The Champs Escape The Beam & Now Face The King's New Regime! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Warriors (#6) WCSF Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The Lakers' free throw disparity against Golden State's three point advantage will likely decide the outcome of this series. People gotta stop looking at it like Golden State outscored LA from three by 45 points (21 threes to 6). The real difference is 15 points because both teams made 43 shots.

On the other hand, LA outscored GS by 20 from the line. So the Lakers were +5 between the two comparisons, which was the difference in the final score.

Nobody better whine about the refs either. The Lakers shot 25 threes total compared to 53 for the Dubs.

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
The Lakers' free throw disparity against Golden State's three point advantage will likely decide the outcome of this series. People gotta stop looking at it like Golden State outscored LA from three by 45 points (21 threes to 6). The real difference is 15 points because both teams made 43 shots.

On the other hand, LA outscored GS by 20 from the line. So the Lakers were +5 between the two comparisons, which was the difference in the final score.

Nobody better whine about the refs either. The Lakers shot 25 threes total compared to 53 for the Dubs.
That means the Warriors will have to change their entire game plan if they wanna shoot as many free throws; not happening. Plus they don't have the players for that. Their best chance is if the Lakers get to the free throw line less or get 3-point happy…

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
This is Shaq and Kobe so if they win the chip then we are going to have to revisit some of your Kobe slander
I've never slandered Kobe, so the only thing you could be talking about is that I don't view anything as 1a/1b, that's a cop out for dudes. Shaq was the guy on those Lakers' teams and arguably the best player in ball for the duration of his Laker's tenure...

That isnt Kobe slander, thats a fact if you were watching ball then...
I got the Lakers winning it all this year. I've seen enough. But watch them still give Bron Finals MVP even if AD has better stats :mjpls:
no they won't, if AD has the better Finals he'll get it but the way some of you are so hung up on Finals MVP is wild...

Daps
Not an overreaction it’s correct if you realize the lakers too big for golden state and are winning this series period
I don't care for your jinx, breh.

Folks are only putting an emphasis on this because they think the Warriors making 21 threes is some anomaly, and that method of offense is less sustainable than the Lakers' offense, which is ignoring the fact that aside from Steph, Klay and Poole, the rest of the Warriors only shot 3-13 from behind the arc (right in line with what the Lakers were shooting), so it wasn't as if the team had a great shooting night, it was merely their stars who were producing, and we know that Steph and Klay, especially, are more than capable of shooting just as well if not better than that.

If it was GP2, Wiggins, Dray, Donte, Moody hitting an absurd amount of shots from behind the arc, I could see that argument, but they didn't.

And there's another fold to that -

When the game was within a few possessions throughout the first two and half quarters, the Warriors had only made around about 12-13 threes, it was only over the last quarter and a half when they were down by double digits that they started getting hot from behind the arc to make up the deficit, which brought them within tying the game with around a minute remaining.

It wasn't as if they were sinking 3s all throughout the game and the Lakers were still countering. They only started hitting them to get back in the game. Hence that 14-0 run in the 4th and LA not having an answer for them.
I know y'all keep reiterating this point, but it's not as simple as the Warriors shooting more 3s and that's the reason why they don't get FTs.

Not all the FTs that the Lakers shot were on attempted shots. They were getting in the penalty a lot earlier than Warriors because of their foul merchants, as we've seen all throughout the year. But that's going to be on the Warriors to adjust and not get baited, which Poole was guilty of a lot. Once Dray got into foul trouble that really changed things because nobody was out there controlling the defensive end for GS and they looked lost.

They're going to have to be more disciplined to limit how many times LA gets to the line, particularly during runs when they can't hit 3s.

Last edited:
Daps
That means the Warriors will have to change their entire game plan if they wanna shoot as many free throws; not happening. Plus they don't have the players for that. Their best chance is if the Lakers get to the free throw line less or get 3-point happy…
This is why there should be no overreactions to Game 1.

GS will adjust and they'll find other ways to score. If there's one thing the last decade should have told you is that this team always finds a way to get back into a series. Now, of course, that doesn't mean they're going to win, it just means that once they counter it'll be up to the Lakers to do the same. It'd be wrong to think that every game from this point forward will play out as it did in Game 1.

I don't think we'll truly know the end gameplan for either team until we get to Game 6/7. I expect it to go at least six.

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
When you shoot 19%, you have to. He's too smart to continue chucking like this

Crazy the way he’s been shooting I’m surprised teams haven’t been giving him the Dray/Dillon Brooks/Westbrick treatment.

But he’s probably got too much respect for them to try that…he also easily splashed the one that they left him open on

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Yeah Game 7s are rough for teams.

I did the work on how teams perform in Game 1 after a 7 game series and it's not good.

Updated numbers after tonight:

Teams who come off a 7 game series are 33-52 (38.8%) in Game 1 of the following series since 1988

Teams that win Game 7 are still 36-48 (42.8%) straight up in the following series all together.

How much of that is due to the fact that teams who went to 7 are often weaker squads than the teams who took care of business early?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Silvers getting LeBron to the Finals

Why would he do that when Steph is younger, playing more like a star, and has at least as large if not larger fan base?

If the league was trying to fix shyt for the Lakers, they wouldn't have made all those crazy non-calls at the end of games and weak AD fouls on threes that damn near kept there Lakers out of the playoffs completely.

Y'all come up with the dumbest narratives.