The Chi (Showtime) Official Season 1 Thread

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Show has definitely fell off since the first two episodes but it's still entertaining to me
The most intriguing story line is the old head Quentin. I wish they hurry up and explain why this dude has so much clout even with new boss who runs the house next door to him
Ronnie mom seem like she probably was a thot freak back in the day :laff:
Brandon is getting kind of annoying and the build up between him and his boss wife is so predictable and obviously going result in something bad
Clearly, his boss is no fool and doesn't miss a thing. Nothing really gets by him without him finding out.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Ronnie's mom should have known better. She risked the well-being of her family because of her conscious. Her family IS her conscious. Plus, anyone who works in the medical field knows damn well that high-end drugs and controlled substances are inventoried and guarded like Fort Fukkin Knox.

The hell was she thinking? Should have just called the paramedics and called it a day. Why give a damn about what the cops do to a gunshot victim whom you don't even know? At least he still would have survived anyway.

Daps
I wonder if nikkas on the beginning pages still feel like this shyt is on par with The Wire.

giphy.gif

I mean, the fukking blasphemy :stopitslime:.

Any time some hood shyt ends up on screen nikkas start making Wire comparisons.

Serves as a constant reminder that genius of The Wire is really lost on so many of its viewers. Too many were just content with a tale of drug dealers. :snoop:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I like this show. All the characters are fairly strong, even the minor players, and the pacing is good. I'm not really understanding all the nitpicking outside of it not being an accurate representation of the Midwest :yeshrug:

I'm thinking Q might be the murdered ball player's biological.

Daps
Ronnie's mom should have known better. She risked the well-being of her family because of her conscious. Her family IS her conscious. Plus, anyone who works in the medical field knows damn well that high-end drugs and controlled substances are inventoried and guarded like Fort Fukkin Knox.

The hell was she thinking? Should have just called the paramedics and called it a day. Why give a damn about what the cops do to a gunshot victim whom you don't even know? At least he still would have survived anyway.

Yea, that whole storyline is dumb. He's been in the streets his whole life, he knows all he has to say is he was mugged in the park and got shot by some assailants who's face he couldn't see. Sure, the cop he was snitching for won't believe him, but who cares? He can't prove shyt, and dude doesn't believe him now anyways. An investigating cop may go to the park and find his blood so his story would check out. Chicago PD ain't gonna waste time tryna find the truth in a non fatal shooting with an uncooperative witness. He's risking his life for no reason. Only people who don't go to emergency rooms are those who get shot whilst committing a crime or those who have warrants.

And she threw her career away stupidly as well. I said that when she did it. People do stupid stuff every day, so I won't call it bad writing, but it was incredibly dumb by her character.

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My biggest pet peeve about the show is that anytime something interesting is about to go down, the directors always cut away and move to another scene immediately before going back later.

Why are the directors on the show doing this when the show is on a premium network, they are filming it like they do on network television with commercials.

Don't make a scene extremely intense and then move on to another scene immediately, this is annoying. Let it flow naturally, this is not a daily soap opera like the bold and the beautiful, young and the restless etc.

The writing hasn't improved, hope they get it together for season 2 because there is a lot of room for improvement.

Last edited:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Just caught up on the last 2 episodes

The kids and the Q/Reggie/Trice storylines are the best part of the show but they seem to get the least amount of screen time

Easy E and Ronnie both have wack ass storylines but get all the screen time :snoop:

Easy quitting made the build up they were doing between him and his bosses wife pointless

I really hope they don’t try to turn his character into a street nikka

And why are we just now hearing about Jason having a pregnant girl if the mother knew the whole time

What mother you know not gonna acknowledge the only piece of her dead son that’s left in the world

For some reason my girl thinks(thought) the mother or girl had something to do with Jasons death.That was until we got to the part about the deleted 911 call.Now it’s obvious Trice and that dirty cop is probably behind it but we still don’t know why

My man Kev gonna end up falling for lil Taystee :mjlol:

I think Reg gonna end up running shyt or working for Q when Trice gets killed(if Qs brother is still alive)

Enmetts storyline is kinda up and down but I like the character.I really liked his scenes with Q

The show could be so much better if they just cut some of the dead weight

Just stick to the kids,Q,Reggie,and a little bit of Emmett

Ronnie needs to go and Easy E needs a better storyline

Also don’t need all these scenes with Emmetts mom :camby:

lil Taystee

Don't laugh at me brehs, I swear I don't know the name of any of the characters except little EJ

I am like that kid from moonlight, Kima, Eazy E etc. My :flabbynsick: is starting to show or that I am not that invested in this show that much.

I know this show got renewed, so they really need to tighten up the script.
Too many unbelievable moments, the nurse stealing medication and not expecting to be caught??:comeon:
Ol'boy selling his shoes to strangers and not expecting to be robbed??:comeon:

I don't know about the whole corrupt police supplying guns to the dealers in the neighborhood storyline, it seems farfetched unless that happened in real life.