The Champs Escape The Beam & Now Face The King's New Regime! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Warriors (#6) WCSF Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Bron gets fouled/hacked all the time without going the line…you never gonna see me act like a bytch in here talkin about ref and league conspiracies

You need to man up
What the fukk are you even talking about?

Bron is on a team that is literally receiving a generational whistle (largest FT differential of the modern era, and it changed overnight); I can bet you all that lint in your pocket that if Bron was on a team that was on the receiving end of these fouls and FT disparity, you'd have a different type of energy.

I don't know why y'all just can't embrace it as long as it's in y'all favor.

:yeshrug:

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
What the fukk are you even talking about?

Bron is on a team that is literally receiving a generational whistle (largest FT differential of the modern era, and it changed overnight); I can bet you all that lint in your pocket that if Bron was on a team that was on the receiving end of these fouls and FT disparity, you'd have a different type of energy.

I don't know why y'all just can't embrace it as long as it's in y'all favor.

:yeshrug:
You literally posted a Twitter post without any type of context and with two and ten likes, from a random Warrior bum, like it was some Watergate scandal shyt

You a goddamn shame :dead:

Last edited:
Daps
You literally posted a Twitter post without any type of contex, from random Warrior bum, like it was some Watergate scandal shyt

You a goddamn shame :dead:
It's an account that covers the entire NBA. If you'd look at their tweets you'd see that.

Here you are can't even address my points, resorting to making up some bullshyt about that account being Warriors-affiliated. You clown ass Lakers fans and Bron stans think it's only GS fans and affiliates making these observations, when you'd see that it's coming from everywhere.

The cotdamn shame is right.

:picard:

And before you come with more strawman nonsense, nobody is saying the officiating is entirely to blame, just that it is having a significant impact on how these games are playing out. You have fans from other teams coming into this thread and pointing out the same. It's obvious to anyone that's paying attention and being honest themselves.

The Lakers went from shooting 6 free throws over the 1st quarter and a half (GS up by 11)
The Lakers then shot 16 free throws in the last six minutes of the 2nd quarter (the same amount they shot in all of Game 3).

- You had a flagrant called on Moody for inadvertent contact with AD's leg; Schroder deliberately grabbed Dray's leg in Game 3 and no flagrant foul
- You had a defensive 3-second foul on Donte which was blatantly wrong (he came out the key multiple times)
- You had a soft foul call on Wiggins when the ref waited until Bron missed the shot (ref waited until the ball rolled off the rim being blowing his whistle)
- You had multiple techs called
- You had Klay get called for a weak ass push off where he didn't even extend his arm
- You had an overturned charge call in favor of the Lakers.
- You had Bron travel on a layup (Iggy was debating this with the officials on the next timeout).

That drastically changed the direction of the game.
You going out sad breh. The series is just 2-1.
Everyone can see that both Games 1 and 3 have been officiated completely differently to Game 2.

It's okay to acknowledge that observation and move on, but y'all want to keep arguing that point. It's okay to say that the Warriors played badly and that the officiating both played their relative parts in the result of the game.

Last edited:

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
nikkas whining about the refs but at the end of the day this Lakers team is just a terrible matchup for the Warriors, They have no answer for AD Defensively and Vando has curry in a strait jacket.

They have no rim protection so they're forced to foul when AD Bron Schroder etc are attacking the rim, Without the hot shooting from the first 2 games they'd be down 3-0.. as you see when they aren't hitting 20+ threes like tonight they get blown the fukk out just like i said would happen. :yeshrug:

Warriors going down 3-1 monday unless they can get hot again, but as one of the worse road teams this season i wouldn't put money on it.
This x 1,000

I can't believe folks are complaining about the fouls...then the Warriors need to stop fouling them, it's that simple :dahell:

Daps
This x 1,000

I can't believe folks are complaining about the fouls...then the Warriors need to stop fouling them, it's that simple :dahell:
Here's an example of the interpretation of the fouls that were called and not called (keep in mind this is only the 1st quarter and not how ridiculous the 2nd quarter was):

Where's the foul from Looney here (ref even waits for AD to miss before blowing the whistle)? What's the alternative here, just move out of the way?

Lonnie commits a borderline flagrant foul, blatantly undercutting Poole and no call.

This was basically the game in a nutshell.

Lakers get a whistle for contact they either created, flopped or in some cases virtually no contact, at all, and the Warriors get hit on the head and undercut on shots and don't get a whistle.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
•The Lakers started the season 12-16 (.429, ~35-win pace) before AD was hurt in December...

AD was out 20 games. LA was a ~35 win team with both Bron and AD playing most of their first 28 games. This shyt was just a little less than 5 months ago, when Davis got hurt everyone expected LA's season to be over, and if the law of averages held the Lakers would have been a below .500 team while AD was out...

•instead LA went 10-10 (.500, 41-win pace) during AD's absence, with LeBron going on an elevated heat check in Year 20. This burst while missing AD likely saved the Lakers season...

•AD gets back in late January, abd with he and LeBron both playing, they go 7-6 (.538, ~44-win pace) in their next 13. It was during this stretch they swapped the net negative players for Rui and the new gang that are contributing mightily at present...

•LeBron gets hurt, Lakers barely clinging to a play-in spot, and are once again in a situation without one of their two best players. LeBron is out 13 games and the Lakers go 8-5 (.615, ~51-win pace) with AD and The Gang...

•LeBron gets back for the home stretch and the Lakers, fully assembled but still gelling, go 7-2 (.778, ~64-win pace) to end the season...

•Lakers so far this postseason are 6-3 (.667, ~55-win pace)...

LA is 25-11 (.694, ~57-win pace) since February 11. That's 3 months of basketball, 36 games, hell of a sample size compared to going 25-31 (.446, ~37-win pace) in the season's first 4 months. This is a tale of two seasons and it continues to mystify me when cats on here discuss the Lakers they completely ignore the run this team has been on for 3 months...

The '23 Lakers have continued to respond to adversity at every turn and dudes still don't believe in them...
Let me add onto this:

While Bron's shot has definitely been off this postseason for the most part, and he hasn't scored over 30 yet these playoffs, him not taking a shot in the 1stQ yesterday convinced me that he's being intentionally passive and he has a big scoring surge left in him if he needs to pull it out...

LeBron is too smart, he's arguably the smartest player to touch the court. The reads he was making from jump yesterday were A1, he had almost zero sloppiness yesterday, and combine this with him taking no shots in the 1st, this told me he understood awhile ago that he needs to feed his teammates emotionally. He's always done this to degrees, but this team obviously needs to run thru AD, and because of the lack of deep playoff experience elsewhere on the roster, everybody else needs to grow confidence in scoring the ball...

The Lakers have scorers. This isn't some of his past teams that can barely score without him. Because of their inconsistencies he realizes the other Lakers have to grow in touches and confidence. Even AD has only been beyond Rd2 once in his 11-year career, so centering everything around Davis is building him, too. AD's efforts on D is taking away some of his consistency offensively, but they need his defense way more than they need his scoring because they have scorers...

And I'll repeat, the way we're watching AD play on defense is the best defense I've seen from one guy, on a playoff stage, maybe my whole 24 years watching ball. The only comparables would be early 00s Duncan, '04 or '08 Garnett, or '04 Wallace and Wallace never had AD's offensive responsibility, not even in its diminished role. This could potentially turn into an All-Time defensive run...

Here's another thing, when Bron came back on March 26, he scored 30 in 3 of the Lakers last 4 games as they fought to avoid the play-in. Then exactly 30 in the play-in game. So 4 of 5 games shooting into the postseason, he was 30+, with a traditional line of .518/.488/.833 while averaging 30.4...

You don't go from knowing how to score the last 5 games before the playoffs to not knowing how to score when the playoffs start. His j has always been prone to streakiness, but he didn't lose his ability to score in the 4 days between the Wolves game and G1 Memphis. He's holding it and building everyone else...

Inevitably, there will come a point or few when his huge scoring game will be needed. He'll pull it out...

But what he's doing is funneling everything thru AD and building the comfortability of everyone else, and it's working. They answered getting smacked by 27 on Thursday, with everyone writing them off, by smacking SF by 30 yesterday. Ham and most the other Lakers never been here before, but LeBron has. He knows what he's doing....

It's still Lakers in 6 to me...

This is a 55-60 win team having to play as a 7-seed, 43-win team because this roster came together late. To be fair this Warriors team isn't a typical 6-seed either and I absolutely expect them to not go down without a fight...

But they going down. It's Lakers in 6!