The Chi (Showtime) Official Season 1 Thread

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
-why do Keisha face always look like Nettie from ColorPurple when Mister was throwing rocks at her?
-they played Kev like a goofy from Waloofy
- Kev was on his Mario Winans "I don't wanna know"
-Femma wears dumb hats
-now we on some "who shot Ghost" shyt
-Emmett acting was trash in that crying scene
-Jason Weaver said " lil Howard you weak"

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Stopped watching after the episode with Tiff talking to Emmitt crazy bout fukin that other dude, when he didnt immediately bush her i was like wtf?

Bout to pick it back up tho, to see the fukkery to the end

I seen a few people say this but.... He has obviously cheated in the past, now he comes and tell her he cheated after they are married. So in return she cheats and is completely honest about it (a lil cold and harsh with it) and now he supposed to just toss her in the bushes despite them being married and having kids together??? That just seems really hypocritical...

My main issues were the fact that he told her in the first place, helps nobody and its selfish to fo it just so he can gave a "peace of mind" and my bigger issue is that he never told her that he cheated before they were married. Still bad but I think that matters and would gave lessen the blow.

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA
I seen a few people say this but.... He has obviously cheated in the past, now he comes and tell her he cheated after they are married. So in return she cheats and is completely honest about it (a lil cold and harsh with it) and now he supposed to just toss her in the bushes despite them being married and having kids together??? That just seems really hypocritical...

My main issues were the fact that he told her in the first place, helps nobody and its selfish to fo it just so he can gave a "peace of mind" and my bigger issue is that he never told her that he cheated before they were married. Still bad but I think that matters and would gave lessen the blow.

Thats fair...its not even the fact that she went and slept with the dude, cause Emmitt is a fuk up, but that delivery tho

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA

My nikka....Tiff said don't fukk him again, but her and Emmitt in an open marriage :gucci:

shyt is wild, breh. Not sure what they're doing w Emmitt and Tiff relationship bc this nikka fukked mad bytches before they got married....she might process it different if he were to tell her it was before they got engaged and married. No wonder this nikka down in the dumps....he literally turned his life around and his wife fukking someone else :to:

My nikka Emmitt couldn't even tell his wife his momma down bad....breh had to turn to his dad who's more like a homie smh.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
You not alone. Hanging out with family and friends at our lil Juneteenth/Nets watch party and I was in the minority when it came to how bad this show has become. Most everybody else was on some "it's good to see different Black characters on TV.":comeon:
I know people who love this show. I really don't say anything....I just let them cook.

But then when they do ask me about it and I simply tell them that the show is nowhere near what it was, I get the :mjtf::usure::gucci:

I don't bother going into detail as we do in this thread...but like I said, I just let them cook :hubie:

Last edited:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
"Stop being a hotep" straight from twitter
That was clearly forced and totally out of her character.

I watched 30 minutes of this episode at the most and fast forwarded through the rest, especially the ball room scenes, speeches, "THIS is a monumental day, everyone" and the childbirth.....oan Emmitt's predictable sobbing.

Last edited:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is one of the worst written and directed shows on television. I’m invested now so I watch every week, but it’s bad. Not even worth running down the list of trash.

The agenda shoehorning is whatever at this point but I wish they stop forcing Imani into the show. She’s not a good actress, regardless of what her orientation is.

It’s clear the writers have zero idea how to write Kevin’s character. He just broods every week for basically no reason. At least now he has a reason to be upset.

I like Jason Weaver and Cory Hardrict’s characters and somewhat interested to see where they go.

Every strong moral character has been killed or just disappeared (i.e. Sonny).

The Douda scene (entire episode really) was straight from power :mjlol: didn’t even try and change anything. The most powerful man in the show tells everyone to kiss his ass the entire episode, is having the best day of his life and a mystery person shoots him.

I’ll be tuned in on Sunday though :mjgrin:

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
Tracy shout douda. She lied during her speech and said the cops shot her son because she didn't want to tip douda off that she knows it was 63rd.

Plus when he turned around he was smiling like he was waiting on her.
I think it was Nook. This was an opportunity to make a power play and kill the leader of the 63rd Street Mob. With Douda out the way, Trig is food on these streets. Nook will have Big Mike and Shad take out Trig and assume full control over the organization. #GangGang:troll:

yourgod

Pro
Daps
This is one of the worst written and directed shows on television. I’m invested now so I watch every week, but it’s bad. Not even worth running down the list of trash.

The agenda shoehorning is whatever at this point but I wish they stop forcing Imani into the show. She’s not a good actress, regardless of what her orientation is.

It’s clear the writers have zero idea how to write Kevin’s character. He just broods every week for basically no reason. At least now he has a reason to be upset.

I like Jason Weaver and Cory Hardrict’s characters and somewhat interested to see where they go.

Every strong moral character has been killed or just disappeared (i.e. Sonny).

The Douda scene (entire episode really) was straight from power :mjlol: didn’t even try and change anything. The most powerful man in the show tells everyone to kiss his ass the entire episode, is having the best day of his life and a mystery person shoots him.

I’ll be tuned in on Sunday though :mjgrin:
This whole post is spot on, the agenda shoe horning, the shytty writing, the unnecessary music score in some of the scenes…but I gotta power through it since I’ve been locked into this show from the beginning. The goddamn agendas are cringy as hell and make this shyt a harder watch than it should be.