The Champs Escape The Beam & Now Face The King's New Regime! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Warriors (#6) WCSF Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Like I said you was milk box status :mjlol:

Go just one week further back dumbass, I didn't post in there after the Game 1 win against Memphis or the Game 3 win against Memphis either. There's no "pattern" of disappearing after wins when I didn't come into the thread after wins just as often as losses. :deadrose:

You just wasted twenty minutes of your life going through my history, taking screen shots, and scribbling them on paint to claim I had a "pattern" of not posting after losses when it took ONE LINE to show that I just plain don't post at all after half of the playoff games, win or loss.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Go just one week further back dumbass, I didn't post in there after the Game 1 win against Memphis or the Game 3 win against Memphis either. There's no "pattern" of only posting after wins when I've skipped just as many wins as losses. :deadrose:

You just wasted twenty minutes of your life going through my history, taking screen shots, and scribbling them on paint to claim I had a "pattern" of not posting after losses when it took ONE LINE to show that I just plain don't post at all after half of the playoff games, win or loss.

This nigha juelzing :mjlol:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
This is hilarious coming from you considering -

And this is before we take into account you following Bron from team-to-team (we can add the Heat and Cavs to these teams).

Stop with the projection, please, nxgga.

I've always maintained I'm a Steph guy; I've never claimed to be a Warriors fan.

shyt, if you knew what you were talking about you'd know I've had beef with Warriors fans for a couple of years now (word to @Bay Area) about the direction of the team and shytting on guys like Wiseman. I told them I have no loyalties to the squad. There are even fans of the team that put me on ignore because of it. I even said I hoped Steph demanded a trade outta there earlier in the season.

This is what happens when you try to post on shyt you don't know about. You're only deflecting to keep the heat off yourself.
None of this shyt is a deflection from me dog, and this is what I mean with you taking this board too seriously. There's nothing about an online website that is heavy enough to make me want to deflect 😆 I live a real life and have lived a life too real to have my identity wrapped into a message board. I won't accuse you of that bit that's what it definitely looks like, your identity as a person is wrapped on this board...

My fandom of certain athletes and my fairweather support of certain teams isn't a secret, so that's nothing to deflect from, I put that shyt out voluntarily 🤣 I've explained this, just because I know I'm not the only brother like this, but I'm the only brother up front about it. And I have a history with any team I support, I didn't pick up any of these squads as an adult...

•I'm from Sacramento. I like the Kings. But my very first player I ever stanned was Kobe, and the very first team I ever supported was the Lakers. I became a Kings fan 2-3 years later but was still a Kobe Stan...

•we moved to Los Angeles and its easy to get swept up in Laker Mania in LA...

•the very first football team I rooted for was the Titans because I liked the colors and I was a Jevon Kearse fan. I'm still a Titan to this day, my team loyalty is probably greater in football. I was Raiders fan next because Charles Woodson was my favorite player (he's my favorite athlete period) and in NorCal lines are split among Niner and Raider loyalties...

I wouldn't call myself a Raider "fan" today so much as a casual supporter, I still like to see them do well though and if they ain't playing the Titans I'm rooting for their success...

•we moved east and landed in Virginia during Peak Iverson popularity. He was a fukking icon in VA, I got swept up in it, rooted for the Sixers, still like to see them do well. Same era became a Virginia Tech fan because of Vick for the same reasons, still like the Hokies to do well...

•Virginia is Skins turf, when I started playing football I was in VA and I got the nickname "Champ" playing cornerback like Champ Bailey right before they traded him to Denver. I been a Skins fan since '03 and I'm still a Skins fan. Wizards I just like when they good...

•now I'm in NC and I'm a casual supporter of The Pack, Panthers, Hornets, want them to do well but I'm not a diehard of either...

I've said all this before and don't mind repeating it periodically. I got ties and history with every team I support, and shout out to you, I missed where you've verified yourself as more a Steph guy than Warrior guy...

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
This nigha juelzing :mjlol:

From April 16 to April 29, I only have four comments total in that thread, and only 1 of them even related to a game.

You were so afraid to debate me on the free throw discrepancy that you're wasted the last hour of your life claiming I only post after wins when everyone else in here knows that I haven't even posted in the team thread at all after most games, wins or losses, other than to make fun of Golden State stans whining.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
From April 16 to April 29, I only have four comments total in this thread, and only 1 of them even related to a game.

You were so afraid to debate me on the free throw discrepancy that you're wasted the last hour of your life claiming I only post after wins when everyone else in here knows that I haven't even posted in the team thread at all after most games, wins or losses, other than to make fun of Golden State stans whining.

Keep the juelz going :umad:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Keep the juelz going :umad:

I'm juelzing? This discussion wasn't even about my posting, it was about why the Lakers kill your ass at the free throw line. You got owned so badly on that one that your had to deflect to my posting habits, got caught lying there too, so now all you got is smiileys.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I'm juelzing? This discussion wasn't even about my posting, it was about why the Lakers kill your ass at the free throw line. You got owned so badly on that one that your had to deflect to my posting habits, got caught lying there too, so now all you got is smiileys.

Again you decide to show up after a lakers win and milk box after they loss… You got called on it..

We can debate the generational whistle all day.. I been saying it since after game 1… but I’ll debate it with LWO brehs who don’t run from the grind.. :umad:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Again you decide to show up after a lakers win

Already proved I didn't post at all after multiple Laker wins.

and milk box after they loss… You got called on it..

Already proved that I was debating with YOU after the loss.

We can debate the generational whistle all day.. I been saying it since after game 1… but I’ll debate it with LWO brehs who don’t run from the grind..

You're admitting to everyone here that you're scared of me.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Already proved I didn't post at all after multiple Laker wins.

Already proved that I was debating with YOU after the loss.

You're just proving to literally everyone here that you're scared of me.

I literally proved you ran from the grind yet you saying I’m scared of you? :mjlol:

The audacity of the nikka here

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I literally proved you ran from the grind yet you saying I’m scared of you? :mjlol:

The audacity of the nikka here

No, you proved I didn't post in ONE thread after ONE loss when I was able to turn around and show that I didn't post there after most games, win or loss. No one there @'d me, so what was I running from?

And you ignored the other thread after that exact same loss where I came in to embarrass your ass on that same subject.

You're pathetic. I'll stop here cause there's no one else left to prove that to.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dray gets a lot of leeway with the officials with how he speaks to them. I'll never contest that. A lot of the time he needs to just STFU because he ain't changing their minds.

However, what's different here is, how they actually allowed him to play defense in Game 2 (which would be no different to a regular playoff game against another opponent) is different to the fouls they're calling him for in Games 1 and 3. And it doesn't just apply to him, it applies to the Warriors squad, as a whole.

I don't know how one game can be 16 to 17 FTs (Game 2)
then in another game it can can be 29 to 6 FTs at one point (Game 1)
and then in another game it can be 37 to 9 FTs at one point (Game 3).

One game where the FTs are relatively even (which reflects how evenly the game was called), but the other two games, there's a mammoth margin between the two. Nobody can tell me three games within succession of each other, between the same two teams, all within a week, can have that greater disparity of foul calls.

Quite clearly there's some drastic difference in how those games are being officiated. The officiating should be that volatile.
Respect.

Heres a question though, if 2 teams play a vastly different style of basketball should we "expect" the calls to be "even" both ways?

The warriors lead the nba in 3pt attempts this past season with 43 attempts a game. The lakers were 25th in the league with 31 attempts.

On the flip side, the lakers were 1st in the league in free thrpw attempts at 27 a game. The warriors were dead last 20.

I type all of that to say this, if free throw attempts between both teams were not favoring the Lakers, wouldnt that suggest that calls are "right" in favoring LA, versus FTs being relatively equal which could suggest a bias in favor of the warriors .

Daps
Respect.

Heres a question though, if 2 teams play a vastly different style of basketball should we "expect" the calls to be "even" both ways?

The warriors lead the nba in 3pt attempts this past season with 43 attempts a game. The lakers were 25th in the league with 31 attempts.

On the flip side, the lakers were 1st in the league in free thrpw attempts at 27 a game. The warriors were dead last 20.

I type all of that to say this, if free throw attempts between both teams were not favoring the Lakers, wouldnt that suggest that calls are "right" in favoring LA, versus FTs being relatively equal which could suggest a bias in favor of the warriors .
I think a better question would be, if you've watched Games 1, 2 and 3, what do you believe was the most evenly-officiated game?

The majority of non-fans of either team would agree it's comfortably Game 2.

To that point about the calls favoring LA during the regular season and then it needing to be reflected in the playoffs, that doesn't necessarily mean that LA actually deserves to have those calls in their favor, that's just how they've been officiated. I mean, we all saw the noise around Reaves and how he was getting a superstar whistle during the latter part of the season, and it being quite the anomaly. If he wasn't white and was instead drafted to a team like the Hornets, do you think he'd be getting the same whistle?

The Lakers' getting a favorable whistle has been a [controversial] topic of discussion well before this series began, so it's not like folks haven't already commented on the nature of it.

You watched Game 3, right? You weren't alarmed at the calls/non-calls in the first half?

I mean, when you have fans of other teams running in here posting about it, surely it raises alarm bells.