“The Chi” Official Season 6 watch thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Bakari keeps talking about Cougie but I don’t even remember who tf that is
Brandon’s (Jason Mitchell) brother. Dude wasn’t even in the show beyond the first few minutes of the first episode when he gets killed :dead:

They talk about him more than Brandon or Reg, actual characters for two seasons :dead:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
-Fouda need to go man.
-i feel like Emmett keep getting played to the left
-Esquire mad cuz he was getting syrup and jelly time in jail
-Say Preachers wife....I hear you like 'em young...
-Sarah want that soul pole. :ehh:
-Lala want that soul pole :ehh:
-Vjc Mensa was down with the Roc?:scusthov:

Last edited:

premier58

All Star
Daps
Emmett's character has become so unlikeable/not respectable. He is a simp of rhe highest order, we saw that with Tiff. Now he is simping for fast ass Keisha. Who has been with 4 men on the show(kidnappers/rapist) excluded. Why does he resent his brother so much? Youre mad at Nuck, but you chose and are choosing to be with a female like her. Be mad at yourself.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Emmett's character has become so unlikeable/not respectable. He is a simp of rhe highest order, we saw that with Tiff. Now he is simping for fast ass Keisha. Who has been with 4 men on the show(kidnappers/rapist) excluded. Why does he resent his brother so much? Youre mad at Nuck, but you chose and are choosing to be with a female like her. Be mad at yourself.

If i were Emmett i wouldn’t be able to shake the feeling that Keisha was trying to be spiteful having him around. It’s like maybe she’s trying to get payback for having to be a blended family with Tiff or something because why does this gang banger need to be in my house and family dinners everyday? :snoop:

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pay somebody 30K to spy on an underling but get mad when they report back the underling ain't up to shyt brehs.

Wasn't Rakatari already not speaking to his sister? I mean since he got slapped up about writing a book by Douda after only telling her......I thought he put 2 and 2 together? He gave her the cold shoulder at the party that 1 time. Why is this nikka acting like he just finding out from Lynae? And how did Lynae get this job? Seriously I wanna know. If you didn't notice her tryna emote facially to get the girls to tell her who told them about Atari, please go back and rewatch now for a good laugh. That shyt was cringeworthy. She looked like a fukkin psycho. She makes North West look like a young Kirsten Dunst.

This shyt reminds me of the soaps my mom used to watch. Endless characters. A million storylines. They've intro'd or re-intro'd a new character just about every episode. We needed evil janitor Jackie Long to play foil to Emmitt's brother? At what point did y'all decide to make Emmitt's brother an ex knuckle head? Cuz the wardrobe and writing departments didn't get the memo. They still dress him like Urkel and write his lines like Kid in House Party.

Um...was Nina and Tracy cool like this when Nina son saw Ronnie kill Cougie basically on tracy's orders? That put Kev thru a lot. I wonder if they ever talked about it? And I wonder if Emmitt's mom ever told her bestie Nina she caught her daughter fukking her son in her house? Again. Something like that might come up among best friends. Or not, but oh well!

Lil Murdette does interpretive dancing on somebody stage in somebody theater somewhere. She can't turn that damn face and bright smile down! The neck tattoo aint enough, she looks like a really nice, cool chick. I bet her stories entertain the fukk outta deaf kids. Like they cry when she leave type shyt.

Lol at expanding pastor Jeff Teague character. He came in as a heel now we see he has marital struggles, resists temptations of the flesh, and is really just ambitious. They can gtfoh with this.

They tryna expand the alderman's chief of staff role and it looks ridiculous. 1st of all how much would the chief of staff of a fukking alderman even make?? And why can't you be replaced by a college intern??

If y'all look closely Zesty Zay is actually a skinny Poppa. Them dudes could be related as well.

What was the purpose of Lynn and Shad rolling up on Douda last ep...and not killing him? Can someone help me with what that scene was about? Were there ramifications about it this episode? Is that what Kandi is supposed to be suddenly worried about this nikka for?

Vic Mensa was mumbling like a MF and I didn't bother to have my subtitles on. Fukk him and Lala was talking about?

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
:dead: I just started this season. I know Shad ain’t bout to bust Lynn Whitfields old bougie ass down
Breh living the broke nikka's fairy tale
Um...was Nina and Tracy cool like this when Nina son saw Ronnie kill Cougie basically on tracy's orders? That put Kev thru a lot. I wonder if they ever talked about it? And I wonder if Emmitt's mom ever told her bestie Nina she caught her daughter fukking her son in her house? Again. Something like that might come up among best friends.

Lol at expanding pastor Jeff Teague character. He came in as a heel now we see he has marital struggles, resists temptations of the flesh, and is really just ambitious. They can gtfoh with this.
The irony here is Jada and Dre were originally besties. Dre hiding Jada's cancer diagnosis from Nina ultimately led to Nina cheating with Da Brat, which helped end her marriage with Jada's bff. On the last note, I think introducing a full blown Becky/Karen has to be one of the last unchecked things on the "pandering to Black folk" bingo card.

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
What was the purpose of Lynn and Shad rolling up on Douda last ep...and not killing him? Can someone help me with what that scene was about? Were there ramifications about it this episode? Is that what Kandi is supposed to be suddenly worried about this nikka for?
To pander to the shea butter, Twitter femi-nazi demographic by including the "never send a boy to do a woman's job" line :unimpressed:

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
:dead: Shad had Douda dead to rights and didn’t do shyt. As a matter of fact how tf did him and his suga mama get the drop on Douda so easily.

nikka supposed to be a crime boss and the corpse of Lynn Whitfield and dusty Jason Weaver just waltzed on in

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
You can tell lala on the beetus drugs, ozempic face

These chics just be putting anything in their bodies
Lala is an example of how some women don’t grow out of insecurity. She been doing procedures for decades trying to keep up with whatever the reigning “bad bytch” aesthetic is. I guess it don’t help how Melo dogged her out, but bytch, settle on a look and chill

Last edited: