The Coli's Screenwriting/Filmmaking Thread [Share tips, etc]

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
@PlayerNinety_Nine CBC is accepting pitches for original programming now
Independent Producers

I don't know if any of us will win though, they typically produce some terribly cac-tastic dramas about farmers, cops and soldiers. Still, worth a shot

:ohhh:

Good looking out - my missus works for CBC so we might have an in for untold riches and adulation :blessed:

The project I'm working on is set in the city and takes in about 20 years of its history. It might be too raw for CBC though :lupe:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh:

Good looking out - my missus works for CBC so we might have an in for untold riches and adulation :blessed:

The project I'm working on is set in the city and takes in about 20 years of its history. It might be too raw for CBC though :lupe:

Sounds good, make sure to incorporate plenty of whites though :mjpls:

You think they'd accept my pitch if I wrote something about the triads in the city? :lupe:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Sounds good, make sure to incorporate plenty of whites though :mjpls:

You think they'd accept my pitch if I wrote something about the triads in the city? :lupe:

That Beeba Boys joint about Sikh gangsters in Canada is about to drop (looks kinda dope too). You might be able to sell them on that wave.

I don't know if they'll be interested in mine, just thinking about it. It's a biopic and one of the characters in it actually interacted with CBC at one point and got the :mjpls: treatment.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
I'm not sure if i've asked this before, but how to prevent people from stealing your work. Like you give it to an agent and he passes it along...or you mail or leave a script in the hands of a broker (producer/director/writer), etc... do you videotape every page of the script, and announce the date, your name, etc so you can have ample evidence that this is your work? Or is there a copyright system? :jbhmm:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
I'm not sure if i've asked this before, but how to prevent people from stealing your work. Like you give it to an agent and he passes it along...or you mail or leave a script in the hands of a broker (producer/director/writer), etc... do you videotape every page of the script, and announce the date, your name, etc so you can have ample evidence that this is your work? Or is there a copyright system? :jbhmm:

Register your screenplay with writer's guild of america, I've posted the links to the WGA East site. If you're on the west coast, I guess you'd register with WGA West
Secure Script Registration

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I'm going to meeting this week with the biggest production company in my country after I pitched them a TV show yesterday in an e-mail. 15 hours later the head of company sends an e-mail back asking for a meeting.

My head is spinning

tumblr_nuhtv6fVwW1rc4r5zo1_500.gif

Last edited:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I'm going to meeting this week with the biggest production company in my country after I pitched them a TV show yesterday in an e-mail. 15 hours later the head of company sends an e-mail back asking for a meeting.

My head is spinning

tumblr_nuhtv6fVwW1rc4r5zo1_500.gif

Holy shyt

Now a TV channel is also asking me for a meeting
:damn:

Daps
When is it out bruh

Haha waiting on my cinematographer to color correct and export. He was suppose to have it done already but that nikka was trying to get some ass so he forgot. Lucky he my best friend as well or else I woulda blacked :russ:. Should be out this week tho, shoot didn't go as planned, lost a whole day and some money cause the fukk head actor never showed up, had to try to shoot everything in 1 day, missed some key shots.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Haha waiting on my cinematographer to color correct and export. He was suppose to have it done already but that nikka was trying to get some ass so he forgot. Lucky he my best friend as well or else I woulda blacked :russ:. Should be out this week tho, shoot didn't go as planned, lost a whole day and some money cause the fukk head actor never showed up, had to try to shoot everything in 1 day, missed some key shots.

:why:then when nikkas get on and hire "proffessionals" nikkas wanna be mad...