The Chi (Showtime) Official Season 1 Thread

KingsOfKings

π•„π•’π••π•π•šπ•“ π•šπ•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒π•₯
Daps
Took thrice dog :mjlol:

I hoping Brandon beat Old dude ass real soon.

Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
I take back everything I said earlier about this dumb show. It's so BAD and cringe worthy, you can tell this is definitely written in a female's point of view which is fine if it's done properly.

I mean I enjoyed shows like weeds with a female slant but the chi tries too hard to get away with a lot of stuff, you can tell the creator was given too much to do with not much experience of handling such a big project of story telling..

I am done with the show, I will just skim through the episodes from now on by fast forwarding and pausing just to see where it goes. I just can't take any of the scenes seriously anymore and a lot of the dialogue is really atrocious, I mean nobody talks like this in real life in chicago.

I still feel as though the scenes with the kids at school are a waste. That kiddy party scene was awful to watch in all honesty.

When Brandon and Reg's little brother went to go see Reg about the gun it was day time out still. When they finally arrived, it was night time with a party going on. :dahell:

:heh:

Still a dope show though.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I still feel as though the scenes with the kids at school are a waste. That kiddy party scene was awful to watch in all honesty.

When Brandon and Reg's little brother went to go see Reg about the gun it was day time out still. When they finally arrived, it was night time with a party going on. :dahell:

:heh:

Still a dope show though.
shyt reminded me of the Do The Urkle Dance episode from Family Matters.
:russ:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Don't feel like arguing all the points but why would dude go to the hospital? All gunshot wounds get police involved and he did kill someone pretty recently. That's a slippery slope of getting caught. I've seen u say this common sense thing in regards to other shows but u act like every person thinks like a trained serial killer or something. Clearly dude not really bout that street life and not everyone thinks like a psychopath when shyt goes down.
Ok and?...

How is him getting shot going to get him caught for the killing Coogie unless he gives the police a play by play of why he got shot. Which wouldn't happen.

And yes, I'm consistent when I watch any show. If there is shyt going on that just doesn't make sense then I bring it up. I'm not a street dude at all, but you don't have to be a street dude to realize that you shouldn't be walking around the streets with a gun that was just used to shoot somebody. You saying only psychopaths think this way?! He changes his shirt because he had blood on it, but doesn't think to lose the gun????

What makes that shyt so bad was that Brandon had no plan or reason for keeping the gun. I even tried to reason with the show, like, "Well maybe he kept the gun because he knew that Kevin had to give it back to Reg"... NOPE that wasn't even the case, because Kevin didn't tell him he needed the gun back or who's gun it was until AFTER they got away from the crime scene the next day. So that information completely killed any logical point for the dude to still be walking around with the gun. Find a man hole and toss it. Stash it anywhere... don't keep it! But for the show's purposes, they had him keep it for entertainment purposes. smh

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
My thoughts on tonight episode had to go back and watch it fully on the app cause i was caught Up with the Grammys. Still mad that Bruno Mars ol dancing ass won all them awards.

Rashomon Reference
Im surprised that noone in here has mentioned the Rashomon reference in this episode yet, which i thought was a neat tidbit if you are a fan of cinema and a fan of martial arts movies. You see this with Brandon, Ronnie and Kevin relaying they story thru flashbacks to the viewer. This technique was also seen in the movie Ghost Dog w/ Forest Whitaker. Its usually told from the perspective of 3 tales - two being false and one being the truth. It makes for a good spin, plot twist. so i thought this was dope.

The Crooked Cop & Thrice & The Haitian
after the last episode i had a feeling that the Cop that works with Cruz was involved after hacking up that homeless guy behind the phone. I see Thrice & The Haitian more than likely meeting up or a spin with Thrice & Ronnie as it pertains to this phone. Thrice although a big time dealer...he clearly isnt a person who knows how to mentally respond, but emotionally react (seen his reaction to Q swiping his pitbull and his reaction to the Cop asking him did he have a problem?) and we see he is a bit of a pushover its a sort of facade thats been built by depicting Thrice as this bad ass, but clearly not structure we see this with.....

Reg
I find Reg to be hella sloppy in terms of being a d-boy and not subtle in any way. Notice that he allows his runners to sling openly in board daylight which is careless. Also the statement he made in regards to them drinking lean. Sloppy. The gun more than likely has bodies on it and it getting lost (by Brandon due to his moms BF retrieving it) is a bad look. Recruiting his own brother Jake to be his shooter is bad as well given now that he is down and doing Reg bidding, Reg enemies now becomes Jake's enemies a sort of "sins of the father" situation. Reg is super sloppy, However i see Reg has a sort of image that he wants to depict and seen as. The Party just showed how egotistical he is. Im thinking a spin where he tries to overthrow Thrice. Like i stated before, I see a story spin with Q & Reg. Q move right around one of the traphouses Reg is over remember?

Brandon
Brandon should've toss the gun but i believe they are trying to show just how a person can think irrationally when they never been in that situation before. Its shows a sorta naivete with Brandon in regards to street smarts. We've seen it with 3 situations so far ( i could be missing some) : 1.) The Bicycle scene in that one episode was a glimpse into this as well with Kevin hustling Brandon. 2.) Going to a known d-boy house without any form of protection also shows this. 3.) Not tossing the gun. The gun situation imo stuck out like a sore thumb, but i understand it. It builds a bigger story. Although we spent this episode focusing on this i sort of want to see where it goes with Brandon in regards to the Restaurant Chick, His homey who went with him to go cop the gun. I think they could've intertwined that a bit in regards to Brandon and this episode.

Kevin Story
This goes back to what i was saying in regards to Kevin defending himself. and it was a sort of pattern we seen where he would retreat/defend. If the last story is True and Kevin did shoot Ronnie, i hope that Jake nor Kevin get loose lips and relay what happen with Ronnie to Poppa. Poppa is a good character he has some funny one-liners , but he gives me the impression he can't hold water. If this gets out that Kevin shot Ronnie ---- I have a hunch that Reg in his carelessness tries to recruit Kevin also.....Reg is just that damn stupid.

Ronnie
I think its cool to bring back Coogi character and show that what Ronnie did is weighing heavy on his conscience. Because of Ronnie being shot and him asking for painkillers and already being a alcoholic...bad bad recipe. We'll see if im right

Other Small Characters

Q needed a bigger story.....you mean to tell me throughout the entire episode we see you getting chicken scraps and chicken bones only to use some boldcutters & swipe Thrice's pitbull? I mean that it?

One thing i wish would've bee displayed is Common (Rafiq in the show) story as a Imam at the Mosque. I felt like his role could've been built up before his interaction with Ronnie. It was too soon imo and it sort of feel like he was threw in the mix. I know will see more of his character but it felt like he was threw in the mix at the last minute. Jerika is cute and all but her character isn't emotionally strong - you kick Brandon out without getting a story about the gun? I understand her perspective but still....this could be where the story angle of him and the chick at the restaurant develops ...remember the phone call for reservations after he was stop? Shes bound to raise question and with Jerika and him on the outs who knows. I see Brandon & his Moms BF taking a turn for the worse...friction is already there factor in the glock and its more fuel to the fire. Slapping the yogurt outta dudes hand is going to be one of the many things we soon will see with them.

The Grandmother
is skilled in displaying whatever emotion she is trying to convey. The house party was cool and cheesy at the same time but its believable. I was 12 once. I wish we would've gotten more from certain characters this episode : Andreas cousin - even though she annoys me wouldve been perfect for the house party scene, Keisha, Emmitt (Singer Jacob Lattimore) - who wasn't in this episode probably cause Jacob Lattimore was touring i believe, I want more from Emmitts mom too. We always see her interlock with Ronnie Grandmother & Emmitt and his baby mama drama story, she needs a story or her character becomes stagnant. Same with the oldhead that run the chicken place....we just know he is Q's brother and fry chicken in that nasty looking chicken grease.

Last edited:
Daps
Don't feel like arguing all the points but why would dude go to the hospital? All gunshot wounds get police involved and he did kill someone pretty recently. That's a slippery slope of getting caught. I've seen u say this common sense thing in regards to other shows but u act like every person thinks like a trained serial killer or something. Clearly dude not really bout that street life and not everyone thinks like a psychopath when shyt goes down.

Umm to stay alive. :heh:

Hood nikkas wit no insurance go to ERs all the time with bullet wounds. He been around the block, he know all he got to do is say someone tried to rob him and he didn't see his face. He had absolutely no reason to be afraid of getting locked up for getting shot. Plus he's a CI, so he had that card to play if needed.

Then on the flipside the nurse really risked her whole livelihood for this dude?:comeon:
She coulda got caught getting those supplies or dude coulda died anyways in which case she'd have to explain why she didn't call for an ambulance.

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
Rashomon Reference
Im surprised that noone in here has mentioned the Rashomon reference in this episode yet, which i thought was a neat tidbit if you are a fan of cinema and a fan of martial arts movies. You see this with Brandon, Ronnie and Kevin relaying they story thru flashbacks to the viewer. This technique was also seen in the movie Ghost Dog w/ Forest Whitaker. Its usually told from the perspective of 3 tales - two being false and one being the truth. It makes for a good spin, plot twist. so i thought this was dope.
:ohhh:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Umm to stay alive. :heh:

Hood nikkas wit no insurance go to ERs all the time with bullet wounds. He been around the block, he know all he got to do is say someone tried to rob him and he didn't see his face. He had absolutely no reason to be afraid of getting locked up for getting shot. Plus he's a CI, so he had that card to play if needed.

Then on the flipside the nurse really risked her whole livelihood for this dude?:comeon:
She coulda got caught getting those supplies or dude coulda died anyways in which case she'd have to explain why she didn't call for an ambulance.
So he talked to his cop buddy and already knows he pretty much knows wat he did but thinks he's just gonna be able to say "I got robbed and didnt see his face" when he inevitably shows up? If this is the case hundreds of movies are trash because this trope happens A LOT but most ppl :manny: it. Now it's such a big deal. I agree on the nurse chick tho, no matter how much guilt the grandma put on I would've nvr agreed to it.

EffedUp

Pugs get lonely too...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincinnati, OH
Brandon gotta get tired of constantly being punked especially by his momma's boyfriend. He just need to grab a step stool so he can headbutt that nikka in the jaw. :pachaha:

Also, what's up with this nikka Reg chillin' with bytches in a kiddie pool in the middle of the living room? Better yet, why is this nikka naked in front of everyone (while those hoes still got on bikinis)? nikkas just standing there like that shyt is normal to them. :mindblown: I thought it was bad when Hammer was dapping nikkas up in a speedo during the Pumps & a Bump video but this shyt here though...:snoop:

Daps
So he talked to his cop buddy and already knows he pretty much knows wat he did but thinks he's just gonna be able to say "I got robbed and didnt see his face" when he inevitably shows up? If this is the case hundreds of movies are trash because this trope happens A LOT but most ppl :manny: it. Now it's such a big deal. I agree on the nurse chick tho, no matter how much guilt the grandma put on I would've nvr agreed to it.

Without a cooperating witness, cops ain't gonna waste their time trying to figure out who shot him a park at night. They got cases with actual leads to chase.

What really grinds my gears about that unrealistic shyt is that it was completely unnecessary to the plot. The cop he's snitching for found out he got shot anyways (in another ridiculous scene, btw), so it looks like the only reason they went that route was so the grandma and nurse could have that contrived "our boys are all we got moment" :snoop:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
@GoldenGlove
@Todd2012

Yeah I feel what y’all are sayin... that last episode got weird tho... start feelin some real neo feminist undertones and subtle black male emasculation in that shyt ... and the characters are tooooo naive ... there’s an agenda here but ima rock with it and see this shyt play out.