The Coli's Screenwriting/Filmmaking Thread [Share tips, etc]

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Anybody know of any books like Save the Cat but for TV? Thanks in advance.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Of course not. That's why you market it correctly. I already have ideas. It's going to take a little while for me to save the cash to do it correctly though. I don't want to raise money because it won't make a direct return. I just want to get my name in the industry.

Try and raise money breh, making a feature is going to take up most of your time, don't eat up your own finances as well. You in LA? Get on your network grind.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How many episodes of a tv show do you need before you can take it to somebody:whew:...I only got 4.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You only need one, sometimes not even that if you have a strong pitch. You should have a series bible though, basically an overview of the show detaling /characters/plotlines over the seasons etc. Here's an example from Battlestar Galatica: http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.harvar...smgr/hwp-pdfs/battlestar_galactica_series.pdf

:whoo: that series bible long as hell. good to know I don't need a full season. Im just worried I might run out of ideas and then its wack after the first bunch of episodes,im pleased with the first 4 I wrote. Then I kinda got writers block,i think I need to be out here getting into ignorant shyt to keep my creative juices flowing:blessed:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Have your destiny decided by white taste makers, brehs

Stop this racist nonsense, film festivals don't care about this kinda stuff.

Last movie to win the Grand Jury Prize @ Sundance was about a killing of a young black man, directed and written by a black man and produced by a black man.

If you have a good movie/script 99% of people don't care about your race. So unless you are a total jerk in person you should be able to sell your scripts if they are good.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I'm so sad you guys :to:

Last year a DP asked me to write the script for his graduation movie and wanted to make a drama about brothers bonding while traveling. So I wrote a story about two half-brothers who haven't talked to eachother in 4-5 years but have to go on a long car trip because their father just died. It's just a basic little story about meaning of families, sacrifice and redemption. Everybody loved it, a director/writer that won at Cannes this year said he almost cried just by reading the script. So the DP asks me to direct it but I say no because I want to make a comedy and I wanted to see my script on screen without being involved with the filming and post-production.

It was butchered :sadbron:

The locations didn't chance but this is a dialouge heavy movie and only lines I wrote that made it in are the first and last. I had a bar scene (they stopped in a small town because of bad weather) where they talked about life and family memories and are envious about the life that the other on lives. That got replaced by a conversation about sucking horse dikk while drunk and throwing up on a girl while she give's you a blowjob.

:sadcam: