The Coli's Screenwriting/Filmmaking Thread [Share tips, etc]

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Please do and thanks.

Btw, have you ever sent any scripts to ScriptShadow - Screenwriting and Screenplay Reviews ?

They do amateur Fridays, choose 5 scripts, the site votes and the owner of the site (ScriptShadow aka Carson Reeves) reviews it. If it gets 4 stars (rare) he sends it to people he's connected to. He helped a guy get connected on his script called "The Disciple Program" and now Mark Wahlberg is starring in it.
Nah, gotta check that out

Final Draft links

@Captain_Crunch

Last edited by a moderator:

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Please do and thanks.

Btw, have you ever sent any scripts to ScriptShadow - Screenwriting and Screenplay Reviews ?

They do amateur Fridays, choose 5 scripts, the site votes and the owner of the site (ScriptShadow aka Carson Reeves) reviews it. If it gets 4 stars (rare) he sends it to people he's connected to. He helped a guy get connected on his script called "The Disciple Program" and now Mark Wahlberg is starring in it.

I like Carson. Scriptshadow is a daily read for me. But sometimes he's off. The last AF script he gave high praises to had me and most of his commenters like :dahell:

But ya, it's a good way to get exposure. People in the industry love him or hate him and both of those groups read the blog daily.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like Carson. Scriptshadow is a daily read for me. But sometimes he's off. The last AF script he gave high praises to had me and most of his commenters like :dahell:

But ya, it's a good way to get exposure. People in the industry love him or hate him and both of those groups read the blog daily.

Where Angels Must Die? He put it down before I could get to read it. Supposedly the writer not has people backing him up.

I find sometimes those on the site (including him) are more pessimistic than your everyday people... but hey maybe that's just how I see it lol.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i know i got some pm's from people in this thread, but man, i just dont give a fukk about writing right now. can't even wrap my head around it, have no desire to discuss it so I'm not gonna be any help at the moment. sorry. I have such little work ethic that the second something feels like a job, i lose interest. it's a terrible thing. I'm supposed to be working on multiple things that can lead to shyt, but i can't even start b/c it feels like a total chore and not fun anymore. my "attitude sucks."

also, scriptshadow sucks now, b/c some a$$holes who wrote a shytty script got panned and they complained causing him to not send out the scripts every week. he used to give you everything he read, but then 2 guys who turns out asked to be reviewed got a bad review and claimed it was an early draft and bytched. also people seem to hate him on screenwriting sites, and it all seems like sour grapes. he's finding a way in, no matter how he did it, he's finding it, and that's bothering people.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
When writing a spec, how much does it matter if the show is not on the air?

I'm thinking of writing a Happy Endings one...

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Went to a seminar a few weeks ago and they said it's a waste of time. Always write current stuff. Contests won't accept anything that isn't currently in production

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Went to a seminar a few weeks ago and they said it's a waste of time. Always write current stuff. Contests won't accept anything that isn't currently in production

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Dammit.

I had a pretty decent idea that would fit perfect with a couple of the H.E. characters.

It's a little too 'pop culture-y' for New Girl

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i have an old pot themed screenplay that i want to turn into an "epic" Workaholics 2-parter... but it's currently 6th in the que of scripts i talk about but never write. It wouldn't even take much time, all I'd ha to do is cut the story down and change names/dialogue... but alas, I'm too busy being not busy.

and my new genius idea - three words - Billy. Madison. Baseball. just think about it, and tell me a complete ripoff of that movie except about a pro athlete working his way back up the ranks wouldn't be gold. Don't steal that.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
you'll get free reads on your shyt, but it won't take long to realize these people are posting on simplyscripts for a reason, they don't know jackshyt

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
i have an old pot themed screenplay that i want to turn into an "epic" Workaholics 2-parter... but it's currently 6th in the que of scripts i talk about but never write. It wouldn't even take much time, all I'd ha to do is cut the story down and change names/dialogue... but alas, I'm too busy being not busy.

and my new genius idea - three words - Billy. Madison. Baseball. just think about it, and tell me a complete ripoff of that movie except about a pro athlete working his way back up the ranks wouldn't be gold. Don't steal that.

I want to steal the epic pot workaholics lol at least collaboration wwassup with it