The Chi (Showtime) Official Season 1 Thread

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Im not jumping the gun when i say the dialogue of these first 2 episodes is fukking amazing, every single scene grabs the fukk out of you.

Damn they stepped they shyt up. The show is so much blacker and a legitimate representation of the type of hood a lot of us were breeded in.

If yall dont notice the quality jump i question your judgement of how you rate tv entertainment. This shyt is great out the gate so car this season

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Emmit mama woulda been much better for Black Lightning from a looks standpoint, his current wife doesn't move the needle as far as that is concerned. She is a good sctress doe i guess, cant shyt on a black woman like that but she aint pretty at all

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
was locked in season 1 but season 2 started off bad for me, might check out if episode 2 isn't any better.
they romaticized running a food truck and you mean to tell me customers couldn't cash app him?
How the fukk is something this small of a detail worth even mentioning bruh bruh.

Like........... :gucci:, JOW IN THE FUKK DID THAT AFFECT ANY PART OF TBE SHOW. LIKE ANY SINGLE SCENE, ANY STORY ELEMENT, ECT.

WTF :mindblown:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Last edited:
Daps
The first episode was just alright to me. I’m going to continue to watch and hope for the best.

I still feel most of these characters don’t talk or dress like chicagoans at all. It just bothers me because it just seems like she just wanted to slap “the Chi” logo on it but lacking the substance.