The Detroit Lions are gonna WAX the Kansas City Chiefs on opening night. Official TNF Game Thread.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
QB's having the.most rings has nothing to do with the NBA. That was celebrated and talked about way back in the early 90s.
Both have actually gotten worse in that time. Its moreso a function of 24/7 :skip: sports media than either particular sport. Sure they talked about rings back then but its nowhere near what its become. Marino was in the GOAT convo with his empty fingers and every playoff game wasnt a referendum on his legacy. Same with the ringless NBA guys.

premier58

All Star
Daps
Both have actually gotten worse in that time. Its moreso a function of 24/7 :skip: sports media than either particular sport. Sure they talked about rings back then but its nowhere near what its become. Marino was in the GOAT convo with his empty fingers and every playoff game wasnt a referendum on his legacy. Same with the ringless NBA guys.
I feel you and I agree somewhat, but there were still boundaries. No one considered Aikman or Plunkett better than Marino(or even close) because of rings. Whats happened is an abundance of elite QBs have entered and excelled in the league in the last 23 years and several of them have rings. shyt has changed..since Marino retired, the following QBs have had HOF careers...Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes, Favre added another decade to his legend, Big Ben and maybe Rivers. The latter two arent in the all time great QB pantheon, but likely HOFers.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel you and I agree somewhat, but there were still boundaries. No one considered Aikman or Plunkett better than Marino(or even close) because of rings. Whats happened is an abundance of elite QBs have entered and excelled in the league in the last 23 years and several of them have rings. shyt has changed..since Marino retired, the following QBs have had HOF careers...Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes, Favre added another decade to his legend, Big Ben and maybe Rivers. The latter two arent in the all time great QB pantheon, but likely HOFers.
Aikman and Plunkett and Bradshaw would be put over him if they played today. That illustrates the difference between now and then.

premier58

All Star
Daps
Aikman and Plunkett and Bradshaw would be put over him if they played today. That illustrates the difference between now and then.
No they wouldnt..no idea why you say that. You ever heard anyone put Eli over Marino? What about Big Ben? I never have seen it.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No they wouldnt..no idea why you say that. You ever heard anyone put Eli over Marino? What about Big Ben? I never have seen it.
Ben is def put up there with him but I cant say over off the top of my head. If he had 3 or 4 he would def be over him. Good point with Eli. But again if he had 3 or 4 that would be a different story too.