The Champs Escape The Beam & Now Face The King's New Regime! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Warriors (#6) WCSF Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
@Rhakim still lying huh? Look at how yall on Twitter, thecoli, YouTube, tiktoc etc etc crying like babies about the refs. As a Lakers fan I've never in my entire life seen a fanbase cry about refs like yall have. And this is coming from someone who been around kings fans in 02. Yall are just fukking pathetic. The Warriors might be the most popular team in the league with possibly the most popular player in league. But yes the league has some secret agenda against yall. Straight fukking pathetic.
You really gonna take a post out of context which was made after Game 1 where @Rhakim is blatantly lying?

The league having some "secret agenda" against GS and calling out the disparity in fouls called (and not called) are two different things.

Just because the latter is being argued doesn't mean to say it's because of the former. Anyone that's being honest with themselves can acknowledge just how ridiculous the officiating was in Game 3 -- it doesn't have to be some secret agenda against GS. Lakers have been getting a favorable whistle for months now, so it's not just isolated to this series. It just looks more egregious now given the context of what's happening.

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
:dead: :dead: :dead:

- Looney's left arm is literally up in the air, how could you mistake that for pushing off?
- Lonnie literally took out Poole's leg, what the fukk do you mean they don't call it from the angle Lonnie had? I've seen Reaves get a foul called for that earlier in the season, on even less contact, only because he exaggerated what happened.

Come on now @VegasCAC, you know you're being ridiculous here.

One is clearly a foul, and the other isn't.
One arm is on AD and pushes, think it’s the right actually. When he’s in midair. Which is why he flies. Looney pushes and pulls all game, on almost every live ball play. Not surprised they call one every once in a while.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
@Rhakim still lying huh? Look at how yall on Twitter, thecoli, YouTube, tiktoc etc etc crying like babies about the refs. As a Lakers fan I've never in my entire life seen a fanbase cry about refs like yall have. And this is coming from someone who been around kings fans in 02. Yall are just fukking pathetic. The Warriors might be the most popular team in the league with possibly the most popular player in league. But yes the league has some secret agenda against yall. Straight fukking pathetic.
Fam, their crying even infiltrated major media networks after the Kings were getting more free throws than them and cooking them. Guys like Klay and Draymond embody their entitled and pretentious ass fanbase. Spoiled and entitled and they always expect everything to go their way. They’re the worse fanbase of a team with a winning history that I’ve ever seen. Most of them don’t know the game and it’s always everyone else’s fault. Where we all this crying when suddenly one of the top teams in the league in free throw attempts started getting 0 free throws in an entire half of basketball with Fox and Sabonis on their team? The Lakers need to cook these hoes and end their era. Steph is an all time great and I can never hate on him but these dudes are the biggest hoes I’ve ever seen. Their Twitter spaces sound like gentrification and they tell the Warriors fans who know ball and critique the team to STFU.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The purpose of officiating is to call the game fair and down the middle.

You don't have the slightest clue what "fair and down the middle" officiating would be though. ALL of your complaints have centered around the # of calls. You don't seem to realize.

a) Golden State led the league in 3pt attempts, but was the worst team in the entire NBA in free throw attempts
b) Los Angeles was 25th in the NBA in 3pt attempts, but was the best team in the entire NBA in free throw attempts

c) Golden State was the 6th worst team in the entire NBA in giving up free throws this year
d) Los Angeles was the best team in the entire NBA in not giving up free throws this year

e) Starting at the beginning of February, when AD came back, Reeves came back, and Westbrook/Beverley were ditched for D-Lo, Vandy, and Rui, the Lakers became even MORE dominant in free throw differential than their season average indicates.

Of COURSE the free throws are going to be wild disparate, dumbass. The worst team at getting to the line in the entire NBA is playing the best team at keeping fools off the line. The best team in the NBA at getting to the line is playing the 6th worst team at keeping players off the line.

It's a perfect storm that never happens, where the team that's absolutely dominate on both sides of the disparity is facing the team that's useless on both sides. If the game is refereed fairly, you're going to have a massive disparity in every single game. The Warriors will attempt to make up for it by being much better at 3pt shooting. It's how they play.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
For what it's worth, before game 3, Coach Ham was asked how his team generates their generational free throw disparity.

"Show your hands" drills and "attacking the paint" 🤷🏾‍♂️

(timestamped)

Daps
One arm is on AD and pushes, think it’s the right actually. When he’s in midair. Which is why he flies. Looney pushes and pulls all game, on almost every live ball play. Not surprised they call one every once in a while.
There's literally no evidence in that clip of Looney pushing him.

Like zero.

You'll even see AD's body keep it's same form as he's attempting the layup. He literally goes into Looney, that wouldn't have happened if Looney pushed him. If AD doesn't fall over trying to finesse that shyt, like he does every other time he puts up a shot, the ref isn't calling anything. I mean the fact you're creating an imaginary push (when you can't even see Looney push him), but are excusing a blatant undercut which you can see as they don't call it from the angle Lonnie had is comical to the point where I think you're just trolling.

catskill247

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Serious question Dubs fans. Why is it so hard to just say welp my team played like ass. On to the next one. Every game y’all lost this post season y’all go straight to bytching about the refs like the league has it out for the Warriors or something.
Its because they were the kids that were breast fed till they were 10. Its sick really.

Daps
For what it's worth, before game 3, Coach Ham was asked how his team generates their generational free throw disparity.

"Show your hands" drills and "attacking the paint" 🤷🏾‍♂️

(timestamped)

Vando sure showed his hands on this defensive play, hitting Steph right on top of his head with his arm with no call.

:troll:

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
There's literally no evidence in that clip of Looney pushing him.

Like zero.

You'll even see AD's body keep it's same form as he's attempting the layup. He literally goes into Looney, that wouldn't have happened if Looney pushed him. If AD doesn't fall over trying to finesse that shyt, like he does every other time he puts up a shot, the ref isn't calling anything. I mean the fact you're creating an imaginary push (when you can't even see Looney push him), but are excusing a blatant undercut which you can see as they don't call it from the angle Lonnie had is comical to the point where I think you're just trolling.
My guy, when that is called, there is a push. It’s difficult to see from the TV angle but the trajectory of AD makes it pretty clear.

Good thing the ref doesn’t officiate the game from the TV angle.

Any comment on the Draymond flagrant? Are we ignoring that now?

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
Unfortunately, being an effective FOUL MERCHANT and FLOPPER is an effective NBA strategy.

But it creates a less enjoyable product.

:scust:

Especially for the casual fans.

Stans gon Stan war. But it's hard to argue that hearing whistles and watching free throws for half the broadcast is pleasing to the audience.

This is not a Laker or Bron problem, it's a leaguewide problem. It's basically an exploit that players and teams use and abuse to varying degrees. Some are just better at it (or less scrupulous) than others.

In other words...

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
As an unbiased observer who even leans towards warriors more often than not.

the crying about refs is hilarious. The shyt that happened in that game two of the knicks/heat game was egregious reffing. havent seen anything too crazy in this series :yeshrug: