The Chi (Showtime) Official Season 1 Thread

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
:mindblown:

Why yal always just say this?! "Just watch the shyt"

I am
:dahell:

Cause sometimes nikkas be extra with the commentary. Of all the shows that I watch that have some pretty fukked up writing. Empire, Snowfall, Power.........this one so far is pretty solid.......nikkas pick at anything just to pick........seems like this is what you are doing

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Cause sometimes nikkas be extra with the commentary. Of all the shows that I watch that have some pretty fukked up writing. Empire, Snowfall, Power.........this one so far is pretty solid.......nikkas pick at anything just to pick........seems like this is what you are doing
:picard:

Romell

Superstar
Daps
was thinking the same....Why she do Eazy like that
a simple I saw the guy that killed my brother when I left work, I just wanna protect us ...was all that needed to be said
I hate when shows do this. Its so obviously opposite of how these scenarios would play in real life. But I'm rocking with the show so far. I'm going to keep peeping it and drop back into this thread when the end of the season approaches.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
I hate when shows do this. Its so obviously opposite of how these scenarios would play in real life. But I'm rocking with the show so far. I'm going to keep peeping it and drop back into this thread when the end of the season approaches.

Pissed me off when she was telling her friends she found a bloody shirt and gun in his bag.......even my wife cussed her on that shyt........like ain't you supposed to hold your dude down and take some she like that to the grave?

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Wacthed the Pilot want to catch up tonight after black lightning
Has the show been good or just meh

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
everything @GoldenGlove said is spot on

show started off with a solid pilot but each episode after keeps getting worse

episode 4 was terrible.The writing and acting is bad

if it wasnt for Easy E i wouldve dropped this already

Hes carrying the show so far but his girl is annoying as fukk.I really hope they get rid of her soon

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Pissed me off when she was telling her friends she found a bloody shirt and gun in his bag.......even my wife cussed her on that shyt........like ain't you supposed to hold your dude down and take some she like that to the grave?
I was talking to my wife as that scene was unfolding. I was like, "So she just gonna dry snitch on her man like that?"

My wife was like, "you mean wet snitching? Wasn't shyt dry about that"
:heh:

I didn't even list that point in my previous post, but that just goes in line with what I said about how damn near every scene in that episode was mediocre to just plain awful

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Good show thus far. House parties in Chicago really get down like that tho? :dwillhuh:

Dude showing his nuts in front of his homies in a tub in the living room?? :what:

Haitian hanging upside down getting pissed over sandwiches?? :mjlol:

Shortie kicking out homie and wouldn’t even listen to what got down. Momma was right, she’s a bougie ass bytch. This is why nikkas should never move in to a woman’s place.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I take back everything I said earlier about this dumb show. It's so BAD and cringe worthy, you can tell this is definitely written in a female's point of view which is fine if it's done properly.

I mean I enjoyed shows like weeds with a female slant but the chi tries too hard to get away with a lot of stuff, you can tell the creator was given too much to do with not much experience of handling such a big project of story telling..

I am done with the show, I will just skim through the episodes from now on by fast forwarding and pausing just to see where it goes. I just can't take any of the scenes seriously anymore and a lot of the dialogue is really atrocious, I mean nobody talks like this in real life in chicago.

Can we talk about how that bytch forced that old man to take revenge on her son’s death and not being appreciative for it except for a nights worth of p*ssy? I mean just like what his momma said, that bytch played his ass thoroughly and then him out after she was done with her emotional distress. You wanted him to step up like a father for revenge but after that’s done he ain’t the father no more?? :mindblown:

But it’s his fault dude was such a simp and a spineless b*stard. As a matter of fact between that and the cook’s girl kicking him out, I see a bunch of p*ssy whipped boys on this series, especially the young baby daddy the first two episodes, but his story is perhaps the most entertaining out of all.

Last edited:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Ok and?...

How is him getting shot going to get him caught for the killing Coogie unless he gives the police a play by play of why he got shot. Which wouldn't happen.

And yes, I'm consistent when I watch any show.

Apparently not. They already deduced that he killed Coogie two episodes ago. He asked about Coogie then he dies a week later. The officer even said from his own mouth that he knows he did it he just doesn't have proof. Him being "mysteriously shot" a short time later in a revenge shooting would implicate his guilt at that point. They can get Brandons DNA from beating him up which would show it was in revenge for him killing his little brother. Plus he admitted it to Brandon and the kid and the kid snitches every episode so it's nothing for the kid to be a key witness in court.

I hate people who are overly analytical yet lack common sense.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Apparently not. They already deduced that he killed Coogie two episodes ago. He asked about Coogie then he dies a week later. The officer even said from his own mouth that he knows he did it he just doesn't have proof. Him being "mysteriously shot" a short time later in a revenge shooting would implicate his guilt at that point. They can get Brandons DNA from beating him up which would show it was in revenge for him killing his little brother. Plus he admitted it to Brandon and the kid and the kid snitches every episode so it's nothing for the kid to be a key witness in court.

I hate people who are overly analytical yet lack common sense.
:russell:

I hate when people have to rewrite how a show could play-out in their own words to justify bad writing. Stop it.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
:russell:

I hate when people have to rewrite how a show could play-out in their own words to justify bad writing. Stop it.

Yet that's exactly what you did with your reasoning for Brandon dumping the gun. If those two officers found the gun in the park with DNA on it then what genius? There's a million ways we can go playing the semantics game.

And I didn't rewrite shyt unlike you. It's apart of the narrative that the cop deduced who shot Coogi by the second episode so you look like a fool saying he should go to the hospital. That's why he didn't go because he knows the cops are on to him. Even the crooked cop knows whats going on. DNA from the beating would lead them to Brandon and the kid and the case would be closed. Stop being overly analytical to appear smart because none of your gripes about the show hold water.

Showing the dynamic of how the street life affects everyone from young to old is solid writing. The only knock that I agree with is the weirdo shyt that's been thrown in. Other than that the writing has been on point.