Avengers compound
Untitled_zpsxd3a3vkk.png
I must know who did the deed so I could rep

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
So what is inside?!!?:dahell:
what you really should be asking is wtf is the dark tower. Spoilers below
the tower looks like a stone tower but its actually made of flesh meaning its a person and that person is the main god in stephen king's literary universe called Gan. So after the main character Roland enters inside he sees his life story played out through scenes in different doorways and sees that he has reached the dark tower several times before. His life has been a loop (think matrix 2 architect moment) and when he reaches the top, Gan pushes Roland through the last door so that he can start at the point where he made his biggest screw up in life (losing a magical item called the horn of eld) but this time he has the horn so he is given a chance to fufill his mission the right way and this is where the movie begins. The movie is actually a sequel to the final novel.
the movie could be the final journey or he could lose the horn again and they could reboot the series all over again. Maybe even change his race or gender. This series is like a video game

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Man I just found the audiobook on youtube. It's cool but reading it to yourself creates a much creepier vibe. King is a genius but most pyschopaths are. I just know I'm never going to Maine from these stories alone.
Edit: I just realized the circle of stones in Ackerman Field are the same ones in Mid-World in The Dark Tower where Roland summoned a demon in the jungle. A thinny/portal in the middle of it too.

the more you read the more you see

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I don't care about this usually but for those of you on the fence. The production budget was 60 million which is low enough to risk a rated R release.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Jake dies at the end of the series but gets revived along with Susanah and other characters but they start losing memory of what happened cause they were sorta reincarnated. So this Jake is a new Jake, which brings up the possibility of the movie cast, meeting their book versions through portals (there are other worlds than these) NOW THAT would be dope.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First of all,misleading fukking thread title.

But,this doesnt make sense,to me. Roland is white,which normally doesnt matter but a huge part of the story is that susan,one of the major characters is black and doesnt trust him because he is white. Theres a lot more to it than that but casting idris youd have to rewrite significant amounts of the story.

:patrice: I know its just a trailer but I'm not sure about this. Is this suppose to be a trilogy? I'm assuming Eddie, Susannah, and Oy will be in the next movie but still its too much in the books to try and stuff in this movie. I just dont know. The beams looked cool as shyt and for those asking King said himself that this story was heavily influenced by LOTR and King Arthur but the way he connects this story to a majority of his books is amazing
Edit:
I was hoping they would connect this to It and it looks like it might.

Roland was even referenced in The Mist
latest

No way Jake dies in this like the book

Stephen King said the movie is a sequel. Moreover King has written Dark Tower iterations saying there are different gunslinger universes and timelines. Gunslingers are just knights and a knight can be any race. There will be no Eddie, Sussnah or any of the people from the old Dark Tower.

Last edited:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alt right media is going to hate this movie. Say it's 'anti-white' propaganda

Conz

Superstar
Daps
so is there gonna be anything even remotely interesting about this at any point? the trailers are a fukkin snooze. MM looks woefully miscast. no buzz. we're looking at a flop here.

honestly, Idris Elba is always good in everything (that Star Trek movie aside) but wouldn't this make sense if they swapped roles? Wouldn't country ass MM make a better gunslinger than devil? Did they not want to make the black dude evil?

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
so is there gonna be anything even remotely interesting about this at any point? the trailers are a fukkin snooze. MM looks woefully miscast. no buzz. we're looking at a flop here.

honestly, Idris Elba is always good in everything (that Star Trek movie aside) but wouldn't this make sense if they swapped roles? Wouldn't country ass MM make a better gunslinger than devil? Did they not want to make the black dude evil?

:mjpls:

Last edited: