The Chi (Showtime) Official Season 1 Thread

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Without a cooperating witness, cops ain't gonna waste their time trying to figure out who shot him a park at night. They got cases with actual leads to chase.

What really grinds my gears about that unrealistic shyt is that it was completely unnecessary to the plot. The cop he's snitching for found out he got shot anyways (in another ridiculous scene, btw), so it looks like the only reason they went that route was so the grandma and nurse could have that contrived "our boys are all we got moment" :snoop:
There wasn't one good takeaway from the entire episode.

I forgot to mention the other terrible scene where the dude is sitting in the "bad" detective's car and notices Q walking his dog... And then gets out the car and shows his face. I was so confused.

:dwillhuh:

I'm like so this dude doesn't care about anybody potentially noticing him talking to the cops like this?

:dahell:

Another unrealistic thing that's happened twice already in this show is how fast they are having the police respond to these shootings. Not just respond, but sweeping the area and shyt like it's a white suburb. The police are NOT doing that shyt or going the extra mile to catch shooters out here in the inner city

:mjlol:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Brandon gotta get tired of constantly being punked especially by his momma's boyfriend. He just need to grab a step stool so he can headbutt that nikka in the jaw. :pachaha:

Also, what's up with this nikka Reg chillin' with bytches in a kiddie pool in the middle of the living room? Better yet, why is this nikka naked in front of everyone (while those hoes still got on bikinis)? nikkas just standing there like that shyt is normal to them. :mindblown: I thought it was bad when Hammer was dapping nikkas up in a speedo during the Pumps & a Bump video but this shyt here though...:snoop:

Shoulda whooped his a$$ for taking his pistol...

But yeah between that scene and the other dude with the miniature dog, hanging upside down and his homie making a platter of peanut butter and banana sandwiches and retrieving the cell phone from nuts and in ep 3 saying he don’t need the old head to dome him off he “got that covered” ...
Shyt got weird.:huhldup: :hhh:

Ghetto Denizen

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Latest episode was a goddamn nosedive in writing quality compared to the 1st couple of episodes.

Another shyt episode like this and Im going to have to quit the show

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Latest episode was a goddamn nosedive in writing quality compared to the 1st couple of episodes.

Another shyt episode like this and Im going to have to quit the show

It was written so counterintuitively for the characters but still engaging to me... however I found myself frustrated with the writing ... started to tiptoe into “Lifetime Movie” territory.

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shoulda whooped his a$$ for taking his pistol...

But yeah between that scene and the other dude with the miniature dog, hanging upside down and his homie making a platter of peanut butter and banana sandwiches and retrieving the cell phone from nuts and in ep 3 saying he don’t need the old head to dome him off he “got that covered” ...
Shyt got weird.:huhldup: :hhh:
Yeah that didnt make any sense to me.

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brandon gotta get tired of constantly being punked especially by his momma's boyfriend. He just need to grab a step stool so he can headbutt that nikka in the jaw. :pachaha:

Also, what's up with this nikka Reg chillin' with bytches in a kiddie pool in the middle of the living room? Better yet, why is this nikka naked in front of everyone (while those hoes still got on bikinis)? nikkas just standing there like that shyt is normal to them. :mindblown: I thought it was bad when Hammer was dapping nikkas up in a speedo during the Pumps & a Bump video but this shyt here though...:snoop:
I'll be glad when Brandon throw them hands with him. IMO I think Brandon moms boyfriend going to pull another chick or cheat. Just a hunch I have.

I mean
After all he didnt even take time
To attend the funeral.

International S.

"He never had the makings of a varsity athlete"
Daps
Reppin
Portsmouth, VA
Living at another women's crib = One disagreement from getting kicked out at the drop of a hat. Eazy gon' learn today:ufdup:
Didn't even give the nikka a chance to explain.:childplease:
was thinking the same....Why she do Eazy like that
a simple I saw the guy that killed my brother when I left work, I just wanna protect us ...was all that needed to be said
if it was my brother who got off'd for nothing, Ronnie would be a memory...fukk that treasure troll looking bytch
oh yea ..shorty from the job would be on the "menu" after that shyt

Lil dude's older brother ...naked in the kiddie pool ass nikka...dude is like the black King Joffrey for me
every time I see him I wanna punch his face...

Eazy walking away from moms bf who stole the gun was some hoe shyt
dude been begging for the ass whoppin of a lifetime,
in fact the beating ronnie got, should've been remixed for dude

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a simple I saw the guy that killed my brother when I left work, I just wanna protect us ...was all that needed to be said
if it was my brother who got off'd for nothing, Ronnie would be a memory...fukk that treasure troll looking bytch

Lil dude's older brother ...naked in the kiddie pool ass nikka...dude is like the black King Joffrey for me

FACts

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
This last episode was weak on so many levels brehs

:snoop:

Just sloppy storytelling and very predictable. Some things that specifically didn't sit well with be while watching this...

• Brandon keeping the gun on him after Kevin shot Ronnie
  • Ronnie just casually saying, "yea I killed your brother" right before they started fighting
  • Numerous flashbacks to the fight/shooting when it was obvious Kevin had the gun on him after they revealed that it was his friend's brother's gun
  • Ronnie not going to the hospital
  • Brandon going to see Reg about losing the gun... Why?!
  • Reg asking Brandon how's his credit in that situation was comical
  • Reg designating his little brother to be a shooter because he lost his gun...What?
From a common sense perspective... This shyt was awful. I was like there's no way this nikka Brandon still has the burner on him when the police stopped him, lol. Sure enough... Not only does he have it on him, but there's literally no logical explanation for him not to get rid of it.

I wanted to rock with this show, but when the writing takes a shyt on common sense for the sake of entertainment and fukkery I stop taking taking it serious

:martin:........breh just watch the shyt. So far its been a pretty good show and is very realistic in regards to the events taking place.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps

It's probably going to happen. The "out of respect for his mom" reasoning is holding him back.

Can't stand those types of leachin' ass dudes. Bumming off a woman, and thinks he's calling the shots

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
show is off to a solid start. but the police response times are absurd. i aint never seen or heard of cops responding to shots fired that fast in my entire life.

not a report of shots fired, mind you. actual shots being fired.

you would think these kids are trying to assassinate the president the way police hit the scene in this show. shyt has been off since episode 1.:russ: