The Cloverfield Paradox (Official Thread)

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Apparently it was the creature
That was everyone says
:yeshrug:

The monster's origins are only revealed in the film's viral marketing campaign (Abrams wanted the movie to be realistic; if a monster did attack, civilians would have no idea where it came from), leaving some who have seen the film confused about where it really came from. Many speculate that it is of extraterrestrial descent, but this has been denied by J.J. Abrams. The object seen falling into the ocean is actually the Japanese government's ChimpanzIII satellite.

The monster is a deep-sea creature with an unknown evolutionary history. The species apparently has a very long life-span, as the creature is still an infant during the events of the film, regardless of being alive for thousands of years. It grew to its massive size through consuming large amounts of Seabed's Nectar, a natural steroid-like substance which is very addictive and causes increased cell division and growth, and is used by Tagruato's subsidiary company, "Slusho!", for use as their secret ingredient in their frozen drink of the same name. At some point afterward, the monster went into a sort of hibernation

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I think they're fukking up by letting us know there's another entry. The best part of cloverfield lane is that it popped out of nowhere imo.

I think with 10 Cloverfield Lane they realized most people are sheep that eat up anything with the Cloverfield "brand name" on it blindly, so why not see how far and blatantly they can trick you into watching more low-budget sci-fi concept thrillers that have absolutely nothing to do with the original.

Also:

The Next Cloverfield Movie Is God Particle; Shared Universe in the Works

After years of fans clamoring for a Cloverfield sequel, Paramount and J.J. Abramspulled off a pretty terrific surprise by announcing that an upcoming thriller calledValencia was actually called 10 Cloverfield Lane mere months before its release, adding that it would have a tangental connection to the Abrams-produced 2008 film.10 Cloverfield Lane, under the direction of Dan Trachtenberg, turned out to be a pretty incredible contained thriller and still stands as one of the best films of the year, and now it turns out it was only the beginning of the Cloverfield universe.

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I think with 10 Cloverfield Lane they realized most people are sheep that eat up anything with the Cloverfield "brand name" on it blindly, so why not see how far and blatantly they can trick you into watching more low-budget sci-fi concept thrillers that have absolutely nothing to do with the original.

Also:

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
Eat ass breh its still top 3 for now

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
From my "10 Cloverfield Lane" review from the thread:

Definitely connected to the "Cloverfield" Universe well. The first film was a story and this film is a story. This is basically an anthology franchise about an Alien Invasion and how the Government is keeping it underwraps before all hell broke loose. I know they might want to make a direct sequel to this and follow her around. But I think they should go a different direction and show a whole new story in another part of the world dealing with the Aliens.

Thank you Base God JJ. I definitely didn't want to follow ol' girl after the last film. Sound interesting but naming "God Particle" is a hefty title but I love the direction of the franchise. Plus small isolated films will work better for the series going forward while letting "Cloverfield" be the Blockbuster of the franchise.