The Coli's Screenwriting/Filmmaking Thread [Share tips, etc]

Conz

Superstar
Daps
got contacted by a talent agent for a read the other day. haven't heard back. not gonna hound the guy yet, but it's something.

script is a finalist for 'script of the month' on talentville.com if anyone uses that site. that doesn't mean much though. some stupid british c*nt tanked my overall score by trolling my ratings or else it would be a top 5 overall on the entire site. i currently have the top script overall, but it's an old Sunny spec.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
got contacted by a talent agent for a read the other day. haven't heard back. not gonna hound the guy yet, but it's something.

script is a finalist for 'script of the month' on talentville.com if anyone uses that site. that doesn't mean much though. some stupid british c*nt tanked my overall score by trolling my ratings or else it would be a top 5 overall on the entire site. i currently have the top script overall, but it's an old Sunny spec.

:salute:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
:whoa: hold that salute til this next re-write, when I'ma feel really confident that I have something. Gonna wait for a few more reviews (script of month finalist comes with "pro" coverage) then do a once over, put it on blacklist and enter some contests in 16. i see far too many amateur scripts place in small contests that I think are garbage to not try and make a few bucks. Also, still in the ScriptShadow 250, but i know that draft isn't what it needs to be to win that.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Almost done with my pilot. Need about 5-8 pages left. It's a comedy I want on a premium cable channel.

Been unemployed going on about a month. I need this shyt to get me outta my hellhole. Gotta make my momma proud and get her out, too. :mjcry:

I know this show has potential if given the opportunity. I got a wide selection of diverse characters. Comedy is everywhere; from dark, witty, dry, crude. observational, etc.

I gotta make it. I'm 28 and haven't really did shyt with my life. This has got to be it. :mjcry:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Would my script be read within the industry if I used Celtx to do it?

I think the real answer is; if it's getting handed to "the industry" by the right people/person, it'll get read.

I've heard of some people who still hand write screenplays, but because they have/had clout their shyt gets read.

As long as it's formatted correctly (I've never seen/used Celtx so I don't know how it differs) there shouldn't be a reason it'll get tossed just for that.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I think it was @Conz that said if it didn't feel right it would be thrown in the trash. I know multiple screenwriters that have made features who use Celtx but I don't live in America so :yeshrug:
this is the (probably horseshyt) everyone tells you. if your script doesn't look perfect, they write it off. just get Final Draft, the industry standard. bootleg it, fukk it

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
this is the (probably horseshyt) everyone tells you. if your script doesn't look perfect, they write it off. just get Final Draft, the industry standard. bootleg it, fukk it

Got any lanks? I can't afford that shyt in my current predicament.

The only problem I see with Celtx is it doesn't add certain little things like (more) or (continued) when a scene or dialog gets cut off. Plus if I have to do a shooting draft it won't add scenes.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Got any lanks? I can't afford that shyt in my current predicament.

The only problem I see with Celtx is it doesn't add certain little things like (more) or (continued) when a scene or dialog gets cut off. Plus if I have to do a shooting draft it won't add scenes.
Just use Celtx. It formats correctly and in proper form for screenwriting. There's even people who make a special screenwriting format out of Microsoft Word and it gets the job done. Its gonna be all about the words you type on the screen anyways.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Just use Celtx. It formats correctly and in proper form for screenwriting. There's even people who make a special screenwriting format out of Microsoft Word and it gets the job done. Its gonna be all about the words you type on the screen anyways.

I am using it, but I noticed those differences I listed in the "print preview" section, so I assume it doesn't add those.