The Chase For The Real Stanley Cup: 2024 Cup Playoffs Thread

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps

@2Quik4UHoes
@CantStop
@10bandz

The transcendent spirit of Kobe eternally lives on, inspiring athletes in other sports.

Oilers got that killer instinct/Mamba mentality baby!

Last edited:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Lol if Panthers blow this fukking series. To lose in the finals in such a fashion would be the most embarrassing thing ever. Like yeah I remember few teams came back from 0-3 but never in the finals. That game 7 will have big time ratings.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Lol if Panthers blow this fukking series. To lose in the finals in such a fashion would be the most embarrassing thing ever. Like yeah I remember few teams came back from 0-3 but never in the finals. That game 7 will have big time ratings.

The thing is as well Oilers were dead after game 3. They could barely score or solve Bobrovsky. Even after that 8 goals in game 4 I was expecting them to get killed game 5

Destiny this is a team that was the worst NHL team after 12 games then won 16 in a row down 3-0 I never ever ever thought this would be possible

Play la Bamba

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Gonna be interesting to see what happens & if there's any long term effects if the panthers lose. Can't be good for team morale losing two straight finals. Not to mention the fanbase. It being a heavily fairweather based area. They would need to continue to have as close to equal success as possible. Their attendance has been higher last two years cuz they were winning but that could change.

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
The thing is as well Oilers were dead after game 3. They could barely score or solve Bobrovsky. Even after that 8 goals in game 4 I was expecting them to get killed game 5

Destiny this is a team that was the worst NHL team after 12 games then won 16 in a row down 3-0 I never ever ever thought this would be possible

Play la Bamba

Actually, I’ll argue that 3rd period in Game 3 when Oilers scored 2 goals to make a 4-3 game is what woke up the Oilers imo. They have dominated since then and Knoblauch has out coached and adjusted much better than Maurice has. The bottom line is Oilers speed has made the Panthers tentative and led to bad puck management and odd man rushes.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Gonna be interesting to see what happens & if there's any long term effects if the panthers lose. Can't be good for team morale losing two straight finals. Not to mention the fanbase. It being a heavily fairweather based area. They would need to continue to have as close to equal success as possible. Their attendance has been higher last two years cuz they were winning but that could change.

:mjlol:
Fanbase?

Soldier

Daps
the panthers heavy/aggressive forecheck game is leading to odd man and breakaway rushes for Edmonton, who are now burying their chances, they are much more opportunistic now than earlier in the finals. This happened early in the series, but the Oilers were shooting lower on Bobrovsky, who bailed them out.

Elite Speed and elite skill combined together is a killer duo and the oilers have both of them in spades. Oilers are much more deeper on offense than advertised too.
Actually, I’ll argue that 3rd period in Game 3 when Oilers scored 2 goals to make a 4-3 game is what woke up the Oilers imo. They have dominated since then and Knoblauch has out coached and adjusted much better than Maurice has. The bottom line is Oilers speed has made the Panthers tentative and led to bad puck management and odd man rushes.
I will say this again: Florida I think is jet-lagged from all this travel and 2 hour time changes. They’re not used to flying hours on end back and forth practically across the continent, unlike Edmonton. Flying back and forth to LA (even though it was one trip there and back) and then to Dallas benefitted them. Florida had to go up and down the east coast, that’s it. The longer this series went, the more it would favour the Oilers just based off the long travel alone.

In their run to the finals, during the first three rounds, The Oilers traveled to Los Angeles, Vancouver and Dallas. And the Panthers traveled to Tampa Bay, Boston and New York City.

Also, The Panthers have already tried to fight back and like I said, it wouldn’t be enough. Unfortunately, Maurice doesn’t think his EXPOSED system requires changing. They will play the same way and hope for a different result, cause it’s the only game they learned how to play all year. Too late to change anything now. Team is not prepared for it. They haven’t learned to adapt to new situations. They have been on auto pilot all season.

The Oilers need only to play their same game. Continue exposing that hard Florida forecheck with quick outlets. Continue outskating and outpacing them. Continue with high execution rush offence. Solid knob defence to support goaltender Stuart Skinner. Continue their elite special teams play. And the Stanley cup will be theirs.

Last edited:

Soldier

Daps
When they first announced the firing of Woodcroft and hiring of Knoblauch, I wasn’t sure a raw rookie NHL coach was going to be the answer. But I quickly saw how intelligent of a coach he is. He immediately reminded me of Jon Cooper, the Tampa Bay Lightning coach, like Cooper, Knoblauch is just a brilliant mind at reading the other team and figuring out how to exploit their system and players. He plays chess not checkers. He’s outcoached Paul Maurice so far. I wonder why and how he wasn’t nominated for the Jack Adams trophy this season, considering the Oilers were 2-9-1 when he took over after Ken Holland (the oilers general manager ) fired Jay Woodcroft. Under Knoblauch the Oilers won 16 games in row soon after his hiring, and finished the season with something like a .720 winning percentage. It is nothing short of incredible but also a massive snub for coach of the year.

Play la Bamba

Last edited:

Soldier

Daps
Exactly. :russ:

We not into hockey like y'all up there in Canada. The teams success just what's been helping them lately. Same went for the Marlins during their championship seasons.
What’s the professional sports hierarchy/ranking in Miami/south Florida? I’m asking about which teams the actual locals who live in the city/area fukk with. The born and raised Miami folks, not the tourists/transplants.

Heat, dolphins, panthers, inter Miami CF( Messi!) marlins, college football/basketball, etc

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
When they first announced the firing of Woodcroft and hiring of Knoblauch, I wasn’t sure a raw rookie NHL coach was going to be the answer. But I quickly saw how intelligent of a coach he is. He immediately reminded me of Jon Cooper, the Tampa Bay Lightning coach, like Cooper, Knoblauch is just a brilliant mind at reading the other team and figuring out how to exploit their system and players. He plays chess not checkers. He’s outcoached Paul Maurice so far. I wonder why and how he wasn’t nominated for the Jack Adams trophy this season, considering the Oilers were 2-9-1 when he took over after Ken Hollande (the oilers general manager ) fired Jay Woodcroft. Under Knoblauch the Oilers won 16 games in row soon after his hiring, and finished the season with something like a .720 winning percentage. It is nothing short of incredible but also a massive snub for coach of the year.
Rick Tocchet had the Canucks playing better than ANYBODY predicted. Most people didn't have them in the playoffs let alone winning the division over Edmonton.