The Chi (Showtime) Official Season 1 Thread

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
This is good for Showtime. Cliche in spots but some strong acting performances and writing.

The one complaint is the storyline seems really busy. It’s like they took every story line from the first 4 seasons of The Wire and tried to recreate it in one season. They can pull back a little and do deeper dives into the individual characters.

8/10

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
This is good for Showtime. Cliche in spots but some strong acting performances and writing.

The one complaint is the storyline seems really busy. It’s like they took every story line from the first 4 seasons of The Wire and tried to recreate it in one season. They can pull back a little and do deeper dives into the individual characters.

8/10
Good post bro, I don't expect any of the storylines to come to a close these last 3 eps either, which ain't a bad thing at all imo. If they do a good job of finishing out these stories in a deep and good manner, this show will be good as fukk.

One advantage they have over other shows that may have seemed "busy" is that damn near all the storylines are closely connected so if they close one specific situation then the outcome of the other side of it will be solved also. The writing and acting has been strong as hell so I think they can pull it off :yeshrug:.

Exp:If Q hires Reg then that will prob be the end of Trice as a character. If Trice had the b ball player killed that closes some shyt too.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I have the same complains about the show like you guys but the show is doing good for my liking. Lena Writhe is a good writer but it seems like they have too many cooks in the kitchen.

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what:

nikka have u been sleep while watching this show breh??? Damn near everything u posted was off as fukk :martin:
thats why they are other episode dumb dumb :dahell:

and you do realize that was pertaining to the last episode AND not this one. as far as commentary?

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
thats why they are other episode dumb dumb :dahell:

and you do realize that was pertaining to the last episode AND not this one. as far as commentary?
Relax nikka, if u know bout me from here I'd rather u deliver yo message in a simple manner instead of the whole "dumb dumb" shyt, I'm from the streets homie, its all good.

But you were off as hell, Ronnie already knows Jason ain't his son, I see absolutely no reason why Jason mama would get killed :what:, and nobody knows shyt bout if Q is his actual pops. Your post was based on prediction's being delivered as if they were already in to play, and the Ronnie being g his pops shyt was just you not paying attention homie :yeshrug:.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Reg going to wind up killing bro.
I this k they gone give Reg a redeemable moment in the near future, especially if he ends up working wit Q. REG IS A HOE ASS nikka AT THIS POINT, IF U GREW UP AROUND THIS shyt, REG IS THE TYPE OF nikka THAT WILL NEVER SEE 30 YEARS OLD, I PUT THAT ON MY MAMA.

I think he might have to save Jake or take the wrap after Jake young wild ass kills dawg from the skating rink. shyt crazy, cause growing up round my way Skateland had nikkas getting killed weekly up there, there was 2-3 nikkad beat to death up there (Alter Road between Warren and Outer Drive) but it gave me a realistic vibe cause my hood was similar. fukkin kids killing each other on the weekends.

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I this k they gone give Reg a redeemable moment in the near future, especially if he ends up working wit Q. REG IS A HOE ASS nikka AT THIS POINT, IF U GREW UP AROUND THIS shyt, REG IS THE TYPE OF nikka THAT WILL NEVER SEE 30 YEARS OLD, I PUT THAT ON MY MAMA.

I think he might have to save Jake or take the wrap after Jake young wild ass kills dawg from the skating rink. shyt crazy, cause growing up round my way Skateland had nikkas getting killed weekly up there, there was 2-3 nikkad beat to death up there (Alter Road between Warren and Outer Drive) but it gave me a realistic vibe cause my hood was similar. fukkin kids killing each other on the weekends.
Reg is a hot hothead but don't count him out. What other nikka in thrice crew besides reg know Thrice operation.

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Relax nikka, if u know bout me from here I'd rather u deliver yo message in a simple manner instead of the whole "dumb dumb" shyt, I'm from the streets homie, its all good.

But you were off as hell, Ronnie already knows Jason ain't his son, I see absolutely no reason why Jason mama would get killed :what:, and nobody knows shyt bout if Q is his actual pops. Your post was based on prediction's being delivered as if they were already in to play, and the Ronnie being g his pops shyt was just you not paying attention homie :yeshrug:.
I deliver my message however. Also The way this story develops I wouldn't be surprised Jason moms got kilt or beat up. She knows enough about the coogi situation and Wallace could find out. Remember he was on the hunt for the phone. Yeah it's a wild prediction but we've been thrown curve balls before.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I deliver my message however. Also The way this story develops I wouldn't be surprised Jason moms got kilt or beat up. She knows enough about the coogi situation and Wallace could find out. Remember he was on the hunt for the phone. Yeah it's a wild prediction but we've been thrown curve balls before.
:ehh: true, true my nikka

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
This episode i was in & out. So i wont be as detail cause i need to go back and rewatch certain tidbits. Im sure im missing somethings so dont quote me. I'll come back later and edited.

Truthfully it couldnt keep my interest outside of the Thrice & Q situation.

Q & Emmett
Doing the gun bring back was the worst mistake they couldve done. From being subtle in action to bringing attention to yourself with that action. All eyes are going to be on Q & Emmett. Possibly this could fall back on Thrice (im sure this is who The Cop Wallace was hitting up with the phone call. This also brings in question the Gun that Jake lifted at the dock. Its government issued as stated in the previous episode by one of Q's boys so therefore....serial numbers i would assumed. I also like how Emmett broke the ice and certain things were established about Q that we didnt know previously based on his relationship with Sonny and his dad. The barbershop scene IMO made Thrice look soft plus having his bodyguard right there ....something else could've happened by like I said I'm going off what I caught.

Tracey
That scene with the woman Tasha at the therapy session was foul in the beginning. However cooler heads prevailed. Also get the feeling that the situation with her & Q are going to be expounded on. First interaction with Tracey at the cookout, now the By Back. Its a build up before a thorough interaction. Writers know what they doing. Based on Tracey and how she moves one can assumed she was interested in the Bad boys or she just a bird who's has made dumb decision in the men she chooses to let enter her life. The interaction she had with Ronnie is just smh.

Thrice & Reg
Im seeing alot of commentary on Thrice beating Reg ass and that Reg isnt going to do this, he not going to do that. One thing you have to understand in life in general and when you fighting or beefing is this : NEVER UNDERESTIMATE A Person CAUSE YOU ARE UNDER IMPRESSION HE /She IS FEARFUL. Fear can bring a element to a person that you didnt know existed. Self-Preservation is everything. Even a stray dog when corner will snap at you. Factor in drugs with Reg lifestyle and it adds to the element. Although Reg tucked the gun in the JuiceBox Scene its clear that he's given the idea of knocking Thrice head off some thought. One thing we know is Reg is a step under thrice. So he knows the ends and out of the gun trafficking, the drugs, etc. I doubt we see a merge with Q and Reg. If it does happened i wouldnt be shocked. Reg operating off mere impulse is going to get him fukk up. He's not a thinker which goes back to what I said in previous commentary and also echoes what JB - Q's man stated. Q is way more experience and strategic. Reg is going to hit back Thrice because you have to think and look at how its perceived to others one Thrice is establishing a sort of fear to others. This fear in turn turns into a lack of respect from his (regs) fellows runners. Lack of respect can lead to numerous things one being his workers do/say what they want because they perceived Reg as being weak. Also just throwing out a prediction: dont be surprised if a storyline is developed were Reg is getting short by one of his runners. When Reg do strike back that shyt is going to be vicious. We already seen he willing to take matters into his own hands. I think the situation with Sonny getting kilt is going to sat off a chain of events - One reg is going to have to have eyes in the back of his head - Sonny murder is going to fall back on Thrice imo. Q is going to wind up soldifies his gangsta.

Brandon, Jerrika
Interesting with what happened with Brandon and Luis. One thing I had to smile at was Brandon being thorough and not dropping a dime on his friend Luis. Hes naive to the streets, but that was standup. Originally I stated elsewhere that I was predicting that a storyline where Luis develops a bit of jealousy towards Brandon. I state this mainly because within the show and seeing the camaderie between the head chief and Sarah and Brandon we never seen Luis get those same accolades as Brandon. But now though......two thing could happened he could go into business for himself like someone stated in this thread or work with Luis .....possibly since they had the taco talk and they both are experience in the area of being chefs. I see Hannibal playing a big role in this in terms of money. I feel Hannibal role should be bigger.

Jake
Someone needs to stash the gun where he can't find it. That gun is going to be the straw that broke the camels back, one its stolen. Two its government issued. Jake a lot like his brother is emotionally reactionary. First was the confrontation with WildBoy in the scene where Kevin was trying to get his bike back. Where he talk about wanting to shoot bro. Now the Rink scene. Im thinking he is going to wind up at the most shooting someone as it relates to a beef his brother has because he wants the respect and love from Reg. If Kevin, Poppa, or some other person don't confiscate that gun its going to end bad for lil breh. Hes like the average young boy who gets a toy and eager to see what it do. Also the influence of Reg is detrimental in terms of how he deals with shyt. Goes into the fact he wants to be like his brother. This gun situation sorta goes back to the gun buy back and the issue with the gun raises a question. When shyt do happened who is going to go down? As so many people are immersed with the guns from Government, Wallace to Reg to Thrice.

Emmetts Mom
Im wondering what will be her decision since she was caught? This also make me wonder IF and its a strong IF that because of the relationship that Emmett is developing with Q that Q in turn becomes as boyfriend interest. They both in the same age bracket.

Kevin
"I like the shape of your forehead" . Cringeworthy. Even though he finally got a kiss i think Kevin is eventually going to wind up with Andreas cousin. Guilt hit him hard in that rink scene.

Ronnie
This could be where i stated previously that the Hood Shaman/Pimp/ guy gets a bigger role. Ronnie is a mixture of things. one thing i like is he is sorta a protagonist and antagonist at the same time. This is good , but i still get more with him and his monotone, nonchalant delivery of his lines.

Last edited: