THE DARK TOWER - (Official Thread)

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
so is there gonna be anything even remotely interesting about this at any point? the trailers are a fukkin snooze. MM looks woefully miscast. no buzz. we're looking at a flop here.

honestly, Idris Elba is always good in everything (that Star Trek movie aside) but wouldn't this make sense if they swapped roles? Wouldn't country ass MM make a better gunslinger than devil? Did they not want to make the black dude evil?
Good point but yea I dont think they would have gone for Idris being Walter in this but I agree this appears to be a flop before even being released. I was against this from the jump. No way you can tell this story in a movie format even if they did a ton of sequels. This should have been on HBO or Netflix as a series.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I want this to do well b/c Idris been needed that big break as a lead role in a big budget production... but the trailer and everything about this flick just feels... underwhelming :francis:

Gun/action scenes would've looked cool if we were still in the late 90s/early'00s, and the melodramatic gotta save the world cliche with the lil boy magically transported to a new world trope... idk

Lobo

The Main Man
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
First of all,misleading fukking thread title.

But,this doesnt make sense,to me. Roland is white,which normally doesnt matter but a huge part of the story is that susan,one of the major characters is black and doesnt trust him because he is white. Theres a lot more to it than that but casting idris youd have to rewrite significant amounts of the story.
Idris Elba is Bane/Zeus/Darth Vader/Lobo in it.

LoboWestern1.jpg

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I've only seen one trailer of this (don't even know if there are others) but it looks pretty solid to me. Might be a sleeper hit even since the buzz doesn't really seem to be there for this yet.
this is going to be the EPITOME of garbage. I'd bet my fukking left testicle on it.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Everytime i see this commercial with Stringer sliding bustin them revolvers and then reloading like some And 1 mixtape shyt im like
:gladbron:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
so is there gonna be anything even remotely interesting about this at any point? the trailers are a fukkin snooze. MM looks woefully miscast. no buzz. we're looking at a flop here.

honestly, Idris Elba is always good in everything (that Star Trek movie aside) but wouldn't this make sense if they swapped roles? Wouldn't country ass MM make a better gunslinger than devil? Did they not want to make the black dude evil?
The character is the Randall Flagg from The Stand. So I'm pretty sure that's why they didn't want Idris to play as the Man In Black.