The Coli's Screenwriting/Filmmaking Thread [Share tips, etc]

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Yo bruh UTA :salute:Do your thing player
:lawd: even if it's a 5 minute call and she tells me I'm a talentless piece of shyt, i can spin the story and just tell people, "yeah, well one time i almost got signed by UTA." ... i won't do that though. I'll report back. If i hear the words "page 1 rewrite" I'm gonna be pretty pissed off, not gonna lie.

the script she read has been finished for almost 3 years and i already know there are some things that are "dated" b/c the aggressive political climate we currently live in. The main female character is described as "cute" which they probably don't like (I've been told this before, as ridiculous as it sounds) one of the characters is a little too "damsel in distressy" so i fully expect her to address that, and then the 3rd main female is mentioned to be an ex-stripper in passing, so that won't fly well. I shouldn't speculate but i feel like this chick is gonna beat me over the head with feminism crap.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I am editing a first-person short documentary primarily for educational institutions. I'm loving how it is coming out but I am just at the cutting and arranging stage. Next, I have to balance and color grade because they were all over the place recording clips under various T-stops.

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
:lawd: even if it's a 5 minute call and she tells me I'm a talentless piece of shyt, i can spin the story and just tell people, "yeah, well one time i almost got signed by UTA." ... i won't do that though. I'll report back. If i hear the words "page 1 rewrite" I'm gonna be pretty pissed off, not gonna lie.

the script she read has been finished for almost 3 years and i already know there are some things that are "dated" b/c the aggressive political climate we currently live in. The main female character is described as "cute" which they probably don't like (I've been told this before, as ridiculous as it sounds) one of the characters is a little too "damsel in distressy" so i fully expect her to address that, and then the 3rd main female is mentioned to be an ex-stripper in passing, so that won't fly well. I shouldn't speculate but i feel like this chick is gonna beat me over the head with feminism crap.
I feel you but positive thoughts my brother

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
@Conz - what he said.
Exactly there are a lot, and I mean a LOT of creatives that wish they could get meetings...with UTA, CAA, ICM, Gersh, hell the agent down the block...lol
Point is even if it doesn't pan out, look at it like the beginning of your story..and that you peaked enough interest (talented) to get into the building

satireprod

Superstar
Daps

Alonge Hawes, the auteur behind red-hot web series Blue Collar Hustle, has won a prestigious Award Of Recognition from the IndieFEST Film Awards. Furthering A winning streak for the series as it continues to dominate the independent festival circuit.

The IndieFEST Film Awards recognizes film, television, videography and new media professionals who demonstrate exceptional achievement in craft and creativity, and those who produce standout entertainment or contribute to profound social change. Entries are judged by highly qualified professionals in the film and television industry.

In winning an IndieFEST Film Award, Blue Collar Hustle joins the ranks of other high-profile winners of this internationally respected award including Liam Neeson as the narrator of Love Thy Nature, A PathAppears Documentary featuring George Clooney and Blake Lively, Radical Grace executive produced by Susan Sarandon, David and Goliath by Leon Lee, and Touched with Fire starring Katie Holmes. Rick Prickett, who chairs The IndieFEST Film Awards, had this to say about the latest winners, “The IndieFEST is not an easy award to win. Entries are received from around the world from powerhouse companies to remarkable new talent. The IndieFEST helps set the standard for craft and creativity. The judges were pleased with the exceptionally high quality of entries. The goal of The IndieFEST Film Awards is to help winners achieve the recognition they deserve.”

Blue Collar Hustle has garnered several awards and accolades since its first season premiered on Youtube in February of 2017. Not only did early critical acclaim lead to the series being picked up and distributed by popular streaming services such as Seeka.TV and KweliTV, Hawes and the cast & crew have been honored several prestigious awards, including Best Web Series by the Global Film Festival Awards, The South Film And Arts Academy Festival, and the Calcutta International Film Festival. The series also picked up the prize for Best Web/New Media from the Cult Critic Movie Awards. In addition, Hawes himself was named Best Actor by the Virgin Spring Cinefest, and Quentin Williams, who co-stars as Quan Banneker, was honored with the Platinum Award for Best Actor by the LA Shorts Awards.

Blue Collar Hustle is expected to return for a second season via Seeka.TV at some point in 2018.

BLUE COLLAR HUSTLE WINS AT INDIEFEST FILM AWARDS

Congrats again brother :salute: I know it's been a long process from conceiving your idea to now sweeping Indie festivals...that's big

I know the glow up has been kind of "sudden" (long hard work) what's the biggest thing that has changed for you?

TheHonorableOmarSharif

HOLGang President U.N.I.T. Representative
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte by way of Chucktown What
Finally got a log line for a project I thought of after Parkland.

Following the death of a fellow officer, a Vietnam Vet turned Police Chief implements a polarizing plan aimed at gun control that shakes up a town and wakes up a Nation. (takes place in the 1970s)

Finishing up my outline... But thus far, :whoo:

:ehh:
#HOLGang

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I get breh was excited and all but you aint supposed to put out stuff like that until you atleast got a first draft done and it's registered with the WGA

Someone who writes faster and has better connections could swoop his idea in a second and he wouldnt be able to do shyt about it