The Coli's Screenwriting/Filmmaking Thread [Share tips, etc]

cylde21

Not on Coli website
Daps
Reppin
Massachusetts
Help out , not going to write it in detail , because I don't have ownership and havent Paton the story yet

want to write a adult animation story about featuring a female lead whose race will be black , who lives in Detroit age around 17 years to 22 years old,her parent would be scientists or one would work FBI, going to do part 1 and part 2 so 3 years changed , 10 episodes a seasons . animation costs too much and cant draw at all , the only thing I can do is write script and the story would be based like boondocks , Goosebumps sort of content to would cover politics , have themes and low key send a message . a name like "the burbs " as it would feature a teenager casts who live in fake location in Michigan demographic 55% black , 35% white 6% native American than rest . houses would be like big houses in Detroit design , it would be close to lake , and a few episodes might be based in Canada . how to build it , wrote characters personality and so on , the themes to cover and what the goal is .

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was stubborn on that formatting bullshyt,but I'm halfway through and got about 100 pages already:mjlol:....So I guess I'm going to have to give in:beli:

What kindve problem will I run into if I write the way I want the characters to talk? Its not always "proper English" so maybe somebody whos not me wont know what the hell I'm saying:lupe:...But it fukks my flow up,lacks personality,and dialogue would be less funny and not true to what I'm doing it if I wrote it "properly".

So far I got 4 episodes of a tv show that's a comedy,i quit that to work on this movie I stopped working on for a little while:russ:...but I know now for sure how the movie plays out and just need to finish it....I will probably give an alternate ending because my ending may piss people off by giving the hateable character a happy ending,on the other hand at the same time it may not be happy enough:mindblown:

Also have an idea for a action movie and wrote part of it,realized I cant write action scenes so the story is pointless,and couldn't quite think of a dramatic ending as much as I liked my plot.

Got a movie I want to be animated for the kids I want to do Frozen numbers:banderas:,main idea is original and i got notes on that but not a good enough ending yet.

Also want to write a Wire type show,but I think tv might be too hard,thats a lot of episodes to write,and if you fukk up on one episode and catch it later it might fukk up all the other episodes you wrote:mjcry:

Im really focused on this comedy movie right now,its too hard for me to focus on getting endings for thiese other ideas until I finish this one....All I do is take notes to further these other ideas and hope they will lead me to an ending once I switch focus on them....my fear is that the perfect endings may never come,as often as I see movies with shytty endings maybe I should just pick something just to finish it,rather than scrapping the whole thing because the ending isn't epic enough?

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
This thread is a little dormant.

Has anyone tried/written anything intended for animation before? (Not for kids, for adults, Archer and up stuff)

I'm thinking on an idea, but not sure if any part of the writing process is different.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
it's impossible to get anything made... it's even more impossible to get animation made.

I'm gonna ask some people to read my recent script soon b/c i know it needs fresh eyes/ideas/criticisms. Maybe I'll ask a few of you guys

Conz

Superstar
Daps
While I'm here and since it's fresh in my head...

had this really ridiculous half baked idea for a... i guess, black comedy before. it's fukked up and i doubt it would ever fly but... i mean, this is really just random thoughts haphazardly tossed together as i type this so

aight, young couple, think they have the world figured out. Think they have all the answers, nonconformists, just flat out morons when you boil it down. we open on them with big ideas and talk of how they're gonna be self relient and do this and that and no one is gonna stand in their way... next thing you know there's an unplanned baby.

fast forward, their plans are all fukked. they're struggling, looking for handouts, not finding any, etc etc. parents really start to resent this kid, blame him for all of their problems. they go off grid, turn into total whack jobs and they continue to just curse the day this kid was born, so they settle on a plan. they're gonna sabotage their son's life from day 1. they're gonna raise him entirely wrong. teach him nothing factual. show him how to do basic functions the wrong way. etc. that's it. that's the parents goal. raise the most ass backwards human being of all time.

fast forward to the kids 16th birthday. parents are total scumbag addicts at this point, recluses, blah blah, you get the point. they get busted. the kid is brought into the world for the first time in his life essentially, and the story starts there.

shyt, right? too ridiculous? just watching this kid who thinks up is down and black is white try to function in life?

Wiirdo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep, it's pretty impossible to get an animation show made but if you have a modicum of art talent and a TON of time on your hands you could fashion a little episode yourself. I have no idea about screenwriting or filmmaking but I've been writing down little jokes/scenarios lately and maybe I can fashion them into something later.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
if you have a good idea, just write it. at the very least do a treatment. good to just get anything down, but animation is dependent on a lot more factors as wiirdo said

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
This thread is a little dormant.

Has anyone tried/written anything intended for animation before? (Not for kids, for adults, Archer and up stuff)

I'm thinking on an idea, but not sure if any part of the writing process is different.
You have to write in alot of details into the script when writing animation because you're writing the story plus the detailed descriptions of characters, places, scenes etc- you have to write in what you want the animators to draw. So usually a 30 minute show with commercials(network tv) is around 20-23 pages. If its animation it might stretch into 35-40 pages. But on the flip side your imagination can run wild with animation. Say if you want explosions, destroying entire towns, ten different exotic locations, bear/tigers/lions, etc. -with film you have to worry about budget, special effects, travel, stuntmen, etc, but with animation you just draw the sh*t.

-but its really hard to get animation projects done or even started for that matter. there's not that many animators out there, its a long process, and the sh*ts expensive

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
While I'm here and since it's fresh in my head...

had this really ridiculous half baked idea for a... i guess, black comedy before. it's fukked up and i doubt it would ever fly but... i mean, this is really just random thoughts haphazardly tossed together as i type this so

aight, young couple, think they have the world figured out. Think they have all the answers, nonconformists, just flat out morons when you boil it down. we open on them with big ideas and talk of how they're gonna be self relient and do this and that and no one is gonna stand in their way... next thing you know there's an unplanned baby.

fast forward, their plans are all fukked. they're struggling, looking for handouts, not finding any, etc etc. parents really start to resent this kid, blame him for all of their problems. they go off grid, turn into total whack jobs and they continue to just curse the day this kid was born, so they settle on a plan. they're gonna sabotage their son's life from day 1. they're gonna raise him entirely wrong. teach him nothing factual. show him how to do basic functions the wrong way. etc. that's it. that's the parents goal. raise the most ass backwards human being of all time.

fast forward to the kids 16th birthday. parents are total scumbag addicts at this point, recluses, blah blah, you get the point. they get busted. the kid is brought into the world for the first time in his life essentially, and the story starts there.

shyt, right? too ridiculous? just watching this kid who thinks up is down and black is white try to function in life?

Sounds a little too Adam Sandler-ish to me.

I mean, it could be good, but it screamed Happy Madison lol

As for the animated idea, it would most definitely work as live-action, but I thought animation could make it better/bigger.

Maybe if I write it "straight" enough, it could work either way.

:yeshrug:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Cool shyt.

You post a lot of Nordic stuff. What part of that European region you from/are your people from?

post-23155-Waterfall-skogafoss-Iceland-gi-M67R.gif

Iceland_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif