The Chi (Showtime) Official Season 1 Thread

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
the realest part of the episode was when the cop gave him the info on the guns is the train car............. because thats pretty much how it actually happens

the train yard that it happnes at is smack dab in the middle of fukking inglewood

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yet that's exactly what you did with your reasoning for Brandon dumping the gun. If those two officers found the gun in the park with DNA on it then what genius? There's a million ways we can go playing the semantics game.

And I didn't rewrite shyt unlike you. It's apart of the narrative that the cop deduced who shot Coogi by the second episode so you look like a fool saying he should go to the hospital. That's why he didn't go because he knows the cops are on to him. Even the crooked cop knows whats going on. DNA from the beating would lead them to Brandon and the kid and the case would be closed. Stop being overly analytical to appear smart because none of your gripes about the show hold water.

Showing the dynamic of how the street life affects everyone from young to old is solid writing. The only knock that I agree with is the weirdo shyt that's been thrown in. Other than that the writing has been on point.
The fact that you're defending him holding the gun speaks volumes.

You obviously want this show to be something it's not. I wanted it to be dope too, but it's been disappointing... him holding the gun made no sense. There's 0 justification for it.

You literally sitting here coming up with "what if they found the gun" scenarios and not explaining WHY he would keep the gun. So let's say he keeps the gun, and the detectives find out that Ronnie got shot and they go to question Brandon. Now lets say they search his room and find the gun. Then what? Because Brandon's plan was to stick the gun under his mattress at his mom's crib...

:heh:

Are you serious?

All of my points are valid. Stop it.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
the only way that that gun would be that important is if was a registered gun AND had bodies on it
thats whats stupid about the episode's plot
and if it has bodies on it............. why the fukk you still have it
My mans just saw the gun get used in a potential murder, so yeah... IDK why he kept it.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
I was talking to my wife as that scene was unfolding. I was like, "So she just gonna dry snitch on her man like that?"

My wife was like, "you mean wet snitching? Wasn't shyt dry about that"
:heh:

I didn't even list that point in my previous post, but that just goes in line with what I said about how damn near every scene in that episode was mediocre to just plain awful
How is it awful? People do dumb shyt. That's life. Eazy's girl is proven to be privileged, self-righteous girl who is good at her profession, but no street-savvyness whatsoever. Some people can't handle situations out of their element....which is something that the show touches on repeatedly.

It's not bad writing, it's reality.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
The fact that you're defending him holding the gun speaks volumes.

You obviously want this show to be something it's not. I wanted it to be dope too, but it's been disappointing... him holding the gun made no sense. There's 0 justification for it.

Makes less sense to dump the gun. The kids and his DNA is on it. Plus he would have had to go back for it for the D-Boy little brother anyway.

You literally sitting here coming up with "what if they found the gun" scenarios and not explaining WHY he would keep the gun. So let's say he keeps the gun, and the detectives find out that Ronnie got shot and they go to question Brandon. Now lets say they search his room and find the gun. Then what? Because Brandon's plan was to stick the gun under his mattress at his mom's crib...

The detective already found out something happened. Like I mentioned before, the gun is tied to the D-Boy, Brandon, and the kid. Dumping it makes no sense as Brandon would have to go back for it anyway in your scenario. Also the detective can find it just like they found out they needed to get the cellphone.

All of my points are valid. Stop it.

The entire community dynamic of the street life is fine. The Wire did it and there was no bytching there so it makes no sense to complain with this show. Invalid argument.

You said it made no sense that he didn't go to the hospital. The narrative explained fully why he didn't. Invalid argument.

In the heat of the moment Brandon grabbed the gun for the kid which is normal behavior and at that juncture there is no point in dumping the gun. Invalid argument.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
I just started ep 3 and I ain't ever been pulled into a show this quick :hubie:, the start to this shyt was really, really good. I done seen most of the highest rated shows (BB, Sopranos, Wire, Shield, ect) this show snatched me much quicker than any of them shyts my nikkas :hubie:.

Im a hood nikka, born and raised and this show has done a lot right so far.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not a huge fan so far but I’ll keep watching. Clearly a film student’s view of the hood/Chicago, and a lot weird, kind of homoerotic scenes. (The party scene with the older brother getting out the blow-up pool naked in front of his little brother :hhh:, chick kicking him in the nuts :hhh:) just really weird stuff.

Jason Mitchell is keeping me watching, not much else. The Wire comparisons are unfair and definitely unwarranted. Not even close as far as writing, production, acting, etc

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
It's keeping my interest and is paced well, but I feel like the only thing tying the show and chicago together is it's focus on chicago's reputation for homicides. I don't know much about midwestern culture, but all the characters though relatable on a personal level, don't really seem to carry any regional identity as a unit.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Show is pretty good. Im not completely hooked though. Something is missing :patrice:.

(Ep 4) They kept flashing back to the shooting incident like there would be some new revelation. :dahell: We already could guess the outcome, they were better off just showing the entire thing as it happened, it would have at least given the episode some suspense. Why do flashbacks if there are no strange onlookers, nothing left behind, no pop up shooter.
Common - worst actor ever
Good Episode overall though

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Can we talk about how that bytch forced that old man to take revenge on her son’s death and not being appreciative for it except for a nights worth of p*ssy? I mean just like what his momma said, that bytch played his ass thoroughly and then him out after she was done with her emotional distress. You wanted him to step up like a father for revenge but after that’s done he ain’t the father no more?? :mindblown:

But it’s his fault dude was such a simp and a spineless b*stard. As a matter of fact between that and the cook’s girl kicking him out, I see a bunch of p*ssy whipped boys on this series, especially the young baby daddy the first two episodes, his story is perhaps the most entertaining out of all.

What's with you nikkas nitpicking shyt that was fully explained? The old man ignored an important date and then ignored her calls to get high out of guilt. So she got upset about that.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
What's with you nikkas nitpicking shyt that was fully explained? The old man ignored an important date and then ignored her calls to get high out of guilt. So she got upset about that.
He killed a child for HER. She should’ve been more appreciative for him instead of acting like a bytch. You really think that was excusable??

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
He killed a child for HER. She should’ve been more appreciative for him instead of acting like a bytch. You really think that was excusable??

No, but him showing instability but getting hooked back on drugs is going to make it hard for her to deal. Plus like I said he ignored her purposefully to get high so if he wanted more p*ssy he shoulda went to the house and fukked instead of having crack dreams.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Show is pretty good. Im not completely hooked though. Something is missing :patrice:.

(Ep 4) They kept flashing back to the shooting incident like there would be some new revelation. :dahell: We already could guess the outcome, they were better off just showing the entire thing as it happened, it would have at least given the episode some suspense. Why do flashbacks if there are no strange onlookers, nothing left behind, no pop up shooter.
Common - worst actor ever
Good Episode overall though
The-Chi-Common.png

Eazy's cousin: "I got Maury Povich under my house"
:mjlol: