The Champs Escape The Beam & Now Face The King's New Regime! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Warriors (#6) WCSF Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

I've been calling this play out all series.

Anthony Davis just hangs out in the paint and let's Klay get this shot 9 times out of 10, and I can't understand it. It's like, do you not watch film????

The Warriors CONSTANTLY run this play, and for some reason, Davis hangs low in the paint, trying to guard Draymond like he's a threat to score the basketball. If AD recognizes the screen, all he has to do is step up, and Klay is neutralized. He can't take anyone off the dribble and he's not a great passer.

Fortunately Schroder is the best on-ball defender we have and can recognize this occasionally, but there's a reason the centers run this screen, and it's Davis' reluctance to step out to the shooter.

Just bad basketball IQ for a great defender.

Daps
According to Warriors fans, AD should've had free reign to stomp on his chest there :sas1:
Was Klay bytching about how dirty this play was after the game, I wonder? :sas2:
Meanwhile, an even more egregious leg pull doesn't even get called a flagrant -

:sas1:

Moody's paled in comparison, and was more incidental than anything else. Schroder tries to blatantly yank Dray's leg out its socket.

:sas2:

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts
As an unbiased watcher who doesn’t care….LA having nearly 40 free throws while GS has half of that is ridiculous. LA fans would be tight if that was reversed. Hopefully GS gets 30 FT shots one game while LA gets 9 FT shots so they can see how it feels.
Who's going to drive enough to generate 30 ftas? Lakeshow was also less aggressive on the O-boards so no loose ball fouls leading to early penalty. How yall getting 30 fts?

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
@Gil Scott-Heroin is losing his shyt in this thread

Stop crying, muhfukka. This is how the Lakers play and have played. They draw a lot of fouls and shoot free throws. None of their stars spam threes like GS; it's not even close. Go find a game where Lakers' main stars have a combined 30 or 40 attempts from three.

This crybaby shyt is hilarious. I bet you even the Warriors players aren't bytching like some of y'all
The irony here is that these crybaby ass warriors stans are trying to draw some correlation to the difference in FT disparity the Lakers have accumulated since the “LeBron apology” yet LeBrons FTA actually decreased after that game :mjlol: These goofy ass nikkas can’t even get their narratives right …it’s embarrassing seeing them behave this way TBH

1641-DBB6-73-A4-47-DA-A579-282-FC21-CE519.jpg

D90-BA6-CC-3-B15-47-C9-86-CE-314927935-AE1.jpg

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:duck:

I been peeped all the posts you dapping on here :pachaha:

I used to be an ardent LeBron hater. Then I realized I don’t really hate him. I hate his stans. Y’all really are the worst. If we could obliterate his stans from the Earth, I’d be fine with LeBron getting #5 :ehh:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
As an unbiased watcher who doesn’t care….LA having nearly 40 free throws while GS has half of that is ridiculous. LA fans would be tight if that was reversed. Hopefully GS gets 30 FT shots one game while LA gets 9 FT shots so they can see how it feels.
Seems like lakers are looking more for the drive & contact creation than GSW though.

Daps
I'm still :dead: that chart about Lakers getting more free throws since the refs "apologized"

One of the worst posts ever
I don't know how you get "one of the worst posts ever" out of a statistical fact of their FT disparity.

That Tatum foul on Bron was one of the biggest talking points at the time. That no doubt sparked a more concerted effort on the refs' part to look for fouls committed on the Lakers. Of course, it's not the entire reason, but there would've been a domino effect with the rest of the team, where they played to look for contact more than they did before (human nature for the refs and the team alike to start playing to the fouls).

It's hardly a coincidence not too long after that Reaves started getting a superstar whistle, pulling out every trick in the book to get foul calls. I'll ask you the same thing I asked that coward @Rhakim - if Reaves was Black and on another team other than the Lakers, would he still be getting calls like that?

He averaged between 6-7 FT from when he returned early in Feb until the end of the season. Comparable to Fox, Jokic, Harden and Booker.

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
I don't know how you get "one of the worst posts ever" out of a statistical fact of their FT disparity.

That Tatum foul on Bron was one of the biggest talking points at the time. That no doubt sparked a more concerted effort on the refs' part to look for fouls committed on the Lakers. Of course, it's not the entire reason, but there would've been a domino effect with the rest of the team, where they played to look for contact more than they did before (human nature for the refs and the team alike to start playing to the fouls).

It's hardly a coincidence not too long after that Reaves started getting a superstar whistle, pulling out every trick in the book to get foul calls. I'll ask you the same thing I asked that coward @Rhakim - if Reaves was Black and on another team other than the Lakers, would he still be getting calls like that?

He averaged between 6-7 FT from when he returned early in Feb until the end of the season. Comparable to Fox, Jokic, Harden and Booker.
My bro..you a knowledgeable basketball head, so I won't say you speaking gibberish on the game.

But trying to connect that missed call with/to the refs being somehow more favorable towards the Lakers or/and getting more free throws during the last stretch of the season is fukkin ridiculous :dead:

Never mind the trades and the fact that they were literally fighting for a playoff spot…plus AD coming back, who gives you 10 more free throws per game.

You need to do better…of course refs miss calls and pull some bullshyt during games…but I will never blame them unless it's obviously some rigged shyt

Lakers just a bad matchup for this GS team. They have been beating them for a few years now. Going back to that play-in game

Game 4 will be dope

Last edited:
Daps
My bro..you a knowledgeable basketball head, so I won't say you speaking gibberish on the game.

But trying to connect that missed call with the refs being somehow more favorable towards the Lakers and getting more free throws during this last stretch of the season.

Never mind the trades and the fact that they were literally fighting for a playoff spot…

You need to do better…of course refs miss calls and pull some bullshyt during games…but I will never blame them unless it's obviously some rigged shyt

Lakers just a bad matchup for this GS team..
You say the trades and fighting for a playoff spot as if it was something remotely isolated to the Lakers, and not what a number of teams also did by trading for players and fighting to get into the playoffs. How come they all didn't benefit from the same sort of a favorable whistle, in relation? How come they didn't have their own undrafted white boy who was getting a superstar whistle?

I don't think you're really thinking this through and are quick on the defensive because you're protecting your mans.

I've been pointing out the officiating as it concerns the Lakers for months now. I watched it in real time. I watched the contrast of it in comparison to the rest of the league. It's a real thing. This series is just an extreme of what's been happening for a while now.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
At least @King Eros is from The Bay, I think he from somewhere offbrand like Antioch or something though 😆.
That was lightweight funny. I'm east bay and used to live down the street from Oracle.

I did think it was a lil weird when you was trying to pinpoint my addy a few weeks back, so I was purposely vague.

:whoa:

Antioch is too gangsta for me. I'ma husband and father now. L7 life.