The Coli owes Issa Rae an apology

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I think Issa would agree with you :yeshrug:That's one of the main points of the show, how these characters who on the surface have their shyt together fukk up their own personal situations through self-sabotage and their own insecurities. As much as the show is about the black middle class it's also showing the flaws of the black middle class, particularly black women, which speaks to my original point about Insecure being way harder on black women then black men, which is why I found the coli's criticism ridiculous.

It sounds like you have more of an issue with the typical middle class black millennial than you do with the show because the show does its job as far as showing an accurate representation of them.

Your criticisms seem to be more with who the show represents than the actual show itself.

Your assessment of Atlanta is on point, not gonna argue with that

Yeah oddly people on this site have a bias against middle class black people.

Almost like they aren't authentic black people or something
I have a suspicion that it is the same people that are in the college is a waste of time brigade but who knows :yeshrug:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Issa Rae's new show is black male bashing propaganda

Ya'll were calling her a bedwench, c00n and making all types of personal judgments based on two damn episodes that had the audacity to show black men struggling to get a job. If ya'll actually stuck with the show you'd realize Insecure has some of the most balanced and positive portrayals of black men ever on mainstream television. In fact, if anyone should complain it should be black women, because the two female leads come across way more flawed than their male counterparts, especially in the most recent episodes. But the female fans of the show understand that it doesn't make you a c00n or sellout to actually show flawed, imperfect black characters who act like actual human beings. It just makes you a good artist.

Shout out to posters like @Ziggiy who initially made their judgments but then came around and realized their assessments were wrong after they stuck with the show. But the rest of ya'll were dead wrong
Cats are so feminine:heh: ashy can't you just appreciate the show for what it is? Cats aren't wrong for their criticisms of the first couple of episodes the same way that you aren't wrong for acknowledging that the show has picked up from the first two episodes. There's no denying that the first couple of episodes pushed narratives that are commonly used to negatively generalize black men. Now the show has picked up and become much less predictable since those first couple episodes. Nobody owes an apology for commenting on what they saw tho. Now if cats were refusing to acknowledge that the show has approved then you'd be justified in your sassy bytching.

The truth of the matter is that the portrayal of black women on the show in the last couple of eps is almost as problematic as the portrayal of black men in the first couple of eps. The two main black woman characters are both bytches who really aren't that likeable. Seems like a show by and for black women should have better female characters representing them.

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
She has a history of bashing black men
I actually like the show. Went back and looked at her old YouTube comments

Or deleted YouTube comments. Either way very vitriol comments towards black males. Simple scraping codes you can find her deleted comments.

They're pretty bad
This. She burned her bridges with me. I won't watch after what she said about black men.
She has a history of bashing black men

yall saying this without links & receipts:damn:give us that ether:damn::feedme:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
OK I watched up to episode 5
Still don;t think the show is great by any stretch of the imagination
I support black even annoying pretentious ass Being Mary Jane
Can some of yall say the same? :sas2:

Daps
OK I watched up to episode 5
Still don;t think the show is great by any stretch of the imagination
I support black even annoying pretentious ass Being Mary Jane
Can some of yall say the same? :sas2:

no. im not watching shyt with gabriel union. she top bedwench. i support blacks who suppirt blacks. not "new blacks"

Daps
Like i said wait till season two... she playing chess. Next year she'll be doing interviews saying, "i'm tackling the interracial dating problem many Black women go through"..

09rae5-master675-v2.jpg

I can read her mind... "oh my god, i'm swirling. I don't mind the smell. I love dogs. Black Girl Magic. Intersectionality."

yGkwmAj.png

I'm not easily fooled like the rest of you nikkas. Remember this post.

facts.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Wtf I look like apologizing for to a millionaire who produced that bullshyt YouTube show that portrayals cac males are better suited for black women? :childplease:

Sorry you moist, fatherless fakkit of a op, we sensible black folks know that we are being bashed and will not tolerate a wench propped by white cracker society to air out her disdain for black men for the world to see.

fukk Insecure, fukk Issa Rae