The Coli's Screenwriting/Filmmaking Thread [Share tips, etc]

Spin

All Star
Daps
Any screenwriters/filmakers have ideas they would like to pitch for our new Coli TV channel TheColiTV - YouTube? I was thinking of something like a sketch comedy that showcases the unique humor of the site in regards to current hip-hop/music events and news.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Premiered my short last wednesday in a full movie theater along with my classmates and clearly had the best movie :smugbiden:
Next up is a music video shooting in june

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Premiered my short last wednesday in a full movie theater along with my classmates and clearly had the best movie :smugbiden:

Good to hear.

What do you take at school and what's the short about?

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps

Good to hear man.

Based on this thread and some PM's with Conz a while back me n my homegirl have decided to make a comic (me writing, her drawing)

Throw it up on a Tumblr on some weekly shyt just as an outlet n see what happens/how it turns out.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Good to hear.

What do you take at school and what's the short about?

DIRECTING/PRODUCING but I'm mostly focused on directing and writing.
The short is about a young dancer that goes to an audition and the way she deals with the results of the audition.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
DIRECTING/PRODUCING but I'm mostly focused on directing and writing.
The short is about a young dancer that goes to an audition and the why she deals with the results of the audition.

That sounds interesting. I've been listening to a lot of podcasts and listening to actresses talk about it n the audition process sounds like some next level soul crushing/repetitive shyt.

I'll check your short out whenever it's available down the road.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For anyone here who writes scripts, check out this website

ScriptShadow - Screenwriting and Screenplay Reviews

They have something called Amateur Fridays where 5 scripts are shown and users from the site read and give criticism. The guy who runs the site has good Hollywood connections and has helped get some people deals. He then chooses 1 of those 5 scripts.

He also does columns on other areas of screenwriting that I have found helpful.