The Champs Escape The Beam & Now Face The King's New Regime! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Warriors (#6) WCSF Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
I'm not overreacting y'all made 21 three's in lost. I asked was you not concerned about that. I should neg you for that dumb ass post about the warriors coming off a seven game series when they gone get the same amount of rest every game against the Lakers. You know y'all in trouble
Don't overreact to what happens in Game 1. How many times do I need to say it?

:manny:

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
Not a whole lot.

But what would you have Kerr done to make Wiggins more aggressive, Draymond not scared to take a shot in the paint, Poole not being a rockhead and Steph have more energy after spending his tank on that Game 7 performance?

Wiggins isn't aggressive by nature, although he had moments. Draymond doesn't shoot 90% of the time. Poole is a rock head 90% of the time. Steph's energy was fine.

To me, it looked like we were scared of AD patrolling the paint in drop and had NO PLAN of what to do - except avoid or get swatted.

Kerr should have game planned at least 2 counters to his shot blocking.

Daps
Wiggins isn't aggressive by nature, although he had moments. Draymond doesn't shoot 90% of the time. Poole is a rock head 90% of the time. Steph's energy was fine.

To me, it looked like we were scared of AD patrolling the paint in drop and had NO PLAN of what to do - except avoid or get swatted.

Kerr should have game planned at least 2 counters to his shot blocking.
It's not like players on this team haven't faced AD before, or haven't had years playing against shot blockers.

You want Kerr to hold their hands to work out what to do?

This isn't a wet-behind-the-ears ass team, they should know by now on how to attack defenders like AD. You're putting far too much emphasis on what Kerr should be doing instead of the players. But again, it's Game 1, and they just came off a Game 7 against a completely different team. There wasn't time and the Warriors don't have the energy to be carrying out grand plans in the first game of a series in this situation. We've seen this squad time and time again work out what to do over the course of a series, that's how they operate; they feel out what to do. They're an older team now as well, so it's going to take them longer to work into a series. If they don't manage to win this series, then it'll be because they simply weren't good enough, and not because of a lack of adjustments.

If you acknowledge that Wiggins isn't aggressive by nature, Draymond has a reluctancy to score and Poole has rocks in his head, surely you've got to be understanding that nobody can just work miracles with that right from Game 1? You say they were "scared", well, how's that Kerr's fault?

And this is a coaching staff thing.

They have an offensive coach [Atkinson] whose job it is to scheme, so I don't really see the sense in blaming Kerr for why you perceived they weren't ready.

Daps
Warriors have had no answer for AD dating back to 2015; if he stays healthy and engaged this series LA will be sending them home quickly. GS only real path to victory is hoping him AND Bron both have off nights while Curry plays transcendent every game without a miss. Odds of that happening 4 different times this series not in their favor.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Warriors couldn’t capitalize on Bron shooting 9-24 at home while they had three guys hit six threes and Looney had 23 boards. I don’t see them winning more than two games unless an untimely injury occurs. That’s what they’re hoping for because they know they can’t win straight up. Bad matchup for the Dubs. No KD to neutralize Bron

Bron had a bad game but I expect him to clean it up. Steph is better than Jordan, Kobe, Magic and Wilt so AD should be light work

We remember what happened last time Dubs had to face Bron on an even playing field
Ea0riE_WkAA6Xpe.jpg
ClaY4qkUoAAIaAN.jpg:large
This nikka on KD dikk so much, he turned into a Bron-sexual for this series :picard:

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
It's not like players on this team haven't faced AD before, or haven't had years playing against shot blockers.

You want Kerr to hold their hands to work out what to do?

This isn't a wet-behind-the-ears ass team, they should know by now on how to attack defenders like AD. You're putting far too much emphasis on what Kerr should be doing instead of the players. But again, it's Game 1, and they just came off a Game 7 against a completely different team. There wasn't time and the Warriors don't have the energy to be carrying out grand plans in the first game of a series in this situation. We've seen this squad time and time again work out what to do over the course of a series, that's how they operate; they feel out what to do. They're an older team now as well, so it's going to take them longer to work into a series. If they don't manage to win this series, then it'll be because they simply weren't good enough, and not because of a lack of adjustments.

If you acknowledge that Wiggins isn't aggressive by nature, Draymond has a reluctancy to score and Poole has rocks in his head, surely you've got to be understanding that nobody can just work miracles with that right from Game 1? You say they were "scared", well, how's that Kerr's fault?

And this is a coaching staff thing.

They have an offensive coach [Atkinson] whose job it is to scheme, so I don't really see the sense in blaming Kerr for why you perceived they weren't ready.
No need to go back and forth. I stand on my original point.

The head coach (and by extension staff) should proactively come up with counters for predictable in game situations.

Neither you or I was surprised by the Lakers paint defense.

Steve Kerr was not harmed by my opinion. He WILL come up with counter strategies before game 2.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're a coward who disappeared after the Kings series. You don't get to say anything. Go that way.
The Kings series just ended on Sunday :bryan: I’ve been posting since then when I correctly stated (and have been stating for years) the Warriors are only what Steph makes them.

You have consistently tried to give more credit to Steve Kerr and Draymond Green, both of whom contribute little more than you do watching the game at home :mjlol:

Daps
The Kings series just ended on Sunday :bryan: I’ve been posting since then when I correctly stated (and have been stating for years) the Warriors are only what Steph makes them.

You have consistently tried to give more credit to Steve Kerr and Draymond Green, both of whom contribute little more than you do watching the game at home :mjlol:
And you've still yet to reply to all the bullshyt you said would happen during that series.

Don't need to hear excuses for why you're constantly wrong and a coward.

:yeshrug:

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
This series is a fascinating matchup.

It's the...

1's & 2's ☝🏾✌🏾
vs
the 3's 👌🏾

Bully Ball vs Small Ball

It's almost a referendum on basketball play style supremacy, with two all time greats as the backdrop.

Gonna make for a great show.
:blessed:

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
Bron is a non factor, AD is the best player on the Lakers now, it’s really Steph vs AD
March 26, 2023, at 3:16 p.m. LOS ANGELES (AP) — LeBron James says two doctors recommended season-ending surgery on a torn tendon in his right foot, but he has decided to finish out the season on the court with the Los Angeles Lakers.

The Connoisseurs

Superstar
Daps
We been seeing his decline for a running 4 years now. When he fukked his groin in the '18 Christmas game, when he returned from that injury, he was never the same...
:patrice:

That could’ve arguably been his peak where he had everything going… that game 1 vs warriors in the finals almost made me Believeland that he was able to steal the finals until the refs and Jr F’d him over.