The Chi (Showtime) Official Season 1 Thread

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Just caught up in the series. This is something you can appreciate ten times more if you're from this type of culture because most of the shyt is spot on.
I love how even though the protagonists are considered the good people of the story but if you think about it they've done some fukked up shyt too.
It makes me think about how someone said that we are all protagonists and antagonists in someones else story.

For example, at some points you forget Ronnie is the antagonist to Brandon. He killed his brother but he's still one of the main focuses of the show because he just wants to redeem his son.

I'm interested in all stories so that's a plus.

Someone already covered on the negatives bout it. Like some shyt being a cliche. That's how I feel about dudes in the trap house and their boss who looks like deandre jordan and also the old ass man who watches them through the window. They just feel like unbelievable cliches in my opinion. Reg just chillen in a kids pool with bad ass bytches rubbing him and a bunch hood dudes all just chillen in the trap house didn't seem believable to me at all.

other than that I have random thoughts:

-I thought Kev's sister was going to have a major role for some reason. She's just Emmet's smash/gf.

- Kev going the extra the mile for a girl who carely don't care for him like that. It's just like damn bro all that wasted energy for a girl who hasn't given you the light of the day most of the series. It's okay though we've all done this.

-The bosses wife, Sarah, needs to get naked damn it.

- I'm still mad af brandon brother died. He was my favorite as soon as the series started. I hope breh lands successful roles in his future

-angela bassett ass in everything god damn

-Brandon mom was like pure bytch alcoholic mode and argumentative with Brandon before her other son even died so I found it weird once Brandon moved in her character slowly started chill out

- Brandon being upset over the step dad had me upset with brandon. Like I get if you a 15 year old and momma bring some random nikka in your life. Brandon like 30 tryna make things rough for no reason

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Dawg Jason’s mom and Jerrika the most annoying characters. They always bytchin
This too. But at the same time you have to think about

-Jason was killed

-Jerrika found a gun a bloody shirt

If I was Jerrika I would have dipped out ASAP too I don't want that shyt in my life. But at the same time she annoying af because like a episode later she got a new man like damn bytch didn't even grieve and she won't listen to brandons side of the story no matter what so she just unlikable.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I'm reading some posts and I disagree with out the show is all over the place.
That complaint doesn't even make sense to me.

One complaint that I agreed with was the fact the show doesn't feel like Chicago or something to that nature.
I forgot they were centered in the chi tbh

Feels like some random hood where shyt happening

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
I wanna ask y'all nikkas, what y'all think are the chances that Q is legitimately trying to help the hood out/slow down the violence?????

Maybe dude feels like the Southside is fukked up because he flooded the streets wit dope back in the days??? Maybe Jason is his son and he feels like it's his fault he got killed cause he fukked the hood up with his hustle???

That's an interesting dynamic to me, I mean, what other reason would dude turn all them guns in for??? If he was trying to take the streets back over then he would have kept all them guns. For a nikka like Q, he wouldn't do all that just to make Trice mad. I think Q's character will end up as a good guy/protagonist sooner than later.

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
I wanna ask y'all nikkas, what y'all think are the chances that Q is legitimately trying to help the hood out/slow down the violence?????

Maybe dude feels like the Southside is fukked up because he flooded the streets wit dope back in the days??? Maybe Jason is his son and he feels like it's his fault he got killed cause he fukked the hood up with his hustle???

That's an interesting dynamic to me, I mean, what other reason would dude turn all them guns in for??? If he was trying to take the streets back over then he would have kept all them guns. For a nikka like Q, he wouldn't do all that just to make Trice mad. I think Q's character will end up as a good guy/protagonist sooner than later.
This is a prediction that i read elsewhere but someone said they believe Q will wind up being a interest to Emmett's mom.