The Coli's Screenwriting/Filmmaking Thread [Share tips, etc]

Conz

Superstar
Daps
2016 goal:

-1 Pilot
-3 Screenplays (all beyond first draft quality)
-1 Collaboration on Pilot or Movie
-Treatments for all old ideas (at least a page or 2/cheap outline)

Here is what my "Don't Break the Chain" chart from 2015 ended up looking like. I honestly forgot about it for a good month during a re-write late and didn't keep track of the days, so there should be a bit more red and blue sprinkled in, but I still accomplished very little. Basically just worked on one script over and over and read. Not good. Haven't started a 2016 version yet. I'll start it tonight hopefully.

t7ddhi.jpg

See you guys in 2017 when I report back with "3 blog entries!"

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Extra in a new Baltasar Kormákur (Everest, 2 Guns) movie

:manny:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
What are the odds a show will get picked up if it's similar to another already on? Only difference is it's edgier, a different environment and fleshed out characters.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Thats too vague to answer

I decided against doing it. I'm just gonna use the characters in a new concept,

But like what I meant was something like this:

A show like the office, but edgier. Let's say they still sell paper or some other product like microwaves (just an example). And no talking to the cams.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
anybody uses Scrivener? Trying to use it to write my 2nd book but it's :patrice:....

I'm planning to make YouTube videos for my blog www.rioinaweek.com later this year too....I want it to have a No Reservations meets Travel Bum feel to it ...I don't have a DSLR or anything so I'm gonna buy this FilmicPro app for my iPhone and get it poppin :yeshrug:.. I think it will be good enough for 5 min video shorts...I'm not ready to do my documentary or film a movie or anything lol....

for now, I want to plan out a trailer for my YouTube channel....I loved this trailer Tim Ferris did for the 4 Hour Body

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I just got a job. Gonna be making a "Making of" for a feature.

I was hired yesterday to make a "Making of" for a feature film. Today I showed up to the set and talked to the producers and they said I needed to bring my own camera and a shotgun mic on the top of it. Maybe tell me this before I show up but whatever, I can get a camera. When I was hired (didn't sign any papers tho) I was told that I would get some money. Its a small indie movie and so I didn't expect much. After having that camera talk with the producers we talk about the money. Now they say "If we like what you shoot, we will maybe buy it from you."

fukk that.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I was hired yesterday to make a "Making of" for a feature film. Today I showed up to the set and talked to the producers and they said I needed to bring my own camera and a shotgun mic on the top of it. Maybe tell me this before I show up but whatever, I can get a camera. When I was hired (didn't sign any papers tho) I was told that I would get some money. Its a small indie movie and so I didn't expect much. After having that camera talk with the producers we talk about the money. Now they say "If we like what you shoot, we will maybe buy it from you."

fukk that.

lol, tough break.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps

fukk that.

:stopitslime:

chosenaledge13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Adamsville/ATL

fukk that.

Nah breh, you gotta do a deposit up front just to at least cover your costs (equipment rental) and so they cant waste your time cause any production you work with will try to...

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
I'm about to go back to school to finish & get my diploma or ged..I really wanna try to do something with my life & find something to get into & I think i really wanna get into screenwriting/filmmaking/literature..I've always loved reading & film..I've always loved reading Donald Goines novels because those stories related to my background & i've been really inspired lately by what Ryan Coogler did with the Rocky series with Creed & the fact that he's a 28 black male doing his thing in Hollywood is dope..If any of you brehs have any advice to give that'll be great