The Coli's Screenwriting/Filmmaking Thread [Share tips, etc]

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here's a website where a connected guy in Hollywood posts tips and stuff. Every Friday he posts five amateur scripts people send him (anybody) and he lets people on the website comment and vote. The one that gets the most praise gets reviewed by him the following week.

One script a few months ago got read by him and he gave it a very high review and that person immediately got management and is being repped by CAA (the biggest agency in the world)

Anyways, my script is posted this week. "A Hand's Reach". One person liked it, from the other 4 scripts posted this week only 2 (I thought one was ok, the other not my thing) were well received. Check it out if you get a chance.

http://scriptshadow.net/amateur-offerings-weekend-31/#comments

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I finished shooting two weeks ago and its looking good. Until then here is a short my DP made in march

StraxStrax

Daps
I'm not gonna lie, the music I had composed for my graduation movie pure piff.
Best music I've heard all year.

:banderas:

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thread makes me sad. I wrote at least 10 scripts, 6 of which I believe are full length. Entered endless contests, contacted reps, nothing happened. Another closed industry to the black man.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thread makes me sad. I wrote at least 10 scripts, 6 of which I believe are full length. Entered endless contests, contacted reps, nothing happened. Another closed industry to the black man.

keep at it man. if you're writing you're improving.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
keep at it man. if you're writing you're improving.
The whole industry is young, white males who live in LA.

I realized a few years I'd have to Tyler Perry my way in, I'm currently producing my works in other forms. Eventually I'll get around to films but I got to get this paper first.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I realized a few years I'd have to Tyler Perry my way in, I'm currently producing my works in other forms. Eventually I'll get around to films but I got to get this paper first.

Thats big stuff man, 10 scripts. 50% of people who talk about wanting to write a script never do. You're way above that.

Brian Tucker is a young black male who wrote Broken City (Mark Wahlberg and Russell Crowe) and his next film in production is with Bruce Willis

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY

Go out, meet up with cameramen do that shyt on your own.
fukk waiting to be put on, you can go out and make shyt happen. If you don't have the funds to do your project, release a couple of low budget shorts with a lot of effort, put it up on the web/local festivals than campaign for funding for some of your pricy productions.

With that said, just finished being an extra in a comedy short. Gonna post it when it's up.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Go out, meet up with cameramen do that shyt on your own.
fukk waiting to be put on, you can go out and make shyt happen. If you don't have the funds to do your project, release a couple of low budget shorts with a lot of effort, put it up on the web/local festivals than campaign for funding for some of your pricy productions.

With that said, just finished being an extra in a comedy short. Gonna post it when it's up.
That's what I'm going to do, except Im going to do full length works and just give them away on Youtube as a big F U to the industry. When they come calling, I'm overcharging.

StraxStrax

Daps
That's what I'm going to do, except Im going to do full length works and just give them away on Youtube as a big F U to the industry. When they come calling, I'm overcharging.

Sorry but that's a dumb idea on so many levels.
Ok, let's say you make a feature on your own, that's something most people never get to do. Why waste the movie by putting on youtube. At least check if you can get it into festivals around the world and if you do there is a good chance you get some amount of international distribution , make contacts and that will help you make the next movie.

Don't be salty because you don't get to make a blockbuster from the word go.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sorry but that's a dumb idea on so many levels.
Ok, let's say you make a feature on your own, that's something most people never get to do. Why waste the movie by putting on youtube.
More eyeballs

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nobody's watching an unknown feature on youtube.
Of course not. That's why you market it correctly. I already have ideas. It's going to take a little while for me to save the cash to do it correctly though. I don't want to raise money because it won't make a direct return. I just want to get my name in the industry.