The Cloverfield Paradox (Official Thread)

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
JJ Abrams legit pissed me off with 10 cloverfield lane but this actually sounds good

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the over arching theme theyre going for is one of cosmic weirdness :yeshrug:

Nothing more nothing less. People didn't look at the sum of the Twilight Zone and go "ya but what's the fukking point?". They took it for what it was, which was an insular world of strange shyt happening. Cloverfield and Black Mirror seem to be aiming for something similar.

its JJ so i'll be open minded but a space movie with a 5 mil budget sounds like struggle city. all that really means is they will most likely not leave the ship at all...if they do it'll be something really quick.

I'm ok with movies like this where you're isolated or confined with the characters. I liked 10 Cloverfield Lane as a character study and thought it was incredibly effective at broadening the Cloverfield scope if you will. There are some really good movies where the tension is ratcheted up specifically because they're confined to their "space". Pontypool is a great example of what I'm talking about.

I'm interested. Im in

koolkeef

Pro
Daps
its JJ so i'll be open minded but a space movie with a 5 mil budget sounds like struggle city. all that really means is they will most likely not leave the ship at all...if they do it'll be something really quick.
You saying nobody can make a good movie with a limited budget?

Man, Get Out.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
You saying nobody can make a good movie with a limited budget?

Man, Get Out.
nah breh im talking particularly about space movies since usually when dealing with the universe you gotta cgi up a lot of shyt and that isnt cheap. i know its possible to make a great movie with next to nothing in the budget but when you factor in the galaxy it gets a little tougher because you cant be as practical as a horror movie where you just need a bunch of dirty clothes and corn syrup.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah breh im talking particularly about space movies since usually when dealing with the universe you gotta cgi up a lot of shyt and that isnt cheap. i know its possible to make a great movie with next to nothing in the budget but when you factor in the galaxy it gets a little tougher because you cant be as practical as a horror movie where you just need a bunch of dirty clothes and corn syrup.
Moon was an amazing low budget sci fi

Edit: *Ahem*

Moon's budget was $5 million.[1] The director took steps to minimise production costs, such as keeping the cast small and filming in a studio.[6] Moon was produced at Shepperton Studios, in London,[3] where it was filmed in 33 days.[6][8] Jones preferred using models to digital animation.[5] Jones worked with Bill Pearson, the supervising model maker on Alien, to help design the lunar rovers and helium-3 harvesters in the film.[9] The Moon base was created as a full 360-degree set, measuring 85–90 feet (26–27 m) long and approximately 70 feet (21 m) wide. The film's robot, GERTY, was designed to be bound to an overhead rail within the mining base since its mechanical tether was critical to the story's plot.[6] The visual effects were provided by Cinesite, which has sought cut-price deals with independent films.[10] Since Jones had an effects background with TV advertisements, he drew on his experience to create special effects within a small budget.[6]

Total coincidence that this and the new Cloverfield have the same budget. And effects have improved since then so...:yeshrug:

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Rumors are that this trailer will be dropping soon with Transformers 5. So we'll finally have the official name as well