The Console Wars were decided for me back in the 90s

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Sega died when i could burn a dreamcast game with nero 123. Even the playstation required a chip or gamesharke shenanigans with a spring so the game couldnt tell you opened the system.

The second that could happen it was over. I remember my aunt and uncle couldnt afford xmas presents. My mom had me buy like 30 games for 100$. My cousins was mad happy that xmas.60$ retail to rent and cdr for 5 total bucks.
Made them snes and genesis disks n everything.

I thank sega for making me a killing in high school.
low key your fault we don't have sega anymore

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
what exactly did they fail on? Cause you havent stated anything specifically

It did relativelly well in 1999-2000 in Japan and even sold out

The problem was the UI was expensive to make at the time and killed their sales. Sony had the PS2 at the time and sega still sold more, but it wasnt enough to balance out production costs
The topic has been spoken about more often enough and if you truly lived during the time, then it's common knowledge. If not. Ah well. I don't feel like spelling it out for you. But I'm not going to debate with you on it either. I'll let you believe what you want to believe, but it's known all too well and more than obvious to those in the know.

There's more than a enough reasons why they aren't around in that format anymore and it's was coming to a close at that point. IFKYK.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
low key your fault we don't have sega anymore
loll i dunno why folks are shyttin on Sega so heavy cause burning games was SUPER easy for Sony back then as well

Sega died simply because of expensive UI and competition from giants.

Hell, even Nintendo was on the brink of DEATH and nearlly flatlined when they dropped the WiU

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
The topic has been spoken about more often enough and if you truly lived during the time, then it's common knowledge. If not. Ah well. I don't feel like spelling it out for you. But I'm not going to debate with you on it either. I'll let you believe what you want to believe, but it's known all too well and more than obvious to those in the know.

There's more than a enough reasons why they aren't around in that format anymore and it's was coming to a close at that point. IFKYK.
following up with no facts and a"believe what you want" statement

weird flex, but ok :ehh:

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
375px-Sega-Genesis-Mk2-6button.jpg

Sega Genesis was my favorite system of all time.
Meh, real Sega fans wasn't caught with that monstrosity of a redesign.

This is the true Genesis :sas1:

The Iconic Sega Genesis Console is Back - Tech News Log

:russ::unimpressed:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
loll i dunno why folks are shyttin on Sega so heavy cause burning games was SUPER easy for Sony back then as well

Sega died simply because of expensive UI and competition from giants.

Hell, even Nintendo was on the brink of DEATH and nearlly flatlined when they dropped the WiU

It was a lot of factors but the main problem was Japanese Ego

- Multiple failed consoles diluting the brand
- Sega of Japan ignoring Sega of America
- Passing on the Sony co-dev
- Terrible 3D chip architecture of the Saturn
- The lawsuit over the Dreamcast chipset
- Japanese ignorance of piracy & GD-Rom
- No DVD in the Dreamcast
- Black Belt vs White Belt
- The biggest titles not on Dreamcast; Madden, mainline Resident Evil, etc

Sega’s failure was due to their poor choices before the Dreamcast ever launched. That console was their dying breath :mjcry: