The Detroit Lions are gonna WAX the Kansas City Chiefs on opening night. Official TNF Game Thread.

khross415

All Star
Daps
So the league gonna do something about that damn RT? That's all I wanna know

shyt was clear as day looking at it on tv , im actually surprised Lions DE didnt bring attention to that bullshyt because it literally cost him a sack on 1 play because bruh is literally in his stance and anchored by the time Mahomes got the snap

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
You do know that not having Travis Kelce and Chris Jones on the field make the Chiefs a completely different team right? :why:

Yes we know the AFC is loaded. The Chiefs have been in the mix since Mahomes got here. Why do you talk to Chiefs fans like we're unaware? We know the stakes. We know the conference is loaded. We also know that it's still week 1. Losses like this happen every year during this run. Its the NFL.

again, I am not going completely against the Chiefs. All I am saying is that the Lions did not play their ‘A’ type of game last night they was pretty much mediocre themselves which makes the Jones / Travis, not being available, defeats the purpose of using them as an excuse

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
He wants a new one, now. Also KC is at the cap if they sign Chris Jones..they cant afford to pay Evans at his current salary, let alone the new deal he is seeking. If they had bread, they wouldve signed DHop. A free agent as opposed to giving up assets for Mike who is gonna require more money than Hopkins would have.

well, its the NFL so players always re-negotiate a contracts for the team cap

i’m not gonna get up here and pretend like I understand KC salary cap situation but it’s kind of quite interesting. If they can’t use it, make a trade and sign a big-time wide receiver when the majority of their defense is a bunch of young players making minimum plus Mahomes and Kelce, are vastly underpaid for their positions

premier58

All Star
Daps
Ben is def put up there with him but I cant say over off the top of my head. If he had 3 or 4 he would def be over him. Good point with Eli. But again if he had 3 or 4 that would be a different story too.
Maybe,.maybe not..but no one puts Aikman or Bradshaw ahead of Marino and they never will. I dont even personally place Elway ahead of Marino. When someones performance is vastly superior, rings be damned!!!

premier58

All Star
Daps
well, its the NFL so players always re-negotiate a contracts for the team cap

i’m not gonna get up here and pretend like I understand KC salary cap situation but it’s kind of quite interesting. If they can’t use it, make a trade and sign a big-time wide receiver when the majority of their defense is a bunch of young players making minimum plus Mahomes and Kelce, are vastly underpaid for their positions
I learned something a lil.while back, you can only restructure your contract so much..there is a limit to it. They gave DHop a lowball offer because thats all they had and thars before the Chris Jones drama. I dont know their situation, through and through, but I know that they let Tyreek go to save, let Orlando Brown Jr leave for bread, cut Frank Clark to save money and they have yet to sign CJ95. Mahomes is an extremely grounded player, but eventually he may want an increase as he keeps watching all these inferior players get paid way more than him. Kelce has already admitted that he feels some type of way about his salary.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
I learned something a lil.while back, you can only restructure your contract so much..there is a limit to it. They gave DHop a lowball offer because thats all they had and thars before the Chris Jones drama. I dont know their situation, through and through, but I know that they let Tyreek go to save, let Orlando Brown Jr leave for bread, cut Frank Clark to save money and they have yet to sign CJ95. Mahomes is an extremely grounded player, but eventually he may want an increase as he keeps watching all these inferior players get paid way more than him. Kelce has already admitted that he feels some type of way about his salary.

yeah, the Mahomes thing is crazy. I was watching get up this morning on ESPN and they put a graphic up showing like 7 to 8 quarterbacks in the league or making more than him. I’m pretty much sure if they can’t get him any help offensively he ain’t gonna be taken less money on his next contract

premier58

All Star
Daps
yeah, the Mahomes thing is crazy. I was watching get up this morning on ESPN and they put a graphic up showing like 7 to 8 quarterbacks in the league or making more than him. I’m pretty much sure if they can’t get him any help offensively he ain’t gonna be taken less money on his next contract
Im with you. If Im underpaid, and my running mate is too, where is the bread going? Also the Chiefs have won so much that the bad drafting was ignored..in a loaded WR class in 2019, they get Hardman, when wayy better players were drafted after. DK Metcalf, Terry McLaurin went after Hardman. Can you imagine Mahomes with Hill, Metcalf and Kelce?? That wouldve been frightening!!! They couldve drafted Jonathan Taylor in 2020, instead of CEH.