The Coli's Screenwriting/Filmmaking Thread [Share tips, etc]

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I always do wish I double-majored in this in college.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Final Draft is industy standard, just use it.

If you know how to write a script it doesn't really matter if you use Final Draft or Celtx even tho Final Draft is a little better.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
If you know how to write a script it doesn't really matter if you use Final Draft or Celtx even tho Final Draft is a little better.

It matters when its time to submit. Some readers will just throw your script out if it's not formatted correctly...down to the margins and spacing. That's why investing in final draft is so important once you're serious.

I believe Celtx (and a lot of the major competitors) have a export to final draft option now because of this.

StraxStrax

Daps
It matters when its time to submit. Some readers will just throw your script out if it's not formatted correctly...down to the margins and spacing. That's why investing in final draft is so important once you're serious.

I believe Celtx (and a lot of the major competitors) have a export to final draft option now because of this.

I know at least 5 screenwriters that have made features and only use Celtx:yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know at least 5 screenwriters that have made features and only use Celtx:yeshrug:

when you print to PDF it doesn't matter what you wrote it on, nobody can tell.

Final Draft is industry standard but it only really matters if you working with somebody else you can just seem to the file and they can make all the edits with having to convert from another software.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA

You personally know 5 writers that have made STUDIO Hollywood features? So you know 5 writers who have hit the lottery? :childplease:

I know a reader for Universal that will throw your shyt in the trash if your cover isn't properly formatted or if the weight of the screenplay doesnt feel right.

So while yes. MovieMagic, Celtx and the rest will do. It's better to be safe than sorry.

If you're a writer getting features then you should be able to afford final draft.

StraxStrax

Daps
You personally know 5 writers that have made STUDIO Hollywood features? So you know 5 writers who have hit the lottery? :childplease:

I know a reader for Universal that will throw your shyt in the trash if your cover isn't properly formatted or if the weight of the screenplay doesnt feel right.

So while yes. MovieMagic, Celtx and the rest will do. It's better to be safe than sorry.

If you're a writer getting features then you should be able to afford final draft.

Nah not Hollywood features, more european movie festival kinda thing but they've all made movies in the $100 thousand - 1.5 millz range :ufdup:

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Celtx margins and formatting looks right to me.

Margins or something off?

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Keep writing fellas. Shoot me a pm if anybody has something they want feedback on. I have a few connects and can try and pass on anything good. I also have a cracked version of final Draft I'll post a link later.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Keep writing fellas. Shoot me a pm if anybody has something they want feedback on. I have a few connects and can try and pass on anything good. I also have a cracked version of final Draft I'll post a link later.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Please do and thanks.

Btw, have you ever sent any scripts to ScriptShadow - Screenwriting and Screenplay Reviews ?

They do amateur Fridays, choose 5 scripts, the site votes and the owner of the site (ScriptShadow aka Carson Reeves) reviews it. If it gets 4 stars (rare) he sends it to people he's connected to. He helped a guy get connected on his script called "The Disciple Program" and now Mark Wahlberg is starring in it.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I saw my cousin who I haven't seen in like 10 years at my sisters graduation party yesterday.

She's a director and had a 30 minute short accepted at Sundance and now she's got funding for a full-feature.

I'll ask her for the name of it and post a link if there is one, I remember seeing a trailer a month or two ago.

EDIT: VOLUME: TRAILER on Vimeo