The Coli's Screenwriting/Filmmaking Thread [Share tips, etc]

Daps
This thread is :mjcry::blessed::salute:

My screenwriting/filmmaking brehs.

I'd share my 2014 Directing reel but then you guys would know my true identity:youngsabo:

In the midst of completing my first feature length now. 16 pages in, I've set a goal for myself, 30 pages by Monday at least. I'll keep updating, wanna have this finished by my mid-April.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Get a GH4 breh, it may cost you around $3k to fully kit it out. But it's worth it, 4k quality, its pretty much a Dslr too.
Thanks I'll check this camera out as well. Not really trippin' off 4K though.. 1080p will do just fine for now:yeshrug:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I really should start writing soon. This week things finally clicked together for a movie I've been plotting in the back of my head for close to four years now. But this week I also came up with one of the best conceptual ideas I've had all year, but I'm not sure whether to go tv show or movie with it. The concept feels more like something better suited as a tv show, but it needs a lot of work to give the concept any real longevity.

And on top of that I've somehow really got into brainstorming comedy sketches that parody/satirize modern day commercials and reality tv. Like a web show that plays out like zapping from channel to channel (I know this has been done before) with it just being sketches that could be ten seconds long or go for five minutes.

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Anyone here located in the Greater Philadelphia area?

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows

TdashDUB

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Austin
this is gonna sound stupid, but don't set goals. just write. no need to stress yourself out for no reason. also, without a constriction, you may end up writing more. ... again though, im a fukkin nutjob headcase so maybe don't listen to me.

THIS. So much this.

Goes back to setting too high of a standard for first drafts. No expectations, just write. Makes life much easier.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
That looks like good camerawork to me, but I honestly don't know. I don't have a technical bone in my body and don't have any desire to learn the ins and outs of anything other than writing. Good job either way.

I finished one of my famous "hand edits" last night. Jesus Christ. 1st draft clocked in at a brisk 102 pages, which is perfect... i went through every page with a pencil and highlighter... there is more pencil and highlighter on these 102 pages than printer ink... considerably more. The whole transition from 2nd to 3rd act is hot dogshyt, and in order to even make the new outline of that segment work, I have to go back and lay a ton of seeds. Gonna be a bytch to retain that page count, I don't want to exceed 105 pages.

So once that's done, I'll finally allow a few close confidants to read it and tell me "I don't know why you were so worried about the 3rd act, the first 2 sucked my balls just as much..." in kinder terms of course.