The DCCU takeover is just a year away.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Bruh, Aquaman grossed $335,061,807 in 15 weeks while Captain Marvel made $421,057,681 in only 9 weeks. So it made almost $100 million more while selling a months worth of tickets less than Aquaman.

And the fact that you have to pull the Adjusted for Inflation card to defend an iconic comic character to a relatively unknown character is :russ:

One could even argue, TDK got a push from Heath Ledgers death. :mjpls:

I mean, he carried the movie.

But at the end of the day, Marvel has surpassed DC on many levels. and like Ric Flair famously said......

No need to argue that...

That’s EXACTLY what happened.... but people forget and ignore it now.

Not saying it wasn’t a good movie and not deserving of its BO Gross.... but 2 things can be the same

It was a great movie and people did go see it more due to the death of Heath:hubie:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I been praising Marvel and been "Marvel gang" since before most of you started posting here :mjlol: @jayshiggs

Here's my post from The Winter Soldier thread. :sas2:

This might be my favorite Marvel Studios film to date. I really enjoyed Iron Man and Avengers but this had everything. Cap fukked shyt up in the first five minutes more so than his first movie in its entirety. This had some great lines but they didn't over do it with the comedy. The thing that really set it apart though was the slightly darker tone and the ridiculous action sequences. This was like Metal Gear Solid meets Michael Mann meets Marvel superheroes :ohlawd:

Winter Soldier was also a great villain. They did a great job with him. He was so :demonic:

A quick breakdown of audience reaction to the trailers:

TMNT was :ohhh: mixed with :gladbron: .... the nostalgia was real.

Godzilla was :merchant: mixed with :blessed:

X-Men Days of Future Past received a :ohhh: + :to: + :ohlawd:

Guardians of the Galaxy received in order :wtf: :ehh: :russ: :ehh:

:manny:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I don't hate DC, I just like Marvel more.
We're the same just in opposite directions. :pachaha:

And that’s it.... that’s practically the stans of all the so called “usual suspect” Marvel stan.

But can’t say the same everyone and even most on the flipside :russ:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Oh hey @jayshiggs here is my post from Ant-Man :umad: I BEEN 'Marvel Gang' :mjlol:

Ant-Man is right up there with Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Man and Marvel's The Avengers as the best of the MCU.

The comedy with Rudd and especially Pena was on point, the action with Yellowjacket was great and humorous and the fight scene in the middle of the movie with you know who was one of the better action sequences they've done... it was great how they showed both characters strengths and weaknesses.. I won't spoil who he was fighting but you'll see.

This was so much better than Age of Ultron. No complaints. I'll be copping the Blu. :salute:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Bruh, Aquaman grossed $335,061,807 in 15 weeks while Captain Marvel made $421,057,681 in only 9 weeks. So it made almost $100 million more while selling a months worth of tickets less than Aquaman.

And the fact that you have to pull the Adjusted for Inflation card to defend an iconic comic character to a relatively unknown character is :russ:

One could even argue, TDK got a push from Heath Ledgers death. :mjpls:

I mean, he carried the movie.

But at the end of the day, Marvel has surpassed DC on many levels. and like Ric Flair famously said......

a relatively unknown character with the boost of the biggest movie franchise of the 00s.

its not like cap marvel came in this game with nothing behind it

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
a relatively unknown character with the boost of the biggest movie franchise of the 00s.

Not only that but if you look at the WW numbers Aquaman outdrew it thus far. That ain't 'stanning' I'm pointing out the facts :hubie:

@jayshiggs has a problem with facts, he's mad that I been Marvel Gang longer than he has :beli:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

The only reason I can’t give the “boost” theory full credibility is cuz none of the other movies that came before or after the Avengers movies got that “boost” like that then. So it’s funny that’s coming up now.

I can see if it was a trend.... but this was more of an anomaly

Endgame is only the “biggest movie franchise” now cuz it’s the latest.

Bunch every past Avengers movie was “the biggest” at its respective time

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

parallax

Superstar
Daps
The only reason I can’t give the “boost” theory full credibility is cuz none of the other movies that came before or after the Avengers movies got that “boost” like that then. So it’s funny that’s coming up now.

I can see if it was a trend.... but this was more of an anomaly

Endgame is only the “biggest movie franchise” now cuz it’s the latest.

Bunch every past Avengers movie was “the biggest” at its respective time

a direct reference to the character at the end of the part one to the culmination of the biggest franchises?

it worked well for panthers appearance in civil war as well

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
a direct reference to the character at the end of the part one to the culmination of the biggest franchises?

it worked well for panthers appearance in civil war as well

Maybe.... but I think we need to accept that people wanted to see this movie.

If it was terrible or trash..... it would’ve flopped or at best did average.

Social media can make or break shyt now adays

And social media tried:mjlol:

It’s hard to gross a billion. I know “they” make it look easy. But it’s not

Last edited:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
No need to argue that...

That’s EXACTLY what happened.... but people forget and ignore it now.

Not saying it wasn’t a good movie and not deserving of its BO Gross.... but 2 things can be the same

It was a great movie and people did go see it more due to the death of Heath:hubie:
I highly doubt that. I think ppl just wanted to see how The Joker would be portrayed on screen since it had been a while since the joker was in a major film. The movie was hyped even before Heath died.

Last edited: