The Coli's Screenwriting/Filmmaking Thread [Share tips, etc]

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I got inspired this morning, sat down for a couple hours and fired off a rough outline for a Stanley Cup heist flick. I'm sure it's been written before (I've seen 2 specs actually, but never read em) but it's obviously never been a movie. Want to make the Keeper of the Cup into some kind of action hero/Indiana Jones type who has to find the cup while chasing clues all over the globe.

Funny thing is, I was in Vegas last week hanging out with people from the Hockey Hall of Fame, even a few of the guys whose job it is to hold the cup (met the main guy you see everywhere, but didn't talk much to him) and I pitched the idea. They weren't over the moon about (who the fukk responds well to movie pitches?) but they did tell me some inside info and said no one has ever really brought it up to them before. Also, I got to hold the Cup and shyt, it was pretty sick for a hockey fan.

that's all. keep writing, dudes

chosenaledge13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Adamsville/ATL
Aint posted on here in a while but I just put together my film reel brehs. Was doing music videos/commercials for 7 years and finally got around to do three films in the past few months to put a reel together. Did these projects to pretty much get a feel for working with actors and get better as a narrative director. Going all out on my next film as its a script that I have been working on for years that I feel like Im fully prepared for now. Ill share the script when I get done with the draft next week...

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Kinda, I'm in Central Jersey. Wassup?
I wanted to link up with some people to exchange ideas and hopefully make some moves. Are you in Brick or Toms River? Just tryna get a feel for how far up you are.

Daps
How am I just coming in this thread? This is awesome!

I just finished my first feature screenplay about a month ago. Well, the first draft anyhow. I'm putting it aside for now to work on some other film and writing projects and then I'll go back and revise with fresh eyes.

I plan on having an outline for a second film completed by the end of the summer.

Lazy Migrant

Migrated
Supporter
Daps
I wanted to link up with some people to exchange ideas and hopefully make some moves. Are you in Brick or Toms River? Just tryna get a feel for how far up you are.

Me too, I got quite a few ideas but I need to flesh them out. I'm farther north in Old Bridge.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
@TheGodling 's script is comedy - fukked up, but self aware comedy. if you got time, it's worth a read.

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Me too, I got quite a few ideas but I need to flesh them out. I'm farther north in Old Bridge.
okay, so you're right on the coast. You're about two hour and a half hours away from me.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
hey, feel free to not like it. I appreciate any note.

thanks though, that's comforting to hear

I've just been making notes as I read.

If I didn't like it I'd day. What I will say is if this was an actual movie, there's no way in hell I'd watch it 'cause it's not my type of movie, but I wouldn't begrudge it being made :russ:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I've just been making notes as I read.

If I didn't like it I'd day. What I will say is if this was an actual movie, there's no way in hell I'd watch it 'cause it's not my type of movie, but I wouldn't begrudge it being made :russ:

i tried to make it fit in a lot of different demos while keeping it hovering in the PG/PG-13 range, so i can understand that. I actually researched a lot of the bullshyt spec sales and kinda tried to adapt to that. i also like "heart" in my comedy sometimes.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
i tried to make it fit in a lot of different demos while keeping it hovering in the PG/PG-13 range, so i can understand that. I actually researched a lot of the bullshyt spec sales and kinda tried to adapt to that. i also like "heart" in my comedy sometimes.

That's funny, because the first note on my desktop sticky note is "Toggles between PG and PG 13 early, but settles into PG 13."

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Screenwriting comes with knowing the fact that you and the director will have two different visions, sometimes so vastly different that you have to bite the bullet unless you're both friends/brothers, etc. You're always in a place of surrender when you hand over something you wrote to someone you've never met. Some are lucky enough to co-direct, others decide to just peddle script after script without any care...and sometimes a director can produce something much better than you had in mind.