The Carmichael Show - Jerrod Carmichael's NBC Sitcom CANCELLED after 3 Seasons - JERROD WALKS AWAY

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
The religion episode was probably the funniest one yet to me. Loretta Devines "Jew" was money.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Seeing that I worked literally every weekday(nights) this summer I missed out on this show. But a few weeks back I saw the first episode & I found it to be funny for a black sitcom. I noticed it had the canned laughter but the writing is there. From that one alone here's what I got out of it: I love that the OG Dreamgirl Loretta Devine is playing the overbearing mother & David Allen Grier is the dad who is there to balance out his family's fukkery who I haven't seen since on tv In Living Color (I think he was on that horrible tv series version of Bad Teacher and a few others I don't want to look up or acknowledge). The highlight of the show besides the main character was his Lil Rel & Tiffany Haddish. I'm really happy Tiffany didn't get the spot on SNL cause this is more suiting for her to get her name out there on her own. Lil Rel is becoming a rising star in the comic realm with major support from Kevin Hart & Shaq (he was on Shaq's stand up special a few years back). Lastly, the main character Jerrod. I can't say when I have last seen such a great non-white show and the main character is so nautaly funny. It's apparent that he's not trying it's just flowing from him. I plan to catch up and be ready when season 2 starts.

Wallychamp

Kings Lose Crowns, Teachers Stay Intelligent
Daps
We back brehs...

Update: On September 14, 2015, the series was renewed by NBC for a second season of 13 episodes, which was originally set to premiere on Tuesday, March 8, at 10:30/9:30c, but later revised to Wednesday, March 9 with back-to-back episodes after The Voice. It will then premiere in its regular timeslot Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 9/8c.

The Carmichael Show

:blessed:

Last edited:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this show ok, i'm not laughing a lot at it. I know they have some serious moments but the show is meh to me.

I think that craig robinson show should've gotten a second season

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've been telling myself to watch this for a while I'm going to get on it before the season starts

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a good show, but I think Carmichael should try a sketch comedy show. I think he's capable of making something close to Chappelle's Show in greatness, and definitely better than Key and Peele.