The Democratic Party is about to become a regional party

Will the Dems become a regional party post-2024?

• Total voters

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:skip: that's probably not even gonna hold up for 3 years

He's being a dumbass, I never said that shyt especially not about 2024.

I've said that the population will trend liberal in the long-term, but Republicans can still win in the short term AND two main issues could threaten the Democrats long term. #1 - voter suppression / imbalanced representation and #2 - disillusionment among young, liberal, and black/brown voting blocks due to failure to push transformational policies and alienating anyone who doesn't support the mainstream liberal party line.

I have absolutely never said the Dems were guaranteed a win in 2024. Never.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
This is hoe babble in pure uncut.
Yeah bruh keep saying dems don’t pass policies that help and that’s why they lose elections

I’m sure there’s someone out there that believes that nonsense

My final draw with Dems was when they elected Nancy to speaker of the house after the last election. Dems basically said thanks for getting us back in office and it's business as usually. It's really hard to have any expectations for them. And don't get me started on the Congressional Black Caucus.

Nancy does her job where

there are issues that to be had with democrats but stuff like this is not based in reality

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps

This clip is from four years ago. I will agree that we disagree because our perceptions are different. As for weed, it's only gaining traction because they see the financial potential and it has nothing to do with the people. These are the same people that's been in government 20+ years. As for medication, what they don't say is a lot of medicine was actually funded with federal dollars. While at the same time the government will allow them to charge whatever they want. Capping insulin prices is great but overall it's like putting a small bandaid on a four inch cut.

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
You seem to be more worried about punishing Democrats than your own self interest though :gucci:

I don't see how Republicans getting in and permanently killing any chance of ever doing something about climate change is worth it just to punish Dems

A wise man once told.me, heaven helps those who help themselves

If democrat don't care enough about retaining the house, senate and presidency ( they don't because if they did then they would be showing the urgency and action that this moment requires) then why should their voters :yeshrug:

I hope they have their decorum and norms obsession is served with lemon pepper wings and iced tea:francis:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
A wise man once told.me, heaven helps those who help themselves

If democrat don't care enough about retaining the house, senate and presidency ( they don't because if they did then they would be showing the urgency and action that this moment requires) then why should their voters :yeshrug:

Rational self-interest :gucci:

I don't care about the Democratic party, what I care about is not having Republicans take over every level of government and do a bunch of fukk shyt that'll mess things up for decades.

Politics isn't sports and elections have very long term consequences. Imagine if a couple more Democrats in Florida had bothered to vote in 2000? The Iraq War probably wouldn't have been started and a lot of people wouldn't have been killed. The last 20 years of history would be completely different, and probably in a good way. People thinking way too short term with this shyt.

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
I'm not singing the Dems praises here, but I'd rather the party that at least admits it's an issue than the one that thinks it's a conspiracy made up by China.
Nah you right, they did put the zero emissions by 2050 plan up

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Rational self-interest :gucci:

I don't care about the Democratic party, what I care about is not having Republicans take over every level of government and do a bunch of fukk shyt that'll mess things up for decades.

Politics isn't sports and elections have very long term consequences. Imagine if a couple more Democrats in Florida had bothered to vote in 2000? The Iraq War probably wouldn't have been started and a lot of people wouldn't have been killed. The last 20 years of history would be completely different, and probably in a good way. People thinking way too short term with this shyt.

I agree with your overall sentiment, I'm just pissed off with timid democrats that's all

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
There’s going to be a a Republican majority in all three branches of government and brain dead “centrists” will still blame progressives for their highly popular policies that never got implemented or supported by any national figures in elected office.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Good article, really talked about the journey our discourse has hit here. :ehh:

+rep

I'll let other folks read it and post before cherry picking some of the parts that stood out the most.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There’s going to be a a Republican majority in all three branches of government
the under-discussed aspect of the filibuster argument :skip:

i dont think HL would like what president deathsantis, chief justice roberts, leader mcconnell, and speaker mccarthy do without a filibuster in 2025 :huhldup: