern Hemisphere, not noticeable to the naked eye, but definitely noticeable if you measure it out.
northern hemisphere is also smaller than the southern on the flat earth model

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Once again, anti-intellectual attitude is what falsehoods are believed to be true

nobody in this thread can prove the Earth is round, if so they would've done so instead of trying to belittle people

I watched scientist debate this in person and both had compelling arguments, but nothing was absolute over the other

No how is something that we have observed with the naked eye and we have countless photos and videos of not settled science. Please post a photo or video from high altitude or space of a flight earth I will wait.

Last edited:

KingJudah2

All Star
Daps
Reppin
718 Kings County

and it all could be solved with a photo from space ( but they can't leave the dome so ..)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No how is something that we have observed with the naked eye and we have countless photos and videos of not settled science. Please post a photo of video from high altitude or space of a flight earth I will wait.

You have no observed anything from the naked eye of such

The photo's are the Earth are all cgi, Nasa claims the Earth i shaped like an egg, but all the pictures are perfectly round and taking from the same view point

all these nasa videos of earth, why don't they ever aim the camera at the moon from space lmao