The Coli's Screenwriting/Filmmaking Thread [Share tips, etc]

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I'm going to meeting this week with the biggest production company in my country after I pitched them a TV show yesterday in an e-mail. 15 hours later the head of company sends an e-mail back asking for a meeting.

My head is spinning

tumblr_nuhtv6fVwW1rc4r5zo1_500.gif

Holy shyt

Now a TV channel is also asking me for a meeting
:damn:

So this meeting went really well. I expect to sign a contract sometime in the next two weeks if negotiations go smooth.

Daps
Just got done with my last music video, it turned out like hell, looks good, but it didn't pan out as plan. Waiting around for news on a couple other videos. I need to break into that commercial market.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I made the top 250 of Scriptshadow's Contest... not really sure how many people entered, but that dude has a ton of readers, so I like to believe it was over 1000. That may be the end of that, but if i make the top 25 i find out in December. Top 5 get into a writer's group i think and winner gets $5grand, an option and a percentage of the potential box office.

that dude is a sucker for conflict and irony so i just hit him with a script heavy in it. hope he reads it on a good day. who knows...

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I made the top 250 of Scriptshadow's Contest... not really sure how many people entered, but that dude has a ton of readers, so I like to believe it was over 1000. That may be the end of that, but if i make the top 25 i find out in December. Top 5 get into a writer's group i think and winner gets $5grand, an option and a percentage of the potential box office.

that dude is a sucker for conflict and irony so i just hit him with a script heavy in it. hope he reads it on a good day. who knows...

Reminds me of how I was top 300 out of the 3000+ entries in the Bluecat Screenplay competition years back.:ohlawd:

Also reminds me how that never lead to anything.:mjcry:

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Do y'all copyright your stuff or nah? I mainly just put my name and contact info on it

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Do y'all copyright your stuff or nah? I mainly just put my name and contact info on it

If you're gonna start sending it out, even to low level people, register it with the WGA (if it's a TV show, just the pilot, if it's a movie, the screenplay)

Simple process and you get a certificate via email with a number that you can put on the bottom of the script.

StraxStrax

Daps
@C.M.

So you a sound editior, done any features, tv shows or something we can watch?

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
@C.M.

So you a sound editior, done any features, tv shows or something we can watch?
I've been doing it for little over a year, so I'm doing a lot of assistant sound editor stuff. I was one of the sound editors on "The Rainbow Kid" which premiered at TIFF 2015 last month so that's probably my biggest thing so far. Did all the sound editing for a YTV show, but the target audience for that is more 10-14 lol so it won't really be you guys's thing. Was fun though, and Samantha Bee was in it.

I'm trying to do some sound editing for The Art of More which is debuting this Fall on Crackle so I'll let you guys know if I get some work in on that for sure!

StraxStrax

Daps
I've been doing it for little over a year, so I'm doing a lot of assistant sound editor stuff. I was one of the sound editors on "The Rainbow Kid" which premiered at TIFF 2015 last month so that's probably my biggest thing so far. Did all the sound editing for a YTV show, but the target audience for that is more 10-14 lol so it won't really be you guys's thing. Was fun though, and Samantha Bee was in it.

I'm trying to do some sound editing for The Art of More which is debuting this Fall on Crackle so I'll let you guys know if I get some work in on that for sure!

8159586.gif