The Champs Escape The Beam & Now Face The King's New Regime! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Warriors (#6) WCSF Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
Other than passing the ball, he doesn't have much choice.

That's the consequence of being 38 playing 40 minutes in a playoff game. He simply doesn't have the energy to do much else.
And Bron Bron is a playmaker at heart anyway. His comfort zone is playmaking and passing. He prefers to be a facilitator and distributor on offense.

Older veteran players like Bron wisely play to their strengths and within their limits. Now that his energy levels are noticeably lower and his athleticism has declined, Bron will just be a high iq playmaker who can score 15-20 points and get 5-10 assists until he retires. Maybe Every now and then, he might turn back the clock and score 30 points, but the days of prime bron are over, he wont score 40-50 points a game no more. He is too old to be the all around go to guy scorer anymore.

Last edited:

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Kind of surprised can’t lie. Not trying the Lakers. Definitely thought they had a good chance of winning series. Just thought Warriors would come out on fire first game. They underestimated the Lakers

GS just came off a Game 7 the other night. Lakers had a longer break, so it only stood to reason they'd have more energy for this. Warriors more likely needed a game to recalibrate, and they know Game 2 is a must-win so that should reflect in their performance next game.

Yeah Game 7s are rough for teams.

I did the work on how teams perform in Game 1 after a 7 game series and it's not good.

Updated numbers after tonight:

Teams who come off a 7 game series are 33-52 (38.8%) in Game 1 of the following series since 1988

Teams that win Game 7 are still 36-48 (42.8%) straight up in the following series all together.

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
Warriors went down 0-2 against the Kings and this board had already put them in the grave. Remind me, what happened after that?
0-2 going home and 0-2 going to LA (if they lose game 2) are two ENTIRELY different things

Pressure on GS to win the next game is immense. I think they will respond, but you never know with this current Lakers team. Lakers could easily blow them out in game 2.

Daps
Bruh what are you even saying :mjlol:

There’s only 1 days rest between each game and the Warriors are actually LESS rested because they just played a Game 7 on Sunday. You think their legs won’t get tired too or what? Somehow over the course of this series only the Lakers will be fatigued, of course. :mjgrin:

Your dikkriding has gotten to the point where you’re actually subtly wishing for injuries. Absolutely shameless work :dead:
If your dumbass actually paid attention to what I've posted you would've seen I mentioned this as being an obstacle for both teams. Not just the Lakers, but the Warriors too. I've reiterated this about five times. I've said the Lakers had more energy for this game before GS just had a Game 7 a handful of times too. This is why nobody should overreact to Game 1, because there's going to be more twists and turns along the way, and the team that can adjust to managing their own health will be in prime position to take this series out.

You can save these strawman arguments for the next man.

Daps
0-2 going home and 0-2 going to LA (if they lose game 2) are two ENTIRELY different things

Pressure on GS to win the next game is immense. I think they will respond, but you never know with this current Lakers team. They could easily blow them out in game 2.
Are the Warriors down 0-2 in this series?

Daps
We remember what happened last time Dubs had to face Bron on an even playing field
Ea0riE_WkAA6Xpe.jpg
ClaY4qkUoAAIaAN.jpg:large
Look at this shameless ass KD stan.

99% of the time he's shytting on Bron, but here he is weaponizing him to deflect from his mans stanking it up, on the verge of another embarrassing playoff exit.

:picard:

Daps
Read again….the pressure is on! I don't see Lakers losing at home. This ain'no fukkin Sabonis, Barnes and 'em.

You stay underestimating this team..but you will
Learn

The hard way

(AGAIN!)
This isn't about underestimating the Lakers, this is about not overreacting to what happened in Game 1.
What did the Lakers do on defense that was a surprise today?
Not a whole lot.

But what would you have Kerr done to make Wiggins more aggressive, Draymond not scared to take a shot in the paint, Poole not being a rockhead and Steph have more energy after spending his tank on that Game 7 performance?

Daps
Warriors couldn’t capitalize on Bron shooting 9-24 at home while they had three guys hit six threes and Looney had 23 boards. I don’t see them winning more than two games unless an untimely injury occurs. That’s what they’re hoping for because they know they can’t win straight up. Bad matchup for the Dubs. No KD to neutralize Bron
Look at this fakkit typing this out as if Bron was the reason Lakers won Game 1.

Shameless ass dikkriding shyt. Telling on himself because he knows his mans won't win shyt on his own.

:picard:

Gotright

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
detroit
Some of you already starting with the anti-Lebron BS.....If the Lakers win the championship who gives a fukk who wins MVP....the only thing that matters is that Lebron/AD will have helped the Lakers win 2 championships in 5 years.....I hope AD does win the finals MVP...It would mean that he played up to his level.
Kd Stan's want LeBron fans to be mad cause AD stepping up like all the LeBron fans wanted him to do. Lakers don't win a without ad playing like a top 5 player

Gotright

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
detroit
I didn't neg you for that post. I negged you for being shameless. No need to keep going around in circles on something you're clearly overreacting to what happened in Game 1 because you desperately want Bron to win.

:yeshrug:
I'm not overreacting y'all made 21 three's in lost. I asked was you not concerned about that. I should neg you for that dumb ass post about the warriors coming off a seven game series when they gone get the same amount of rest every game against the Lakers. You know y'all in trouble

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Bron is a non factor, AD is the best player on the Lakers now, it’s really Steph vs AD
You're trolling but Bron is just a decoy in this series. He isn't capable of dominating an entire game. I don't see him playing much better than he did tonight.