The Cloverfield Paradox (Official Thread)

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
shared universe
anigif_enhanced-buzz-1537-1377621562-19.gif

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
This movie will probably connect both movies, cloverfield happening in 1 alternate universe and the events of 10 cloverfield lane happening in another.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Best I've seen:

JJ Abrams is laughing his ass off to the bank as fans desperately try to connect the movies together the same way they tried to make sense of Lost while writers were just throwing shyt against the wall.:snoop:

The fact that people were actually saying that run-off-the-mill ass 10 Cloverfield Lane was one of the year's best movies when they wouldn't even have blinked twice if they saw it pass by on tv called "The Basement" is evidence of how easily folks are fooled by this garbage.:hhh:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
The only thing connected these movies is the word cloverfield...

They going to change the name of this movie to cloverfield particle in a week or two :mjlol:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
JJ Abrams is laughing his ass off to the bank as fans desperately try to connect the movies together the same way they tried to make sense of Lost while writers were just throwing shyt against the wall.:snoop:

The fact that people were actually saying that run-off-the-mill ass 10 Cloverfield Lane was one of the year's best movies when they wouldn't even have blinked twice if they saw it pass by on tv called "The Basement" is evidence of how easily folks are fooled by this garbage.:hhh:
The only thing connected these movies is the word cloverfield...

They going to change the name of this movie to cloverfield particle in a week or two :mjlol:
Bu Bu but.....they connected. :francis:

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
Well technically they are connected just in subtle ways. John goodman worked for bold futura which is a subsidiary of the oil company from the first movie. Believe me, i hated JJ for not making a sequel to Cloverfield but if he can pull some shyt outta his ass that would have everything making sense then im with it. I heard they are doing a cloverfield movie for the next 3 years or so, so im just interested in what the end will look like.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
This movie got pushed back AGAIN :heh:

What’s Going on with God Particle, the Delayed Cloverfield Sequel?

Back in 2016, J.J. Abrams pulled off the impossible when his production company, Bad Robot, announced and released the surprise sequel 10 Cloverfield Lane, directed by Dan Trachtenberg. The trailer seemingly dropped out of the sky that January, catching moviegoers off guard. How did one of the best-known filmmakers in the world manage to produce an action movie almost entirely in secret, without fans even catching wind that it was a Cloverfield sequel? It was a rare, thrilling coup, and ultimately paid off as the film went on to gross a solid $110 million worldwide.

But now, two years later, the anticipated next installment of the loosely connected franchise, God Particle, has seen its release date shifted again.

God Particle was originally supposed to hit theaters on February 24, 2017. Then, it was shifted to October 27, 2017. Then Paramount removed it from the schedule entirely before quietly bringing it back and moving the film to February 2, 2018. But no trailers or marketing materials of any kind were released, even though the trailer for 10 Cloverfield Lane had been released at least two months before that film’s premiere. Now, Variety reports, God Particle has been shunted further down the schedule once more; its current release date is April 20, 2018.

Precious little is known about the movie even though, though it isn’t as shrouded in secrecy as 10 Cloverfield Lane was. It’s directed by Julius Onah and based on a screenplay by Oren Uziel and Doug Jung. The plot revolves around a group of astronauts who discover a dangerous energy source called the “God Particle”; the cast includes David Oyelowo, Elizabeth Debicki, Chris O’Dowd, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Ziyi Zhang, and Daniel Brühl. No word yet on which actor was awarded with the precious title drop.