The Carmichael Show - Jerrod Carmichael's NBC Sitcom CANCELLED after 3 Seasons - JERROD WALKS AWAY

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Its cool so far. I like the dude from peoples show better
47321-hell-no-chris-tucker-gif-zUJk.gif

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I kinda feel you,and I felt that way at certain moments,but only reason I really felt that way was because I'm pretty sure most of this Carmichael guys fanbase is white folks since I've never heard of em,yet he's popular enough to get a show on nbc:mjpls:...But the show itself seems to be aimed at a black audience,and wants to have black viewers,but who knows.

If it was a Mike Epps,or Katt Williams as the star of this show with the hood chick,or DAG talking that square c00n shyt....It probably wouldn't come across as c00ning when you know its a show for black folks,long as it doesnt seem forced,and comes across natural and its funny.....The star of the show is the only reason it can seem a little akward at times.

Who is this Carmichael,and whats the main demographic they are wanting to amuse and please the most:patrice:?

great post breh. I'd never heard of this dude before I saaw him on "The Nightly Show w/ Larry Wilmore", and that was just 3 weeks ago or so.

He does seem like a comedian who is liked more by white crowds than Black crowds :mjpls:....BUT at the same time, he is still Black so just because he doesn't play to the steretypical black audience like Epps, or Katt, his opinion still matters.....as long as he's not on some "I'm black, but I'm not like those blacks" :mjpls:, then it's cool with me. I'm fine with Black ppl giving alternate views of what's going on as long as it's not forced or uncle tomming.

The dude who plays his brother on there seems like he fits more in the mold of the Def Jam/Comic View era Black comedian.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
TV Ratings: 'The Carmichael Show' Rises in Second Week
the_carmichael_show_still_h_15.jpg

Chris Haston/NBC

Both new episodes of the NBC sitcom rose two-tenths from its premiere week.
It looks like NBC may have a new hit comedy on its hands.

The network's latest summer sitcom, The Carmichael Show, rose two-tenths in its second week. Wednesday's back-to-back new episodes averaged a solid 1.3 and 1.1 rating among adults 18-49.

The last time a summer comedy grabbed a 1.3 rating was when NBC's Undateable bowed in May 2014. That helped the series earn a season-two renewal and a move to midseason — a promising sign for Carmichael.

via hollywoodrepoter

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
this is a lot better than I thought it would be

"smile so we can see if you're having a stroke!" :dead:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
caught up on all the eps last night....shyt is solid af to me :manny: and DAG is pure comedy....the way they clown the girlfriend cuz she mixed :mjlol: i legit lol'd when the dude was talking bout the struggle he go thru everyday as a black man and she was like "u know im black, right? :dahell:" and that nicca went "ehh :ld:"....shyt had me rolling :russ: