The Coli's Screenwriting/Filmmaking Thread [Share tips, etc]

Wiirdo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Have been thinking of a few ideas, but thinking of doing it as a comic instead of a screenplay. That way I can do everything myself, have complete control, have no budget considerations etc. It's an underrated storytelling medium.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've posted in this thread numerous times but don't wanna go through it all again

Any people connected in this thread with say prod. Companies or those whose life revolves around reading scripts?

I've got a scriPt that's went through dozens of revisions and reviews which I really like alot. Would be cool if someone connected (or knows what's up) to look at it

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've posted in this thread numerous times but don't wanna go through it all again

Any people connected in this thread with say prod. Companies or those whose life revolves around reading scripts?

I've got a scriPt that's went through dozens of revisions and reviews which I really like alot. Would be cool if someone connected (or knows what's up) to look at it

A friend of mine manages writers. I can see if she's looking for stuff. Inbox me.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i honestly have hundreds of great ideas/jokes/scenes and literally no motivation to write them. i want to sit in a room where someone else writes, busts their ass, then just dictate lines to them to write and mooch money off of them. that's what i want to do. i don't want to be a writer, i want to improve your crap... but i don't want to actually re-write said crap, i want to order you to fix it yourself while giving me co-credit.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
i honestly have hundreds of great ideas/jokes/scenes and literally no motivation to write them. i want to sit in a room where someone else writes, busts their ass, then just dictate lines to them to write and mooch money off of them. that's what i want to do. i don't want to be a writer, i want to improve your crap... but i don't want to actually re-write said crap, i want to order you to fix it yourself while giving me co-credit.

lol

I'm working on a treatment now and a Pilot script so I know how you feel. But every time I get through a few pages I feel good about it.

BTW, those few pages take me forever lol. I can go a week or two without even opening FD thinking to myself "Why am I even doing this?", but when I start to feel better about myself I open up the script and spit out 2/3/4 pages.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

:dead:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
get that 2nd draft down 20 pages.

anyone wanna read my other Sunny spec (did i even post the first one?) I never really showed this one but i read it the other day and it made me laugh a little.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Just finished my 132 page script... The first script I've ever broken through page 30 much less actually finish. I could cry right now.

Gonna let it breathe for a couple weeks then re-up for the 2nd draft.

132 page script? I can barely get to 10 pages sometimes. We got legit writers on here:wow:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
im no pro reader, but i open screenplays all the time, and if that shyt is over ~102 pages, i find another one.